Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hylian shield!!
    Today rocks!!

I think you might be my inner child! Come : suckle!
    (Wait that sounds weird. Just keep the updates coming so I can vicariously relive 2017 through you. DJ! Play home by the sea by genesis!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’m stuck on a dungeon with loads of assassins.

It’s a bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Bananas!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Bananas!

I couldn’t do it. Got a little further each time but kept getting caught and hacked to death. Repeatedly. Gonna try it again but wily load of stealth elixirs. And hope for the best.

I bought the two DLC packs.
    How do I get all the extra shrines to open up or appear does anyone know?
    Or are they in there and I just havent found any yet?

I couldn’t do it. Got a little further each time but kept getting caught and hacked to death. Repeatedly. Gonna try it again but wily load of stealth elixirs. And hope for the best.

Trial of the Sword: return to the Deku Tree.

Other costumes/etc...: should show up as additional quests, follow the clues they leave for you. "EX Ancient Mask" one is highly recommended, as is "EX Ancient Horse".

Not sure at which point "EX The Champions Ballad" presents itself, but worth checking your quests, to make sure it wasn't overlooked in a flood of notifications once you had the DLC. If it doesn't show up, try save, quit and start again. It's first part has you return to where you started the game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Extra shrines with the The Champions Ballad DLC only become available after you have done all 4 Divine Beasts.

And the bit you’re stuck in is one of the bits of the game I found hardest too. As suggested, use the irresistibly of bananas to your advantage and stay high up where you can!

Extra shrines with the The Champions Ballad DLC only become available after you have done all 4 Divine Beasts.

And the bit you’re stuck in is one of the bits of the game I found hardest too. As suggested, use the irresistibly of bananas to your advantage and stay high up where you can!

That makes sense thank you.
    I had done shrines over all the regions and no lie had to cheat and look online and I’m still none the wiser about ones I’m missing. And that’s even without the DLC shrines so it’s brilliant they’re locked until I’ve done the beasts.

I have two done. I can’t remember where the other two even are haha

This game is so vast is mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Have you bought the Sheika armour set? It's stealthy and has a nice night-time bonus.

If you have the stealth gear on, you can take an "attack" elixer, arm a strong weapon and sneak-strike those feckers.

Have you bought the Sheika armour set? It's stealthy and has a nice night-time bonus.

If you have the stealth gear on, you can take an "attack" elixer, arm a strong weapon and sneak-strike those feckers.

I haven’t got that armour!!
    Not even sure where to get it haha!
    I got past them in the end.
    It was all about the bananas :)

I haven’t got that armour!!
    Not even sure where to get it haha!
    I got past them in the end.
    It was all about the bananas :)

The clothing shop in Kakariko village, on the left at the bottom of the hill.

• Advertisement

The clothing shop in Kakariko village, on the left at the bottom of the hill.

She still only hs the hylian gear in there.
    I must not have unlocked or progressed enough yet

She still only hs the hylian gear in there.
    I must not have unlocked or progressed enough yet

That stuff is on the right, the Sheikah stuff is on the left!

The sheika armour is well worth it. It's stealthy so while it doesn't offer the same protection as some other types, it allows you to sneak up on and sneak around enemies. Also when it's upgraded a bit, it gives a night-time speed-up which is handy. It's what I used most of the time unless I was farming lynels and guardians and for those I would switch to the soldier armour. There's no benefit to using stealth for those anyway since you can't sneak up on them.

The sheika armour is well worth it. It's stealthy so while it doesn't offer the same protection as some other types, it allows you to sneak up on and sneak around enemies. Also when it's upgraded a bit, it gives a night-time speed-up which is handy. It's what I used most of the time unless I was farming lynels and guardians and for those I would switch to the soldier armour. There's no benefit to using stealth for those anyway since you can't sneak up on them.

I’ve only learned to farm guardians. I think it’ll be a good while before I even go near a lynel:) terrifying bastards

Oh I didn’t know that was called sheika armour!!
    I was just calling it the stealth armour! Have it a good while now :)

Just used the glider to land on a stage back:)

Can it be done on a Lynel? Just took one of them white ones out earlier it was worth it.

