Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Inviere wrote: »
    No Wiimotes? If I had Switch controllers lying around Id probably have a Switch to go with them :D

Actually its so easy to hack the Wii and the Wii U I really must get around to grabbing them both soon, prices must be on the floor by now and theres a few games I want to play on both.

Then again the emulator performance on a decent pc made it the ideal place to play BotW, have a look at the comparison videos on Youtube, the Wii U version looks grim next to CEMU, the Switch not much better and the loading times look ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

Thargor wrote: »
    If I had Switch controllers lying around Id probably have a Switch to go with them :D

I've a Switch sitting here, and an amazing little console it is - but given a side by side experience against Cemu there's really no comparison. The game looks and plays a whole lot better when emulated (even more so with Switch controllers, or better yet a Switch Pro controller), as weird as that sounds for a current console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

How much for a PC setup to run CEMU well - e.g. BOTW at 60 FPS ?

nintendoo wrote: »

I ran it on 8gb of ram, nvidia gtx 970, i7-4790K; pretty average to poor PC by todays standards.

I didn't get a solid 60fps but it was playable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

A fair bit more than a Switch anyway. It's never a good idea to build/get a PC for just one game, so my advice is don't. The PC I use for emulation is used for many other functions too, so the cost becomes spread over over those different roles.

BotW on Switch is perfectly playable, and is how the majority of us first experienced the game. All the PC does in enhance the playability and visuals, the core game is obviously no different. My initial point was after experiencing BotW at >60fps, and at 1080p, I don't think I could go back to 30fps and less in places, at what I would consider low resolutions.

To get somewhat back on topic though, new potential (unverified) info about the sequel...
    Unlike the first part, the game will be linear at the beginning. Canonically, Link already knows Hyrule, so there is no point in climbing the towers again

Instead, the developers have filled the world with a miasmic version of Ganon, and until the infection is cleared from location to location, it will be impossible to move around the entire Hyrule

In this regard, the locations are worked out much deeper than in the original. At the very least, McVicker hints at the appearance of dungeons, strongly inspired by one game that knows a lot about spreading dungeons around the open world

In general, while designing the world of Breath of the Wild 2, developers was inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2 (officially known) and another unknown game

The 'leaker' seems credible though, and has history - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/03/rumour_new_info_about_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_2_emerges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apart from Zelda, what game would they be talking about that has dungeons spread around?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Continues to amaze me this game. Zora beast done, onto Death Mountain.

Spent a few weeks roaming before I went near a divine beast so Im well equipped.

Is this the most difficult Zelda game ever? Some of the shrines are really tough and even a wrong move vs a random Moblin can lead to a shítstorm.

The Nal wrote: »
    Continues to amaze me this game. Zora beast done, onto Death Mountain.

Spent a few weeks roaming before I went near a divine beast so Im well equipped.

Is this the most difficult Zelda game ever? Some of the shrines are really tough and even a wrong move vs a random Moblin can lead to a shítstorm.

I found this to be the easiest and fairest Zelda ... But I think that's because I never got bored or stuck. You can just leave any **** storm at any time , and try something else , all the while powering up. There are easy and hard shrines. Just mop up the easy ones first. Then the hard ones are suddenly easy , because you've spent 50 hours in the game and didn't realise it ! :)

The devine beasts are fair , I never got stuck , apart from the camel for a while , but I just brute forced that. Also the bird one has a useful ability that's worth getting early in the game.

Also, hearty X foods , just find em and cook em. No need to go overboard on cooking. Have loads of meals ready.

Plus there is a useful armour set to be found in the 3 mazes in the game ...

I found this to be the easiest and fairest Zelda ... But I think that's because I never got bored or stuck. You can just leave any **** storm at any time , and try something else , all the while powering up. There are easy and hard shrines. Just mop up the easy ones first. Then the hard ones are suddenly easy , because you've spent 50 hours in the game and didn't realise it ! :)

The devine beasts are fair , I never got stuck , apart from the camel for a while , but I just brute forced that. Also the bird one has a useful ability that's worth getting early in the game.

True you can warp on demand which is very handy. Maybe it was just the early parts until I learned to fight properly but I died so many times! Loving it though. Cant wait to play it later.

Credits rolled on this last night. Loved it. As others have said, would've liked to see a bit more dungeon action. Can theoretically "beat" the game in about an hour. Still have 50 shrines to do and a load of the map to visit.

• Advertisement

Credits rolled on this last night. Loved it. As others have said, would've liked to see a bit more dungeon action. Can theoretically "beat" the game in about an hour. Still have 50 shrines to do and a load of the map to visit.

Have you tried the DLC?

The ballad of the champion has a stealthy start, some of the best Shrines, cool dungeon and the completely different boss battle to the rest of the game. And a nice reward. Plus there is master mode; and a few other goodies; including the ability to see where you've been on the map ... the hero's path ... makes it easier to spot where you've not been for mopping up shrines etc.

