Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hairball wrote: »

The last game from memory I can remember them giving 10/10 was Halo 2 on the first Xbox, they were correct in how it would change the way we thought of online gaming on consoles (at the time)....

I got broadband for that game....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

They gave Skyward Sword 10/10. A ha, a ha, hahahahahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

Hopefully this is a warranted perfect score. From various accounts, it is, thankfully. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Fieldog wrote: »
    The last game from memory I can remember them giving 10/10 was Halo 2 on the first Xbox, they were correct in how it would change the way we thought of online gaming on consoles (at the time)....

I got broadband for that game....

That never got 10/10. Loads have games have got a perfect 10 including Skyward Sword and The Last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The last 10/10 was Bloodborne from 2015. Bayonetta 2 and GTA5 before that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_(magazine)

That never got 10/10. Loads have games have got a perfect 10 including Skyward Sword and The Last of Us.

Sorry, was Halo 3....

I knew it was one of them.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry, was Halo 3....

I knew it was one of them.... :)

Class multiplayer

These are the list of games EDGE gave 10/10 to:
    • Super Mario 64
    • Gran Turismo
    • The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
    • Halo: Combat Evolved
    • Half-Life 2
    • Halo 3
    • The Orange Box
    • Super Mario Galaxy
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • Bayonetta
    • Super Mario Galaxy 2
    • Rock Band 3
    • Skyward Sword
    • The Last Of Us
    • GTA 5
    • Bayonetta 2
    • Bloodborne
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I may be missing a couple from recent times.

sligeach wrote: »
    These are the list of games EDGE gave 10/10 to:
    • Super Mario 64
    • Gran Turismo
    • The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
    • Halo: Combat Evolved
    • Half-Life 2
    • Halo 3
    • The Orange Box
    • Super Mario Galaxy
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • Bayonetta
    • Super Mario Galaxy 2
    • Rock Band 3
    • Skyward Sword
    • The Last Of Us
    • Bayonetta 2
    • Bloodborne
    • GTA 5

I may be missing a couple from recent times.

I would love a rerelease of Bayonetta 2 as I never had a Wii U....

Loved the first on 360!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

While Skyward Sword didn't deserve a 10, how the hell did Halo 3 get one? A weird choice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Corholio wrote: »
    While Skyward Sword didn't deserve a 10, how the hell did Halo 3 get one? A weird choice as well.

And Little Big Planet is a strange one also!

• Advertisement

As discussed above, probably the best multiplayer of all the Halo titles still to this day...

As discussed above, probably the best multiplayer of all the Halo titles still to this day...

Surely the rest of the game has to be accounted too though, and if it was, it's certainly no 10.

Surely the rest of the game has to be accounted too though, and if it was, it's certainly no 10.

Mario Kart 8 had a manky Battle Mode but that didn't stop it getting largely 9's.

Mario Kart 8 had a manky Battle Mode but that didn't stop it getting largely 9's.

True, but it's still a great racer. Halo 3 isn't a great shooter imo.

Here's the cover art of EDGE Magazine. Gorgeous art.
    PeSnSmZ.jpg

I put spoiler tags on the next bit but it's not really
    – EDGE indicates that the game is very dense
    – You’ll roam around and get distracted by dozens of different things “an absolute, and unremitting pleasure to get lost in”
    – Over 100 shrines and they are multi purpose
    – The world feels well realized despite game like speed potions
    – Four beasts must be exorcised, with a couple sub missions a final dungeon and a boss fight for each
    – If you focus on just the main quest you’re looking at about 20 hours
    – You’ll have all the tools you need after playing 4 shrines (opening hour)
    – Defeating beasts will net you RPG like stat boosts and a new power with a big cool down that breaks the game in ways they wouldn’t spoil
    – Frame rate is a little uneven on the Wii U version, dropping to teens in very busy sequences like heavy weather effects, rarely when it matters
    – Nuts and bolts combat is a little unpredictable at times but that encourages you to the many other tools and powers at your disposal

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1347513

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gets-first-review-in-edge/

Disappointing about the Wii U frame rate but hopefully shouldn't be a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Here's the cover art of EDGE Magazine. Gorgeous art.

