Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I managed to complete all three trials.

If you're finding yourself getting particularly stuck on some part, try searching Youtube for no-damage runs, and while it's very difficult to manage that, they can teach you some tricks that will help you get through the trials a little easier!

And make sure you've upgraded your bomb runes!

Here's an example of the Trial of the Sword beginning trials (in Master Mode!!!) with no damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I feel your pain.
    I’ve watched a few YouTube videos claiming easiest way to solve the particular one I keep dying at. Nope. They’re all getting their heads kicked in too but do manage to make it through.

Fair play to you getting that far though. Did you manage to complete it?
    nah have taking one run at the final one and got through five or six of them before giving up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Star Lord wrote: »
    I managed to complete all three trials.

If you're finding yourself getting particularly stuck on some part, try searching Youtube for no-damage runs, and while it's very difficult to manage that, they can teach you some tricks that will help you get through the trials a little easier!

And make sure you've upgraded your bomb runes!

Here's an example of the Trial of the Sword beginning trials (in Master Mode!!!) with no damage!

The master sword trial...in master mode...is that even possible??
    You’d be slaughtered!!
    I’ll watch this thanks man!

shanec1928 wrote: »
    nah have taking one run at the final one and got through five or six of them before giving up.

It’s such a pisser you can’t save after each one. Having to start from the start is so cruel.

I guess the point is to make you better and better

But still.

OSI wrote: »
    You can play Breath of the Wild in VR using the new Labo kit. However by all accounts I've read, it's sucks Lynel balls.

I saw an ad for that.

I’ll wait for the head set/set up from Nintendo official release with the game built and designed to work in it before I’ll go near it.

• Advertisement

The master sword trial...in master mode...is that even possible??
    You’d be slaughtered!!
    I’ll watch this thanks man!

Don't forget when you're trying it that while you can't take in any food or weapons, if you use a food booster before going it, that carries through, so make the most of that!

Don't forget when you're trying it that while you can't take in any food or weapons, if you use a food booster before going it, that carries through, so make the most of that!

I’m all over that thanks a million!

All sorts of sidetracked now. Hunting honey to go with dragon bits to upgrade some set.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I did it finally Ancient Arrows here I come. This game is evil

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

VR BOTW a sure fire way to seizure city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

All sorts of sidetracked now. Hunting honey to go with dragon bits to upgrade some set.

The forest east of the Duelling Peaks has a good amount of hives. The one behind the big wall, looks like a battlefield.

I did it finally Ancient Arrows here I come. This game is evil

It’s trult evil. But when you figure it out the thing it’s fup yeah!!

Rhyme wrote: »
    The forest east of the Duelling Peaks has a good amount of hives. The one behind the big wall, looks like a battlefield.

Thanks!! I’m one short and using that thing that shows you where you have / haven’t been and there’s so many places I haven’t even gone near. I’ll go now thanks!

*one of the best things about being on a run around looking for koroks or whatever is picking up all the food supplies along the way.
    Just got attacked by one of those Yiga(?) big sword guys that appear randomly. The swords they have are mad handy to keep on you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It’s trult evil. But when you figure it out the thing it’s fup yeah!!

What in particular are ye talking about here?

keane2097 wrote: »
    What in particular are ye talking about here?

All of it. The endless doing the same shrine or the master sword trial. All of it.
    It’s so frustrating. But when you figure it out at last it’s a brilliant feeling.

Cannot do that stop start shrine. Screaming at the tele. I’ll get it eventually.

After something like 80 attempts I finally just passed the stop and start shrine.
    That was an absolute bastard to do. I’ve finished previous Zelda games in the amount of time I’ve spent on this one.

So that’s the great plateau trials done. Now four more more. Will this suffering ever end??

*please don’t end suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ok the champions ballad is a pain in the unmentionables.

I’ve made it to the second shrine after hours and hours of constantly dying.
    Will I lose my place if I leave and go do something else for a while?
    Or will I have to start again?

Decided to try this today and found it easy enough once I got the rhythm. Thought I'd share a few pointers.
    Divide and conquer. Try and pick off enemies without drawing the whole lot on yourself. This is going to take loads of arrows so stock up. Bows too. Think I went through 3 of them. Bomb arrows are particularly useful. If you need rupees for buying them there's an easy enough method of farming rupees I can share. I suggest waiting until end game before doing this though as it'll take some of the challenge out of the game.
    Stasis+ is your friend. Takes the risk out of one on one fights and sneaking up on the bigger enemies. And don't be afraid to run away. Did lots of that.

