Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMX track Ballyogan

• 14-06-2016 4:58pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heard from my local councillor during a talk that they are putting in a BMX track at the new public centre in Ballyogan and it was well on the way. They also mentioned about shared pedestrian/bicycle space on a nearby road and I cringed slightly. The council are notorious for not consulting anyone who may have any idea what they are on about, and when questioned they referred to road engineers when someone queried the dangerous road layout in the area, I wondered to myself, had anyone with knowledge relevant to this been consulted.

I am hoping someone has, but I was wondering did anyone here know more?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CramCycle wrote: »
    Heard from my local councillor during a talk that they are putting in a BMX track at the new public centre in Ballyogan and it was well on the way. They also mentioned about shared pedestrian/bicycle space on a nearby road and I cringed slightly. The council are notorious for not consulting anyone who may have any idea what they are on about, and when questioned they referred to road engineers when someone queried the dangerous road layout in the area, I wondered to myself, had anyone with knowledge relevant to this been consulted.

Is this the Samuel Beccket centre? The bike lanes in the area are generally good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CramCycle wrote: »

They said in 2012 there would be consultation

ecouncil.dlrcoco.ie:9071/documents/s24360/BlankMotionReportDoc.pdf

And in 2013 they contacted BMX Ireland.

http://m.herald.ie/news/council-plans-to-zip-parks-into-shape-with-adventure-activities-29395503.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

godtabh wrote: »
    Is this the Samuel Beccket centre? The bike lanes in the area are generally good.
    Not the bike lanes in that are I meant, the councillor referred to plans for other bike lanes in the area and opting for pedestrian/cycling shared space in an area where the majority of cyclists will be leisure cyclists out for the weekend, or relatively decent distant commuters, rather than people going between lights over a short distance in the city.
    ted1 wrote: »
    Sounds good, glad that they reverted back to a group with knowledge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sorry took you up wrong.

Advertisement