Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I’m finished.

So outta curiosity, what's your total playtime?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So outta curiosity, what's your total playtime?

I don’t know? Is there away to find that out in settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I broke into the castle I'm fighting windblight ganon haven't even done any of the beasts and am still on 3 hearts have done 2 upgrades to stamina wheel, only reason I'm in the castle is my ancient arrows, I love this game so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭nedd

I don’t know? Is there away to find that out in settings?

You can’t see it in the game. If you go to settings on the Switch itself you can see how much time you have played each game. Strange way to do it but thats what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have you considered Master Mode? ;)

• Advertisement

nedd wrote: »
    You can’t see it in the game. If you go to settings on the Switch itself you can see how much time you have played each game. Strange way to do it but thats what we have.

I’ll have a look thanks!
    Found out I didn’t track down goat man transport? It’s hidden somewhere?
    Intriguing.

Starlord- I couldn’t even do the middle sword trials not going anywhere near master mode 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 17,382 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

New Movement Tech in Breath of The Wild! Bomb Impact Launches

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p2eQR96IISk

Though it seems initially tricky to perform, this will prove very useful, especially for speed runs.

Came across this possible explanation as well for one of the islands. I wondered too what this place was all about and tried different things.

The Mystery of Mekar Island (Breath of the Wild)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UoivRFA9n3U

Just finished Ganon. There's one area of the map I've yet to discover. I reckon I'll go there and leave the game. It's a huge rarity for me to actually see out a game to the end these days. Most enjoyable altogether.

I was missing the gerudo tower. It didn't reveal much.

Am I missing something with the end game? Is there anything to do that actually requires decent gear?

Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't have been losing half my health with every hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Am I missing something with the end game? Is there anything to do that actually requires decent gear?

Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't have been losing half my health with every hit.

This game is all about the journey. So, you can complete the main game easily enough. But then there is loads of other game content. Try getting most of the shrines for a start. Try eventide island. Try killing some Lynels. Try getting all the lost memories for a better ending. Then the DLC has loads more content and even a master mode. I rushed to the end on Wii u, regretted that and replayed on switch and took my time. Fantastic game.

I'd love more Eventide Island like content and moments in the sequel. That was great fun.

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd love more Eventide Island like content and moments in the sequel. That was great fun.

Yup, it's like a microcosm of the main game. Hope that's not a spoiler!

Think I've about 13 more shrines to do.

Fair enough. I've lost the drive to explore now that I've finished it. Got 60 shrines.

I did do Eventide in my exploring

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One thing I would like in the sequel is crafting. Like nothing too extreme, but the ability to craft arrows. They were so scarce that I was afraid to use any unless absolutely necessary

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One thing I would like in the sequel is crafting. Like nothing too extreme, but the ability to craft arrows. They were so scarce that I was afraid to use any unless absolutely necessary

You could farm arrows. The best way I found was to find a bunch of Bokoblins on horseback, near an area with shallow groundwater. Use Cryonis to build a sort of 3 sided pyramid wall around you, leaving gaps to get through between each pillar, then run around, weaving in and out of the construction, gathering the fallen arrows on the outside as you do so.

The bomb arrows were the hardest to come by. I remember seeing a video using a trick in a storm in a particular area that let you amass them, but Nintendo patched out that glitch.

This was the area for bomb arrows.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpX3955QKtQ

I heard it was patched. Don't know if it's true, I never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Why not just buy them ?

Beauty of this game is there’s infinite ways to do it.
    Personally being stuck in a regular LOZ mindset I spent the whole time building up hearts and stamina and alternating. I saw the whole world and all the shrines that way. Worked a charm for me and my experience. Everything else was a bonus.

• Advertisement

Link's house from Breath of the Wild created using LEGO. Hugely impressive.

Ha, got the builder just right. :)

Really wonder how the sequel will turn out.

I'd say the team have their tails up, the engine is done, so they can focus on design and gameplay. It's going to be magnificent. :)

I hated that builder. I sent him to the new town getting built and never let him return. I didn't want him loitering outside my home every time I returned from a perilous journey. :D

They were all very honest in that village. My Hylian shield and best weapons all hanging on the wall inside and the doors unlocked. :)

Reminds me, still need to do that build tarry town side quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭nedd

Wait, Link has a house in BotW?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

nedd wrote: »
    Wait, Link has a house in BotW?
    Ya

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The house was an add on in one of the DLCs was it? Or was it a side quest I missed?

Is it part of the Tarry Town side quest? I didn't do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Costs 3k and 30 wood to buy IIRC

Advertisement