Edit: just noticed you finished these. Might be of use to someone else :D

xckjoo wrote: »
    Decided to try this today and found it easy enough once I got the rhythm. Thought I'd share a few pointers.
    Divide and conquer. Try and pick off enemies without drawing the whole lot on yourself. This is going to take loads of arrows so stock up. Bows too. Think I went through 3 of them. Bomb arrows are particularly useful. If you need rupees for buying them there's an easy enough method of farming rupees I can share. I suggest waiting until end game before doing this though as it'll take some of the challenge out of the game.
    Stasis+ is your friend. Takes the risk out of one on one fights and sneaking up on the bigger enemies. And don't be afraid to run away. Did lots of that.

Edit: just noticed you finished these. Might be of use to someone else :D

All good I wish I’d known all that before I started thank you!

Go do the master sword trial and come back will you?
    Need all the help on that one

I haven't even been brave enough to try that yet :D

• Advertisement

That video I had shared is a very good strategy guide for it, really worth a watch. (just be wary of spoiling parts for yourself, if you'd rather not know what's coming!)

That video I had shared is a very good strategy guide for it, really worth a watch. (just be wary of spoiling parts for yourself, if you'd rather not know what's coming!)

Deffo will. Thanks!

I got the effin m*******e

Ok. I finally got past those bastards. Now at the final level of the beginners trial of the master sword trials. It’s a Hinox. I might just leave this on pause and come back to it. Going through these trials is a soul destroying horrible experience.
    And this is only stage one.
    Hafta take a swing at it though.

Cleared the beginner stage of the trials of the master sword :)
    If that’s only stage one, I can’t even imagine what the next two are like.
    Feels great to get it done after I don’t know how many failed attempts

So I’m finished.
    Did all the divine beasts then Last night thought I was being a cute hoor farming guardians and stepped into a room and suddenly it was Ganon.
    He was disappointingly easy to beat. I’ve done all the side quests apart from a few stupid ones.

Really sad. Weird anti climactic ending in a way. Running around randomly now. No purpose. Art reflects life I guess.

I’ll probably sell this now. Only bought the system to play this.
    It was brilliant though. Thanks all of you for your help and tips and encouragement.

*did manage to get into the middle trials of the master sword and yeah got slaughtered and it feels pointless now. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/princess-zelda-enhanced-wireless-controller-for-nintendo-switch/p/174435

Anyone tried this controller for BOTW. seems a bargain compared to the pro controller, not to pushed on the rumble as the shrine sound is good enough but the amibo is handy as I have a pack of cards I can use.

So I’m finished.
    Did all the divine beasts then Last night thought I was being a cute hoor farming guardians and stepped into a room and suddenly it was Ganon.
    He was disappointingly easy to beat. I’ve done all the side quests apart from a few stupid ones.

Really sad. Weird anti climactic ending in a way. Running around randomly now. No purpose. Art reflects life I guess.

I’ll probably sell this now. Only bought the system to play this.
    It was brilliant though. Thanks all of you for your help and tips and encouragement.

*did manage to get into the middle trials of the master sword and yeah got slaughtered and it feels pointless now. Ah well.
    There's a remake of Links Awakening coming out soon. Might be worth looking at before selling the Switch. Won't be as epic as BotW, but it's a great game if memory serves. And the steelbook edition is very tempting :pac:
    https://nintendosoup.com/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-steelbook-edition-up-for-pre-order-on-nintendosoup-store/

xckjoo wrote: »
    There's a remake of Links Awakening coming out soon. Might be worth looking at before selling the Switch. Won't be as epic as BotW, but it's a great game if memory serves. And the steelbook edition is very tempting :pac:
    https://nintendosoup.com/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-steelbook-edition-up-for-pre-order-on-nintendosoup-store/

Forgot about that and the BOTW sequel. Might be worth hanging onto so :)

• Advertisement

Forgot about that and the BOTW sequel. Might be worth hanging onto so :)
    I don't even have a Switch (yet) but seriously considering getting that steelbook edition :D

Advertisement