I put spoiler tags on the next bit but it's not really
    – EDGE indicates that the game is very dense
    – You’ll roam around and get distracted by dozens of different things “an absolute, and unremitting pleasure to get lost in”
    – Over 100 shrines and they are multi purpose
    – The world feels well realized despite game like speed potions
    – Four beasts must be exorcised, with a couple sub missions a final dungeon and a boss fight for each
    – If you focus on just the main quest you’re looking at about 20 hours
    – You’ll have all the tools you need after playing 4 shrines (opening hour)
    – Defeating beasts will net you RPG like stat boosts and a new power with a big cool down that breaks the game in ways they wouldn’t spoil
    – Frame rate is a little uneven on the Wii U version, dropping to teens in very busy sequences like heavy weather effects, rarely when it matters
    – Nuts and bolts combat is a little unpredictable at times but that encourages you to the many other tools and powers at your disposal

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1347513

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gets-first-review-in-edge/

Disappointing about the Wii U frame rate but hopefully shouldn't be a big deal.

When is the magazine out in the shops? May be the first gaming magazine I've bought in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well issue #303 came out on Feb 2nd according to de internets so can assume later half of this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

still no comment from any sources on the WiiU version
    dose it have different embargo to the switch version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

More likely most places are focusing on the Switch version, as opposed to a less prominent version on a dead console. Sure I didn't see a word on the GC version of twilight princess till after the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Said both switch and wii u versions were tested

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

More likely most places are focusing on the Switch version, as opposed to a less prominent version on a dead console. Sure I didn't see a word on the GC version of twilight princess till after the launch.

True, and it took a little time for people to acknowledge that TP on the 'Cube is the definitive version, with the map and lead character the right way around!
    Plus, the Wii was a GC, but with a few enhancements, while the Switch is an entirely different beast to the WiiU.

That was different, this is a simultaneous launch. Twilight Princess on Gamecube depending on the region came out anywhere from a week to 3 weeks after the Wii version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

When is the magazine out in the shops? May be the first gaming magazine I've bought in a while!

Not a lot of people know this but if you have a library card you can read Edge and a lot of other magazines for free on iPads/tablets/pc etc

https://www.rbdigital.com/lgma/service/zinio/landing?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Not a lot of people know this but if you have a library card you can read Edge and a lot of other magazines for free on iPads/tablets/pc etc

https://www.rbdigital.com/lgma/service/zinio/landing?

I'll be definitely getting this one as a physical copy.
    Great cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

after much searching , I came across this, but no direct source to go with it just yet

Edge Magazine said that the Wii U version runs reasonable well, but that there are some drops "into the teens" during certain weather effects. They stated that generally the frames only dropped "when it didn't matter". As for the Switch version, it apparently runs at a stable 30 FPS.

jos22 wrote: »
    after much searching , I came across this, but no direct source to go with it just yet

Edge Magazine said that the Wii U version runs reasonable well, but that there are some drops "into the teens" during certain weather effects. They stated that generally the frames only dropped "when it didn't matter". As for the Switch version, it apparently runs at a stable 30 FPS.

Ya, I think I read that somewhere. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

He's not allowed mention any spoilers but there's new footage in the video below (new for me anyway) - so watch at your own risk. :)

Looks like it's going to be a fantastic experience - giving me an OOT vibe which is great as that will always be my favourite Zelda. For me, nothing in the Zelda universe will ever top the feeling that first 3D game gave.

Just thinking, I have the Wii-U version ordered just in case Argos don't get much stock in, but I might just wait to play it whenever I pick up the Switch - could be a Game of the Year type edition released by then that includes the DLC etc. Any gaming time I have at the minute is being consumed by Nioh anyway.

Want to know what's on the base of the Master Sword statue?
    WUPP_ALZ_pkgeBD01_1_R_ad-0.jpg

WUPP_ALZ_pkgeBD01_5_R_ad-0.jpg

"Made in China" Ugh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Andrew76 wrote: »
    He's not allowed mention any spoilers but there's new footage in the video below (new for me anyway) - so watch at your own risk. :)

Looks like it's going to be a fantastic experience - giving me an OOT vibe which is great as that will always be my favourite Zelda. For me, nothing in the Zelda universe will ever top the feeling that first 3D game gave.

Great preview.... with the wind and rain howling outside, I wish I could just settle in for the day and play it now. How and ever, just 5 more sleeps....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Want to know what's on the base of the Master Sword statue?

"Made in China" Ugh! :o

What were you expecting? "Hecho en Lorule"?

Advertisement