Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Lads. Need your help.

I just completed that last beast. Now I have Zelda telling me to go to the resurrection shrine to hand over me sheika slate.
    No way am I dong that.

Any advice welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did you select the Champions Ballad?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did you select the Champions Ballad?

I bought both the DLCs but haven’t done any of the quests yet. Not knowingly anyways. *except did try the sword trial thing where you’ve no weapons or gear and have to progress through different fights using what’s available in the room. . Failed badly at that so left it.
    Bit confused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I bought both the DLCs but haven’t done any of the quests yet. Not knowingly anyways. *except did try the sword trial thing where you’ve no weapons or gear and have to progress through different fights using what’s available in the room. . Failed badly at that so left it.
    Bit confused

I believe that's the start of the dlc shrines but haven't got there myself yet so can't say for definite. Someone else will probably clarify soon enough.
    You can still do other things can't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Lads. Need your help.

I just completed that last beast. Now I have Zelda telling me to go to the resurrection shrine to hand over me sheika slate.
    No way am I dong that.

Any advice welcome

Yeah it’s the start of the champions ballad.

Go to the shrine of resurrection now, a new adventure awaits. Enjoy! :P

• Advertisement

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Yeah it’s the start of the champions ballad.

Go to the shrine of resurrection now, a new adventure awaits. Enjoy! :P

That’s encouraging. I won’t lose my slate and map though will I?

That’s encouraging. I won’t lose my slate and map though will I?

No you won’t don’t worry, go for it! :D

Ah deadly thank you!

Spent the last two sessions hunting Korok seeds.
    Read online that you need 441 to get all the slots.
    Yeah that’s not true. Greedy bastard wants 55 nuts for a sword slot now.
    Grrr aaarrrgh haha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, that return to the Shrine of Resurrection is the start of The Champions Ballad. Comes up now as you've done all 4 divine beasts. It's challenging, but very interesting and a bit different! Enjoy!

I’ve just gotten used to this one! I wanna run around and explore stuff before I go near it!

Playing this game too much. In the Phoenix Park and I stopped for longer than is reasonable wondering ‘is that a fvckin guardian??’
    Open the pic

• Advertisement

I’ve just gotten used to this one! I wanna run around and explore stuff before I go near it!

Playing this game too much. In the Phoenix Park and I stopped for longer than is reasonable wondering ‘is that a fvckin guardian??’
    Open the pic

That’s brilliant :pac:

It’s been awhile since I played the DLC, I was only talking about it yesterday. Going to get it out tonight and do all the little bits I have left over.

It’s one of those games you can come back to again and again and still find more magic hiding somewhere!

LadySkunk wrote: »
    That’s brilliant :pac:

It’s been awhile since I played the DLC, I was only talking about it yesterday. Going to get it out tonight and do all the little bits I have left over.

It’s one of those games you can come back to again and again and still find more magic hiding somewhere!

And we have a sequel coming. That’s just mad to me.

Been wondering as I run around how do they design this? It has to be loads of different teams all given little tasks and ideas to install. Then you look at how much stuff is in there and you have to ask how many people and how long did this take?

How far away are we from a VR Zelda game?

You could get really fit while having the best time :)

120 shrines!! Woohoo!!

Couldn’t find the last two at all.

Then found one hiding under a bent over cliff and had to swim (and die) through some cold water.

Last one was so much fun took a while. Rolling a snowball down a hill to open a big door.
    Delighted I found them :)
    Next up! DLC!

I think in order of difficulty it's Elephant, Lizard, Eagle, Camel easy to hard.

Certainly the way I found it if only for the camel boss fight.

Hmmm. I disagree. I found the Camel to be the easiest. When I got to the camel, I was planning on stopping playing but kept going up until I hit a roadblock. I never did. I just kept progressing rather easily. Even at the boss, I was thinking I'd fight him once, lose, head out and get some things done. But then I beat the boss on my first attempt :pac:

Ok the champions ballad is a pain in the unmentionables.

I’ve made it to the second shrine after hours and hours of constantly dying.
    Will I lose my place if I leave and go do something else for a while?
    Or will I have to start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ok the champions ballad is a pain in the unmentionables.

I’ve made it to the second shrine after hours and hours of constantly dying.
    Will I lose my place if I leave and go do something else for a while?
    Or will I have to start again?
    Depends on what bit you're talking about... The first bit with the single weapon, I think that's a do it in one bit... But I could be wrong!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

No you can come and go. But you have to go back to the shrine of resurrection to retrieve that trident thing each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I jumped back in tonight and can't remember what the hell I was doing :pac:

No you can come and go. But you have to go back to the shrine of resurrection to retrieve that trident thing each time.

Brillo thank you. I went off.

Went farming Lynels. Ok I killed three. Not like a hundred.
    And went looking for Star parts and found two mad helmets accidentally instead.

Thanks folks.

It doesn’t stop giving this one. Even if it’s mostly confusion to begin with.

Master sword trial just uuggghhhhh

Got almost to the end of the first set and nope. Blue lizards took me out.

Off we go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Master sword trial just uuggghhhhh

Got almost to the end of the first set and nope. Blue lizards took me out.

Off we go again.
    got to the end of the middle one three times before finally getting past it. was ready to explode with rage!

shanec1928 wrote: »
    got to the end of the middle one three times before finally getting past it. was ready to explode with rage!

I feel your pain.
    I’ve watched a few YouTube videos claiming easiest way to solve the particular one I keep dying at. Nope. They’re all getting their heads kicked in too but do manage to make it through.

Fair play to you getting that far though. Did you manage to complete it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Trying to light Robbies blue flame getting destroyed by Moblins since 7pm last night damn lightning storm 7/10 times I turn on my switch I need weather manipulation songs again. Am about halfway down the trail now so gonna keep at it in near threw my switch at the wall a few minutes ago.

Trying to light Robbies blue flame getting destroyed by Moblins since 7pm last night damn lightning storm 7/10 times I turn on my switch I need weather manipulation songs again. Am about halfway down the trail now so gonna keep at it in near threw my switch at the wall a few minutes ago.

Go for a sleep in the nearby stable and hope the weather changes next day. Worked for me.*one of the rAre occurrences I actually used a horse. Good to have one for that run from the stable to the lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Go for a sleep in the nearby stable and hope the weather changes next day. Worked for me.*one of the rAre occurrences I actually used a horse. Good to have one for that run from the stable to the lab.

Is this where you bring a blue flame from the town up a hill to a lab?

I think I just lit the first pole and then fired arrows through the blue flame to the next pole. If the distance was to far I lit the torch and carried the flame to the next pole.

Edit: yep just looked it up. Use a mixture of arrows and the torch and it's easy enough.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is this where you bring a blue flame from the town up a hill to a lab?

I think I just lit the first pole and then fired arrows through the blue flame to the next pole. If the distance was to far I lit the torch and carried the flame to the next pole.

That’s the one yeah.

Never thought of the arrows. Good call. You Can move with one lit too. Good call.

First time I did that, I didn't realise you could light the torches along the way. I was trying to get the whole way up with one lit torch.

Just gonna hang around until the chap finds the Forest that’s in complete darkness. THAT was brilliant terrifying and tricky. Took me ages to realise there were torches waiting to be lit to light the way. Stumbled round in there in total darkness for longer than I care to remember :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I never knew there were torches in there!

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I never knew there were torches in there!

There’s only one torch!! Outside before you go in, I should have said lamps that you can light. They’re in there. And eff me if I didn’t know for hours either. Discovered it by lighting one accidentally

Advertisement