Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

shanec1928 wrote: »
    is it an all in one go or can ya save and come back to it if ya get so far?

It's split into three, beginning trials, medium trials and final trials. There are break areas in each one too.

When you finish each set of trials, you're returned to the Master Sword plinth.

Best advice is to eat the longest lasting, best boost recipe you have available right before starting it, as while you lose all your gear and food when you go in, the boost carries through!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very cool easter egg - only noticed now, despite how long ago the game came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How the hell did that platform not tip people off? It was the first thing I thought of the minute I came around the corner on the beach and saw it on my first playthrough... I could have been a Youtube celebrity!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This game Has a weird way of not restricting what you can do but nudging you almost subconsciously, to what you should be doing next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This game Has a weird way of not restricting what you can do but nudging you almost subconsciously, to what you should be doing next :)

Yeah, it was eye-opening when I discovered so many people had also tackled Vah Ruta as their first beast. Thought I'd spent 40 hours fluting about and just stumbled on the path to Zora's Domain.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Yeah, it was eye-opening when I discovered so many people had also tackled Vah Ruta as their first beast. Thought I'd spent 40 hours fluting about and just stumbled on the path to Zora's Domain.

Same! I’d gone on endless hours after being given the Zora mission and didn’t have the shock arrows. Then Of course got completely sidetracked for days when I went to find them and funny then stuck, I went back and beat the thing. Wasn’t effin easy. Even using tips. It sort of made doing anhtib else really difficult?
    Don’t know if that was my imagination or not.

Last night was gas. I’m lost in some dark forest with no way out and complete black darkness. except a torch.
    It was terrifying but so brilliant. And it looked amazing when you’d pass structures and trees. I effin love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Started a new game last night, having played it and completed it at launch. I completed it nearly entirely docked and it's amazing how great it looks and runs in handheld mode. I can see myself losing another 100 hours here.

I tried it in handheld and it loses so much imo.

I’m not using that photo compendium yoke at all. I’m always taking photos by accident ffs

Should I be using it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I’m not using that photo compendium yoke at all. I’m always taking photos by accident ffs

Should I be using it?
    I'd get the main memory things before tackling Gannon. Can't remember if it changes the ending or not, but they expand the story a bit when you get them

xckjoo wrote: »
    I'd get the main memory things before tackling Gannon. Can't remember if it changes the ending or not, but they expand the story a bit when you get them

I got one of those memories by accident and then was back in the village and the granny gave me a vest or something for it and it said quest complete? But I’ll get the rest of them too. I don’t wanna miss anything at all if I can.

Thanks for the tip!

I got one of those memories by accident and then was back in the village and the granny gave me a vest or something for it and it said quest complete? But I’ll get the rest of them too. I don’t wanna miss anything at all if I can.

Thanks for the tip!
    Have you come across the painter dude that gives you hints as to where they are? He's in Kakariko village the first time you meet him. Right in front of the godess statue thing, across from the steps up to the house. Find him in different regions and talk to him and he'll give hints on where to find them.

xckjoo wrote: »
    Have you come across the painter dude that gives you hints as to where they are? He's in Kakariko village the first time you meet him. Right in front of the godess statue thing, across from the steps up to the house. Find him in different regions and talk to him and he'll give hints on where to find them.

I have!! I’ve been rambling around ‘off map’ not having found or done the towers in several regions. Most recently last night in Gerudo he was there. I knew I should pay more attention to him thanks :)

Just on that, I think I’m after screwing up. I’ve done a good few towers to open up the map. Rather than focusing on one tower, doing all that regions shrines then moving on to the next.

I have a feeling it’s gonna bite me in the bum. It already has as I’m rambling trying to find shrines and koroks

I have!! I’ve been rambling around ‘off map’ not having found or done the towers in several regions. Most recently last night in Gerudo he was there. I knew I should pay more attention to him thanks :)

Just on that, I think I’m after screwing up. I’ve done a good few towers to open up the map. Rather than focusing on one tower, doing all that regions shrines then moving on to the next.

I have a feeling it’s gonna bite me in the bum. It already has as I’m rambling trying to find shrines and koroks
    Don't think that makes any technical difference to the game but I guess it might make you a bit unfocussed. But sure as long as you're enjoying it keep going.

TBH I ended up looking up the last dozen or so shrines before facing Gannon. There's only so much time I'm willing to wander looking for something. I left it as long as possible though. It does take away from the experience when you're following a guide. Didn't get anywhere near all the Korok seeds cause.... well duck that for a pain in the hole :pac:. From what I remember I got all the upgrades I wanted from them.

I’ve been using a guide when I’m stuck in a shrine. That’s all really. But I’ve been almost stuck every time 😂😂 even with the walkthrough I sometimes get stuck! Whoever designs them has a seriously devious mind :) and brighter than me by about a million suns!

I’m loving it though. Only last night just stopped on some cliff edge looking at out and thinking that’s a fvkin painting. A work of art. Some of the vistas are astonishingly beautiful and the towns and hidden out of the way stuff!! The Rito village I love. Kakariko, I want to move there.

I could go on. Fanboi out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Should I be using it?

It's no harm taking pictures of stuff for your compendium. If you have the camera, you'll have learned that you can take a picture of something and track it.

