Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It is super frustrating that side of it. But I understand it too. He’s kind of just invincible but making them constantly breakable adds to that urge to explore to replace them I think is what they’re going for. I could well be wrong.

There are some areas where good ones respawn. Some are just left in the ground and others are are in the hands of enemies who respawn.

In my mastermode playthrough, one of the first things I did was unlock the towers near these locations.

I won't spoil anything here but you can google those locations if you want more durable weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

There are some areas where good ones respawn. Some are just left in the ground and others are are in the hands of enemies who respawn.

In my mastermode playthrough, one of the first things I did was unlock the towers near these locations.

I won't spoil anything here but you can google those locations if you want more durable weapons.

Also with access to the top of that 'colosseum' near the Great Plateau, you can work your way down stealthily, sneak attacking all the enemies and taking their high quality weapons.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Also with access to the top of that 'colosseum' near the Great Plateau, you can work your way down stealthily, sneak attacking all the enemies and taking their high quality weapons.

That one's great.

It almost feels like that was its purpose. There are more fun weapons there than you can carry early on and the location is a fairly obvious place to take a look at when you leave the plateau.

It was the ability to find decent weapons that kept me playing this. If everything broke after 5 or 6 hits, I'd have just stopped playing. The durability of the elemental and royal stuff is fine and there are loads of places to find them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As much as I loved it, and still do, The Last Guardian is probably the game I love the most from this past/current generation.
    But it's a close thing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

That one's great.

It almost feels like that was its purpose. There are more fun weapons there than you can carry early on and the location is a fairly obvious place to take a look at when you leave the plateau.

It was the ability to find decent weapons that kept me playing this. If everything broke after 5 or 6 hits, I'd have just stopped playing. The durability of the elemental and royal stuff is fine and there are loads of places to find them.

Ok i have to ask. Where can I find this collesium?
    Any help appreciated:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Left out of the shrine of resurrection you can see it on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ana Lima

happy very good!!!!

safetyboy wrote: »
    Left out of the shrine of resurrection you can see it on the map

Brillo thank you :)

There is something scary at the bottom be prepared.

There is something scary at the bottom be prepared.

If it’s a stone talus don’t worry. I’ve learned to just run away after having my head kicked in by one several times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If it’s a stone talus don’t worry. I’ve learned to just run away after having my head kicked in by one several times :)

Pfft.
    If you're still running from a Stone Talus, you definitely don 't want to meet this fella.
    ;)

Oh wow.
    Now I’m intrigued:)

See this just goes to show. I thought I’d explored the great plateau fairly well.
    Apparently not haha
    This game is yuuuuuge

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh wow.
    Now I’m intrigued:)

See this just goes to show. I thought I’d explored the great plateau fairly well.
    Apparently not haha
    This game is yuuuuuge

The colesseum isn't on the great plateau, it's just a short distance from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Star Lord wrote: »
    The colesseum isn't on the great plateau, it's just a short distance from it!

I'm 150 hours in and only stumbled across Colosseum lately. I wandered around quietly as it's a scary spot. I'm a lover not a fighter lol And prompted left. Must head back.

Got Travel Medallion this week and used Hero Tracker from DLC to spot 1 area I haven't been, it was yet another wow moment finding a GoT type of creature.

I think I'm gonna play another 30 hours easy b4 going to final boss and then DLC parts afterwards, What an epic masterpiece

i finished it in about 700 hours all shrines and stuff, I'm replaying now and about 90 shrines in and still finding stuff. Amazing game, someone told me to try Skyrim but its like using goat simulator or something worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

i finished it in about 700 hours all shrines and stuff, I'm replaying now and about 90 shrines in and still finding stuff. Amazing game, someone told me to try Skyrim but its like using goat simulator or something worse.

700? Wow. I think eventually i might hit 200 hours. For any other game I'd say that's nuts. But totally reasonable for this game.

I got around 300 hours out of the game and the dlc. It had been my favourite single-player gaming experience since chrono trigger.

I'm playing the witcher 3 now though and like it even more than botw but the two games aren't really comparable. They're both action RPGs and you can ride horses that's about all they have in common. I'm curious to see how the switch handles the game when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'd say I'm about 500 hours in and still haven't bothered defeating Gannon.

600+ korok seeds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the best way to approach the DLC for someone who played and beat the game at launch but hasn't really touched it since? Start over? New game plus or just load up an old save?

Just to follow that question,
    Can you buy an amebo second hand? And will it work? Or is it a one time only code?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,380 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just to follow that question,
    Can you buy an amebo second hand? And will it work? Or is it a one time only code?

Thanks in advance

You can buy amiibo secondhand. There's no issues with using them.

sligeach wrote: »
    You can buy amiibo secondhand. There's no issues with using them.

Brillo thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,380 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What's the best way to approach the DLC for someone who played and beat the game at launch but hasn't really touched it since? Start over? New game plus or just load up an old save?

I'd say just dive in and go for it. I say this as someone that beat the game 100% and did the first DLC part, including "The Trial of the Sword" or whatever it's called. I haven't played the second part, kind of want to have something to come back to at some point. Loved the game, probably the best ever for me, topping the great Super Metroid.

Stupid question in a never ending series

But it seems you can complete this game without ever having explored all of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. Can be finished within an hour if you know what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, it's gas. I spent more time than that going after my first horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stupid question in a never ending series

But it seems you can complete this game without ever having explored all of it?
    You can go straight to the castle and fight the end boss ignoring all the rest if you want, the current record is finishing the game in 28:59:

https://www.speedrun.com/botw/run/zp4q998z

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah, it's gas. I spent more time than that going after my first horse!

I left one in Kakariko and it’s he’s coming there still every time I go back.

I’ll take it the horses are important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In so far as cars are important in GTA - they're completely disposable until you find one you like and then woe betide the prick who takes her from you.

Still miss you, Khaleesi.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I left one in Kakariko and it’s he’s coming there still every time I go back.

I’ll take it the horses are important.

I barely used them.

This was partially because I got one at the start, and I liked him, so I left him in the stable so he wouldn't get hurt. (I know, I know...)

Advertisement