Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That mask is ONLY for mopping them up AFTER you've played the game to death. One of the great joys of the game is seeing something on the ground that looks out of place, or that looks so perfectly placed that you know they wanted you to see it, and thinking "I wonder...."

Getting the golden poo for finding them all is, of course, one of the highlights of any Zelda players' life but don't take away the trickle of little endorphin rushes that finding them naturally gives you!

If you can stand on a hill in Hyrule, look all around you and *not* spot something in the distance that makes you think there might be a Korok there, what you need is not a mask. It's a niece or nephew to say "Go climb those two trees!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

On that, I love the way the landscape often directs you. Once you figure it out you can see it’s not subtle at all but you always have to keep the eyes open.
    Problem with that is everything is gorgeous to look at so you can easily miss stuff too

So the wired controller I’m using went funny and occsseionally makes link turn left or if I leave him standing the ‘camera’ just turns left around the landscape.
    Not all the time but during fights especially.

Brought it into Smyths with the receipt to get a replacement cos I only got it a month ago. Guy tested it on their witch and of course it didn’t happen when he used it so they refused to change it.

That’s annoying. Avoid Smyths I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Check does it still happen if you use the joy cons - I've never checked but if you're docked the joycons on the switch and the 1st external controller may both be seen as Controller 1, and they might not be disabled because there's no need - sure it's docked, who's going to touch the buttons? - so you might actually have a Joycon Drift issue rather than a problem with the controller you're using.
    And if you got the Joycons in Smyths less than a year ago, bring the whole unit in.

Banjo wrote: »
    Check does it still happen if you use the joy cons - I've never checked but if you're docked the joycons on the switch and the 1st external controller may both be seen as Controller 1, and they might not be disabled because there's no need - sure it's docked, who's going to touch the buttons? - so you might actually have a Joycon Drift issue rather than a problem with the controller you're using.
    And if you got the Joycons in Smyths less than a year ago, bring the whole unit in.

I’ll do that thank you.

I’ve had to use the cons and the (crap) plastic yoke that comes with to make a holder for some shrines.
    I just couldn’t get used to them but that sounds like a solution so I’ll give that a go.
    Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not a good idea to be playing through this and Assassin's Creed Oddyssey at the same time. I've literally just jumped off a mountain in Oddyssey and went to use my Zelda glider just before falling to my death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Banjo wrote: »
    Spotted this the last day. You might not need to be in warranty anymore
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/07/report-nintendo-quietly-owns-up-to-joy-con-drift-will-repair-for-free/

Not a good idea to be playing through this and Assassin's Creed Oddyssey at the same time. I've literally just jumped off a mountain in Oddyssey and went to use my Zelda glider just before falling to my death.

That’s actually amazing. You’re hardcore.
    Your mind is clearly elsewhere where it should be.
    Get back to hyrule :)

chrislad wrote: »
    Man, reading all this makes me wish I could forget I ever played this, and come in fresh again.

Just started this last week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice! Enjoy!!!
    Don't think I've ever had a game that encouraged/inspired such a sense of the joy of exploration before!

Rather than 'Just one more go..." type gaming, it's "I'll just see what's over there before I finish up...

latest?cb=20100822163352

"Oops..."

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Just started this last week :)

Same. It's absolutely wonderful.
    I'm not usually a fan of open world games, but this is just so much fun to explore. It's equal parts calming, challenging, funny (Shakala dancing with maracas and koroks in general are just endearingly hilarious) and exciting.

Hyrule is just gorgeously rendered, the level of detail and little things to discover (uncovering critters by cutting long grass) is mind-blowing.

That it doesn't hold your hand too much is great as well, you gotta figure things out for yourself. And it's not afraid to hand you your ass...I'm running away the minute I see a lynel, I'm nowhere near good enough with combat yet to survive against one.

And most of the music is fantastic... Have had the shrine music stuck in my head all day.

Brilliant :)

I let the music when I’m cooking play all the way every time. Link doing a goofy little dance and humming along is gold:)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Nearly spoilt every other game for me. A game changer.

