Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I vote stamina.

From memory, exploring is a fair bit easier when you cam climb longer.

That’s true for me too. Climbing and not having to worry you’re about to fall just as you get there is better. Plus someone else advised me earlier I don’t have to fight everything I come across. Just run away.
    Stamina seems more useful for this point in my game

Ok. One step forward. 4000 miles back. I have all the towers but Gerudo. I think.
    Least towers are visible on the landscape. So you have an aim.
    Shrines. Bastards!! I hate going into shrines. They treat me poorly. It’s coming together though!

Accidentally ended up swimming up castle hyrule waterfall today and got a Korok for my trouble then got blasted to death by guardians.
    Please don’t tell me how to kill these. Please do tell me there’s a moment where I’ll be equipped to despatch them easily. They’re the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ok. One step forward. 4000 miles back. I have all the towers but Gerudo. I think.
    Least towers are visible on the landscape. So you have an aim.
    Shrines. Bastards!! I hate going into shrines. They treat me poorly. It’s coming together though!

Accidentally ended up swimming up castle hyrule waterfall today and got a Korok for my trouble then got blasted to death by guardians.
    Please don’t tell me how to kill these. Please do tell me there’s a moment where I’ll be equipped to despatch them easily. They’re the worst.

There'll even be a moment where you're dropping Guardians so handy that you actively seek them to out to farm parts.

Early game Guardians are the worst. Got potshotted by one seemingly outta nowhere once early on- no visual at all, just its aiming reticle focusing itself on me and a wide open field with no cover. The shot dropped me like a bag of pennies. Which is fine and all, but it caught my damn horse in the blast and that **** is just not on.

I’ve been ignoring the horses. I’d rather just do it by foot.
    The stables are fun for supplies though.
    Why does that guy want my beetle?
    Bad vibe off him. I’m keeping my beetle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I’ve been ignoring the horses. I’d rather just do it by foot.
    The stables are fun for supplies though.
    Why does that guy want my beetle?
    Bad vibe off him. I’m keeping my beetle.
    I was the same with the horses. There's too much climbing and stuff to be doing to stay on one for long. I think one of the DLCs is a saddle for the horse that'll make him hear you anywhere but I could be wrong. Didn't have the DLC for my first play-through

P.S this thread has inspired me to restart it. My WiiU still has some life in it yet :pac:

• Advertisement

I’ve been thinking about the DLCs.
    Might bite the bullet but I have literally mountains still left to do without them

Do I need to buy a memory card to get the dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I didn't have one when I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I’ve been thinking about the DLCs.
    Might bite the bullet but I have literally mountains still left to do without them

Think it's on sale through the eShop at the moment so might be the time to do it.
    I didn't have it for my original playthrough and to be honest I don't notice much of a difference so far this time. But there's a few extra mission type things that'll be nice when I get to them, and the path tracking thing on the map is very handy.

xckjoo wrote: »
    Think it's on sale through the eShop at the moment so might be the time to do it.
    I didn't have it for my original playthrough and to be honest I don't notice much of a difference so far this time. But there's a few extra mission type things that'll be nice when I get to them, and the path tracking thing on the map is very handy.

€13. A steal. Had to get them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

€13. A steal. Had to get them

I got it as well, was shocked when I saw the normal price was 20, thought it was normally 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I spoke to one in Hateno and she roobed a heart off me.
    Luckily I had just started that session so reloaded to undo it.

That's not lucky. Talking to the statue twice completes the side quest.

First time she takes the heart. Next time you speak to her she offers you to buy back either the heart or stamina instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got the DLC after not playing since June 2017 but fear I may have waited too long. Can't get my head around the controls again at all!

Got the DLC after not playing since June 2017 but fear I may have waited too long. Can't get my head around the controls again at all!

The guy in Kakariko will teach you the fighting move basics if you’re stuck for that? He’s by the little cooking spot by the big house

Ot sorry. But I’m confused. Beating a Zelda game in 17 minutes really defeats the point no?

https://kotaku.com/two-year-effort-to-beat-ocarina-of-time-in-under-17-min-1836383250/amp

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ot sorry. But I’m confused. Beating a Zelda game in 17 minutes really defeats the point no?

https://kotaku.com/two-year-effort-to-beat-ocarina-of-time-in-under-17-min-1836383250/amp

Well people take speedrunning as a challenge, and they'd have played through the game so many times to learn the little quirks and the glitches that can be exploited to make a faster run

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Surely be to god you would too underpowered to finish it in 17 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. You beat Ganon with a stick. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nope. You beat Ganon with a stick. :)

:eek:

That’s mad altogether.
    I’ve finished many Zelda games and always enjoyed them. I wouldn’t have a need to do a speed through. But to each their own.

How do they find these glitches and flaws? Fair play to them for patience. Sounds like a lot of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Speedrunning is a mad community online, some of the speed runs are insane. The Goldeneye speedruns for 'Runway Agent' are worth watching. I say this as someone who has no interest in speedrunning when playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well so ends the Champions Ballad. Think tomorrow will just do some of the other sidequests in the dlc.

It's funny when you think after all the hours spent passing the game, that you've seen everything, then you look at the Hero's Path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

If ye saw the recored for being ocarina of time speedruning ye would be shocked :3

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If ye saw the recored for being ocarina of time speedruning ye would be shocked :3

That's what the link above was about, OoT being beat in under 17 minutes!

Losing my mind.

Tryna do that rollercoaster with the bombs. Grrrr aaaaargh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Star Lord wrote: »
    That's what the link above was about, OoT being beat in under 17 minutes!

Oops my bad.

I have the Master Sword! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Losing my mind.

Tryna do that rollercoaster with the bombs. Grrrr aaaaargh
    The bombs should be detonated in the little cage inside the cart, not lying on the ground outside it, took me an embarrassing amount of time before I realised that.

No fear of guardians now.
    Pick a good spot to hide and elemental arrow them and bomb them to bits then go in with the master sword for the killing blow.

We’re getting somewhere at last :)

I hated the completely open non linear aspect of the this at first and for a while.
    Now I love it. You can go anywhere and stock up and prepare and equip yourself before you take the next thing on and get given quests and side quests along the way.

I’m loving this :)

And I just did my first kill with the shield deflect :)
    Woohoo!!

• Advertisement

Hylian shield!!
    Today rocks!!

Advertisement