I would say it might be on sale this week - Nintendo have said they are adding more stuff to the sale.

Have you tried the DLC?

The ballad of the champion has a stealthy start, some of the best Shrines, cool dungeon and the completely different boss battle to the rest of the game. And a nice reward. Plus there is master mode; and a few other goodies; including the ability to see where you've been on the map ... the hero's path ... makes it easier to spot where you've not been for mopping up shrines etc.

I would say it might be on sale this week - Nintendo have said they are adding more stuff to the sale.

Its 20 quid at the moment. Defo going to get it this week regardless. Might try Tarrey Town first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Its 20 quid at the moment. Defo going to get it this week regardless. Might try Tarrey Town first.

The current sale is being extended on Thursday, wait to see if it gets a discount then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Tarrey town was one of my favourite bits. It got slightly spoiled for me but it didn't take away from the magic of it. I have the DLC but never went near it. Once I beat the main game i stepped away from it and haven't gone back since.
    Maybe I should jump back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Apart from Zelda, what game would they be talking about that has dungeons spread around?
    Thing is there are so many Zelda-like games/Zelda clones. Two that jump to mind they could be referring to are Okami or Darksiders (only played a bit of 2 so not sure if it's a good example of dungeons spread out).

Tarrey town was one of my favourite bits. It got slightly spoiled for me but it didn't take away from the magic of it. I have the DLC but never went near it. Once I beat the main game i stepped away from it and haven't gone back since.

Oh yeah, use it or lose it! Champions ballad is great. Hero's path is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I didn't find Tarrey Town! :eek::o
    Now I have to decide to I rebuy the game on Switch because I don't think I'll be getting the Wii U out just for this

DLC currently DL'ing! Think Ill still start Tarrey Town anyway after becoming very sidetracked last night fighting Moldugas, Stone Talus' and getting into hard to find shrines.

Edit - Ooh when you restart and get hit with all the extra missions and quests and stuff in the one go!

source.gif

DLC currently DL'ing! Thaink Ill still start Tarrey Town anyway after becoming very sidetracked last night fighting Moldugas, Stone Talus' and getting into hard to find shrines.

Edit - Ooh when you restart and get hit with all the extra missions and quests and stuff in the one go!

source.gif

Yep! Go to the map screen and hit X I think for hero's path.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Forgive my newb'ness but there's DLC for this?? Is it any good / worth the purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Oh yeah, use it or lose it! Champions ballad is great. Hero's path is great.

I bought the DLC before all the content was released for it. Basically bought it for the Hero's Path function. Was a great help once I had all the map unlocked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

Have to say I bought the DLC before it was released, having seen the great job big N did with Mario Kart 8 and the like, but was left very let down. It's not more story content, just things like challenges. Don't like that kind of DLC. Should've been story content with some of the Champions imo. And the items locked behind the DLC really shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

2nd DLC is story-driven focusing a bit more on the champions. if you wanna give it a bop. I've been meaning to but there's a lot to play out there.......like plain old BotW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ijohhj wrote: »
    Have to say I bought the DLC before it was released, having seen the great job big N did with Mario Kart 8 and the like, but was left very let down. It's not more story content, just things like challenges. Don't like that kind of DLC. Should've been story content with some of the Champions imo. And the items locked behind the DLC really shouldn't be.

Are you sure you played Champions Ballad? More story content with the Champions is literally what it is.

The first DLC was just some outfits of some ****e like that alright.

Remember the dlc / expansion pass could be on sale tomorrow ...

Yep ... The champions ballad has a lot to it .. shrines , side quests , armour , dungeon , boss , special and useful reward. You need to have defeated the 4 devine beasts to get to it ...

Then there's master mode , main game but harder ... Doesn't overwrite your normal save

Also a combat mode called trial of the sword

Hero's path ....

It was released originally in 2 dlc parts. It's just one download called the expansion pass.

There is a lot to it. If you want more of BOTW then it's highly recommend.

Its great value for 20 quid. So all in about 75 quid for 100s and 100s of hours of top top notch gaming.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Are you sure you played Champions Ballad? More story content with the Champions is literally what it is.

It's not at all, there's cutscenes after... challenges. More shrines. More revealing those shrines. There's like five extra two minute cutscenes? As a reward for some pretty asinine and lengthy challenges.

I got the bike, definitely played the dlc. Twice through, on different playthroughs in fact.

Would've preferred playable champions, is what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

ijohhj wrote: »
    Would've preferred playable champions, is what I'm saying.

Nah, less of that cocky Rito git, please, don't wanna play as him!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

I’m new to the switch and having detoured to luigis mansion picked botw up again. I’m much more comfortable combat wise now and have two divine beasts down but detouring which is more fun.

I took down a lynel today for the first time and don’t think I’ve been more satisfied in a game in a long time.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nah, less of that cocky Rito git, please, don't wanna play as him!

You got more of that regardless.

And who knows, they could be back for the sequel too.

Advertisement