I start different game and immediatly think "Why can't I climb up this hill?" because it's not allowed.......

Tempted to start again from scratch

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The advice I give is to focus on upping your stamina when you get orbs instead of health for the first while. Stamina helps you explore much much easier as you can climb higher cliffs and sprint for much longer. If your focus is on exploration you won't need the additional health and health can be got if needed from cooking the right ingredients to exceed the max health.

She's a slow burner but you'll get lost in it and have 100 hours done in a blink.

I gave this advice to Stop Moaning FFS on 23rd June and I started a new game from scratch the following day because I was jealous of his fresh spin with it.

I've full stamina, most hearts, all divine beasts and a town built since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Wikidy wrote: »

I start different game and immediatly think "Why can't I climb up this hill?" because it's not allowed.......

Tempted to start again from scratch
    I did and am loving it. First game I'm replaying in years. Thought I'd get a bit bored since I know what's going on, but following a different path this time and I think I forgot the depth of the game. I'm thinking of bashing out the Diving Beasts early and then doing more exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Wikidy wrote: »

This is too real. It's the most well-executed and innovative thing in the game. It worked so well.

Three divine beasts done.
    115 temples. I can’t effing find the others.
    Loads of rambling around for finds.
    Having a ball :)

Is there supposed to be an order to the divine beasts? About to do the Gerudo one after I skipped Death Mountain due to not being equipped for the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

there is no order to the game, just play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Corrupted my save file uggghh it's gonna be a long time until I'm back to where I was at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Is there supposed to be an order to the divine beasts? About to do the Gerudo one after I skipped Death Mountain due to not being equipped for the heat.

You are sort-of shepherded to the Zora Divine Beast first and the Death Mountain one is within a lot of tough enemies and over a mountain range that I've heard it called the last one but there's no real shape to it. I like to make a bee-line to the Rito one first for the ability the Divine Beast gives you.

There is a stable near the base of Death Mountain that is the lead in to climbing it as a person there will give you a hint and a... product to help you make it.

There’s no order but there’s definitely abilities and items that make certain things much less difficult if you have them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There’s no order but there’s definitely abilities and items that make certain things much less difficult if you have them I think.

Very true, and I think that's why there's more of a gentle steer towards Vah Ruta as the first divine beast, as that's one of the most helpful ones for beginners, whereas Vah Medoh is the most helpful for exploration.

I found the eagle one far more difficult than the elephant and camel.
    Sadly I did the eagle first it took ages but got it done

The maps for inside the beasts are so effin frustrating

I found the eagle one far more difficult than the elephant and camel.
    Sadly I did the eagle first it took ages but got it done

The maps for inside the beasts are so effin frustrating

I quite like the dungeons inside the beasts. Really takes some lateral thinking at times. Some of the best puzzles in any zelda game.

I've done the elephant and the camel just last night

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I found the camel the toughest puzzle/traversal wise. Boss probably the most difficult too cos of the lightning element making me drop me stuff. Was poorly prepared tho. Elixirs and meals are the difference in boss battles.

There’s no right way to do it but I just kept gathering food and monster bits and cooking and selling the food and elixers to shops. Made loads of money that allowed me to get all the clothes and armour I could find.
    The rubber suit was tricky but definitely worth tracking down and upgrading with the fairies for tasks like the camel boss

I found the camel the toughest puzzle/traversal wise. Boss probably the most difficult too cos of the lightning element making me drop me stuff. Was poorly prepared tho. Elixirs and meals are the difference in boss battles.

Yeah I managed to solve some it by chance. I was twisting the barrel trying to get to a specific spot when I happened to line up all the powerlines. Wasn't even trying to do that yet. That fight was a step up too. I had maxed out my cooked food inventory and used up half of it in that fight.

You can’t cook they chickens running around kakariko village. And I think that’s a damn shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You can attack them though then they go crazy and flock you up real bad. ;)

Advertisement