Oh I didn’t know that was called sheika armour!!
    I was just calling it the stealth armour! Have it a good while now :)

Just used the glider to land on a stage back:)

Can it be done on a Lynel? Just took one of them white ones out earlier it was worth it.

I don't think so. You need to stun with an arrow to the face and then mount them and whack them 5 times with the strongest weapon you have. If they set the ground on fire, use it to fly since it's easier to aim from above. Aim for the chin, mount and smash him 5 times. Their bows are worth it, especially for taking down more lynels.

I don't think so. You need to stun with an arrow to the face and then mount them and whack them 5 times with the strongest weapon you have. If they set the ground on fire, use it to fly since it's easier to aim from above. Aim for the chin, mount and smash him 5 times. Their bows are worth it, especially for taking down more lynels.

Deadly thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Man, reading all this makes me wish I could forget I ever played this, and come in fresh again.

chrislad wrote: »
    Man, reading all this makes me wish I could forget I ever played this, and come in fresh again.

I’m sorry for the almost daily diary on it.
    Folks have been mad helpful though thanks one and all.

As I've said to others, if you've not played it in a while, and if you have the DLC, try Master Mode. It's so much harder, and makes the game a huge challenge again! You'll go from beating Lynels without much effort to having your head kicked in by a couple of Bokoblins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly you'll be surprised by what you actually have forgotten. I played it and finished it at launch and am now going through it again and it still feels fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

As I've said to others, if you've not played it in a while, and if you have the DLC, try Master Mode. It's so much harder, and makes the game a huge challenge again! You'll go from beating Lynels without much effort to having your head kicked in by a couple of Bokoblins!

I can attest to this. I'm 2 shrines in on the Plateau (I took a break while I was on holiday, don't judge me!) and it's amazing how good it feels that first time you actually beat a Bokoblin hand to hand, or take out a bunch of them with frantic bomb drops and box-a-kinesis and dropping them off cliffs after hours of creeping around. Just remember that those night-time terrors are 2-shot-able in Master Mode, and they drop both a weapon and their own arm, so hide by day, farm by night until you have enough weapons to be able to travel a tiny bit more openly.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY DOING ON THE LOVELY SAFE PLATEAU???? You know who I mean. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I'm buying a Switch later this week, mainly just to play this game! I haven't owned a console since the Gamecube, and haven't played a Zelda game since WW. Can't wait to play this game!

I’m desperate at finding koroks seeds. Gonna have to run all over the world again to find them. Uuugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I’m desperate at finding koroks seeds. Gonna have to run all over the world again to find them. Uuugh
    One of the things added in the DLC was a mask to help you find them. Haven't used it myself (didn't have DLC during first playthrough) but it might be useful.

xckjoo wrote: »
    One of the things added in the DLC was a mask to help you find them. Haven't used it myself (didn't have DLC during first playthrough) but it might be useful.

Oh really?
    Might have to google that. Does it let you see them in the distance or something?
    Sounds like something I need for deffo

Oh really?
    Might have to google that. Does it let you see them in the distance or something?
    Sounds like something I need for deffo

Just looked it up and it says it shakes and lights up when you're near one and there's a pinwheel that points in the right direction. It's located in
    a chest in the Lost Woods where you found the Master Sword

Just looked it up and it says it shakes and lights up when you're near one and there's a pinwheel that points in the right direction. It's located in
    a chest in the Lost Woods where you found the Master Sword

Brillo thank you! Just saw it.
    I have a cheapo wiired controller no vibrate capability.
    Might have to fork out for a proper one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... and there's a pinwheel that points in the right direction...
    Wait... what?!

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Wait... what?!
    I've only read about it online because I finished it before the DLC came out. Haven't actually got the mask yet so might not be accurate. Figured I'd do the googling since I'm not worried about coming across spoilers :pac:

Advertisement