Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Two posts in a row and the most Irish posts ever:)

I will get a horse and I will love it.

Thank you all For all the little insights and advice. It’s the encouragement I needed so cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Loved some of my horses, but it don't stop me taking them out. Never had a horse die on me! Tended to keep them out of battles, and away from cliffs!

When you get one whose colouration and stats you like, it's hard to want to let them go for any other horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

One of mine died once (only happened once) but I also died shortly after, I loaded my last save and the horse was back. Simples :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

eyerer wrote: »
    One of mine died once (only happened once) but I also died shortly after, I loaded my last save and the horse was back. Simples :pac:

There's also a horse shrine where you can resurrect a horse... after being berated for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thargor wrote: »
    You can go straight to the castle and fight the end boss ignoring all the rest if you want, the current record is finishing the game in 28:59:

https://www.speedrun.com/botw/run/zp4q998z

That's mad, Surely you'd be way underpowered though?

I still have no horse and I'm just walking everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

All this Zelda chat, I had to fire it up and have a go of MAster Mode.

Sweet jesus, how do you win a fight with a blue moblin? I've blown them up, thrown them off cliffs, hit them with a forest of tree branches and he still gets up! And he's the first one!!!

Do you know what I didn't miss? Falling off the first tower 30 times trying to climb down it.

If I complete this I’d there an option to restart in master mode?
    Sounds terrifying.

Or do I have to buy an add on thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If I complete this I’d there an option to restart in master mode?
    Sounds terrifying.

Or do I have to buy an add on thingy?

You need to buy the DLC.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You need to buy the DLC.

Bugger

Banjo wrote: »
    Do you know what I didn't miss? Falling off the first tower 30 times trying to climb down it.

You didn't notice you can just drop from one 'balcony' to the next on that first tower? :pac:

Also, if you're struggling with that first bokoblin, wait till you get to that thunder bastard...

• Advertisement

Bugger
    That's like letting tomorrow's breakfast spoil your dessert! Enjoy the ice-cream and waffles while you can! Because the porridge sucks!
    Star Lord wrote: »
    You didn't notice you can just drop from one 'balcony' to the next on that first tower? :pac:

Also, if you're struggling with that first bokoblin, wait till you get to that thunder bastard...
    I can kind of handle him... I just run out of things to hit him with and have to run away. Thunderbastard is a great name for a metal band.... I'm not sure which of 2 things you're referring to there but pretty sure I won't enjoy either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I need to unfollow this thread before it tempts me into buying a Switch to replay BoW. I have it on the WiiU but that's different...... right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

xckjoo wrote: »
    I need to unfollow this thread before it tempts me into buying a Switch to replay BoW. I have it on the WiiU but that's different...... right? :pac:

It's exactly the same and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

antix80 wrote: »
    It's exactly the same and you know it.
    Only one way to find out for sure I guess! ;)

I can kind of handle him... I just run out of things to hit him with and have to run away. Thunderbastard is a great name for a metal band.... I'm not sure which of 2 things you're referring to there but pretty sure I won't enjoy either :D

Rule 1 of Master Mode: Only fight when you need to, or they have something shiny that you want... And lure individuals away when you need to take on a group, so you can kill them one by one, rather than getting sucker punched in the back of the head with a dragonbone club that sends you to the game over screen... For individuals, you can't give them a moments rest, or they'll regen health, and sneak-strike is your friend. Also, there's an item in one of the DLC chests that makes it so that most normal enemies don't react to you... and it's almost essential for Master Mode!

Thunder bastard is everyone's favourite boss, lurking out in the desert...

Anyone know how to defeat those floating lightning bastards?
    They’re doing my head in

Anyone know how to defeat those floating lightning bastards?
    They’re doing my head in

Stasis, then a couple of arrows. They'll fall to the ground and you can batter them.

Stasis, then a couple of arrows. They'll fall to the ground and you can batter them.

I love you thanks a million!

Star Lord wrote: »

I just want to point out how insensitive this comment is towards those of us who suffer from both Eljud (Left Joycon Upward Drift) and old man hands. You are a disgrace! I call for you to step down as Star-Lord and give the Stars an chance to move past this dark moment in their history, Star-Serf!

Oh wait, yeah, you can just drop instead of climbing. Oops!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I wish you had more than 1 save so you can restart and keep your main save.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »

If you have the DLC, Master Mode works as a separate save, but as you can guess from Banjo's post, it is quite a game changer difficulty wise!

Once you get some better weapons and pick your fights carefully, it gets a lot easier though.

safetyboy wrote: »

Create a 2nd account on the switch just for Zelda!

Bonus: Set that account/profile in a different region, so that your identical twin that actually lives in a different country can also purchase games from their home country's e-shop... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So I haven't completed the main game and haven't played it in a while.
    Is it worth me getting the DLC and playing some of the extra bits or should I complete the main game first?

kingtut wrote: »
    So I haven't completed the main game and haven't played it in a while.
    Is it worth me getting the DLC and playing some of the extra bits or should I complete the main game first?

That's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

That's what I did.

And playing the DLC prior to completing the main game doesn't ruin the main game at all ?

kingtut wrote: »
    And playing the DLC prior to completing the main game doesn't ruin the main game at all ?

There's quite a bit to the DLC, from the Champions Ballad quests, to the EX chests, to The Trial of the Sword, The Hero's Path (which is a utility rather than something playable, but a very useful utility) and Master Mode. And of course, horse armour... :D

Nothing will ruin the main game (Master Mode aside, it's the main game all over again, but harder, with higher level enemies and enemy health regen), only add to it. After you finish the game, you can always return to it and continue to mop up anything that you hadn't finished. And some of the DLC stuff won't be available till you get to certain points in the game anyway.

Ok I’m in now. Got the hang of it properly Soon as I dropped the linear mindset and just explored it all came together and stuff started happening.
    Got my slate upgraded and a whole new heap of stuff to do. I really wanna knuckle down on shrines for stamina though. That bunch of side quests to open up the shrine near the fairy fountain is tough but I’m on it . Having loads of fun. Made about 5000 rupees making meals and selling them. That was cool learning how to cook and sell the meals and all that. Great money spinner too.
    Need more stamina though. Shrines!!

If you want a glitchy way to manage navigation without using stamina, you can view the following spoiler... reveal the spoiler at your own risk!!!
    Hold down on the dpad and tap the run button...

It takes a bit of manual dexterity to be get used to doing that, but it allows you to run a long way without using stamina, and also to run up all but the steepest slopes rather than climbing...

Does let you explore a lot faster, and with a lot less frustration from stamina limitation.

I've generally gone for two/two + stamina wheels before concentrating on hearts up to the unlucky number that allows you to do a certain in game task...

But I've said enough!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Oh and i have the 16 amiibo cards to start off with with in master mode :)

Advertisement