So you could for example take a picture of a treasure chest or some enemy that you need for parts or some cool weapon and track it like you would a shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

What I had done up to last December was I got 65% stamina and 13 hearts, I had left middle of map Tower and top left. I ended up doing a darkened area on map, get 5 or so shrines and wandering then I'd get the tower for that area and move on to the next. Getting 4 divine beasts completed then too.

After not playing it all year, since E3 I've been putting in maybe 10 hours a week, and loving this again.

Since then I gotten 100% Stamina, 14 hearts, focused on complaining 2 or 3 tower areas and met a few Dragons.

On top of the just completed the 12 memories, I really enjoyed getting those.

Never realised bottom right of map was missing until last night due to Zelda Wind Waker revelations this week. Now enjoying that area. Crazy to think 150 hours in I've missed whole good 10 hours of a map area. WHAT A GAME!!

Next up use DLCs tracker to see where I've not been yet, get another 12 or so shrines and go back for Master Sword. Then might Finally go defeat Ganon.

Again What a Game. 2 years in and not bored at all. Heck of DLC 1 and 2 yet to tackle!

I was standing on top of a thin stone pillar the other night looking for a way to cross and my arse got roasted out of nowhere. Took damage.
    Huge big dragon floating underneath me and coming up into the sky. No idea what that’s about yet but it was

I was standing on top of a thin stone pillar the other night looking for a way to cross and my arse got roasted out of nowhere. Took damage.
    Huge big dragon floating underneath me and coming up into the sky. No idea what that’s about yet but it was

That's one of the three elemental dragons! They have a couple of areas that they appear in and follow a set path. You'll notice the music changes when they're near, and there'll often be an updraft near them also.

If you want to know what they do...
    If you shoot an arrow at them, depending on where it hits, you'll get different parts that are used to upgrade some of the clothing... Or can be used to make super potent potions...

Also, mild quest based spoiler for one of the dragons:
    High up on mount Lanayru, (Tallest mountain in the mid/low-Eastern side) there's a goddess statue, and a task involving one of the dragons...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Honestly, even reading about people playing this for the first time in this thread brings a big smile to my face.

Keep the updates coming.

Some of these shrines are impossible!
    The golf one especially. Handy to open them anyways for travel

Star Lord wrote: »
    That's one of the three elemental dragons! They have a couple of areas that they appear in and follow a set path. You'll notice the music changes when they're near, and there'll often be an updraft near them also.

If you want to know what they do...
    If you shoot an arrow at them, depending on where it hits, you'll get different parts that are used to upgrade some of the clothing... Or can be used to make super potent potions...

Also, mild quest based spoiler for one of the dragons:
    High up on mount Lanayru, (Tallest mountain in the mid/low-Eastern side) there's a goddess statue, and a task involving one of the dragons...

I’ll be doing that in future thanks. One of the benefits of just running around sort of aimlessly is the finding of stuff like this accidentally :) it’s great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it was cool the first time I saw a dragon flying around.

I somehow found myself on a snowy mountain and ended up freeing this dragon. And it said quest completed. But I hadnt been given that quest.
    Missing stuff like that does me brain in. Losing parts of the story

I somehow found myself on a snowy mountain and ended up freeing this dragon. And it said quest completed. But I hadnt been given that quest.
    Missing stuff like that does me brain in. Losing parts of the story

That's the one I'd put in my spoiler earlier. When you get near it, it cuts in automatically, and tells you about it, tells you to shoot an arrow at it, then it flies off, and you've to follow it and clear it from the malice. That's all that there was to 'getting' the quest, the goddess statue telling you what to do.

Star Lord wrote: »
    That's the one I'd put in my spoiler earlier. When you get near it, it cuts in automatically, and tells you about it, tells you to shoot an arrow at it, then it flies off, and you've to follow it and clear it from the malice. That's all that there was to 'getting' the quest, the goddess statue telling you what to do.

I’m not talking to any more strange statues.
    I spoke to one in Hateno and she roobed a heart off me.
    Luckily I had just started that session so reloaded to undo it.
    Screw that im not doing them again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I’m not talking to any more strange statues.
    I spoke to one in Hateno and she roobed a heart off me.
    Luckily I had just started that session so reloaded to undo it.
    Screw that im not doing them again :)

That statue will be coming in handy at some stage, I assure you.

I just finished my last shrine there the other day. Even knowing there's a lot less to discover, I still find myself moseying off and half-expecting new stuff.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    That statue will be coming in handy at some stage, I assure you.

I just finished my last shrine there the other day. Even knowing there's a lot less to discover, I still find myself moseying off and half-expecting new stuff.

Brings up a good question
    Which is more important.
    Hearts or Stamina?
    I’ve been building up stamina cos I got food at cooking and regularly go get fairies at a pond.

Should I be focusing on one then the other or stagger it one heart one stamina one heart etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Brings up a good question
    Which is more important.
    Hearts or Stamina?
    I’ve been building up stamina cos I got food at cooking and regularly go get fairies at a pond.

Should I be focusing on one then the other or stagger it one heart one stamina one heart etc.

I vote stamina.

From memory, exploring is a fair bit easier when you can climb longer.

Advertisement