Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

C5lfgC6WAAEjGp9.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You're right, it does look better!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Great preview.... with the wind and rain howling outside, I wish I could just settle in for the day and play it now. How and ever, just 5 more sleeps....

Definitely looks like a game that will consume lots of time (in a good way). I can see plenty of folks missing their bus/train stop because of it, or getting major dead leg sitting on the jacks for too long!! :D

Looking at Link running about in the world one feature that would be very handy is the ability to make notes on the map (or at the very least mark locations) so you can come back to them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »
    They gave Skyward Sword 10/10. A ha, a ha, hahahahahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

Hopefully this is a warranted perfect score. From various accounts, it is, thankfully. :)

SS gets a 10 from me, but we've been here before.

Best thing ever.

Cutting the grass with your sword just won’t cut it in a world this big. Link's gonna need a new upgrade.
    f509c77924bae24e4247f4e88391aa8f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Majoras Mask gets a 10 from me, but we've been here before and I agree, Skyward Sword just isn't good.

MM though, Best thing ever.

FYP.

Turning Switch on and off, starting and closing Zelda on Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsIw6WthK44

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

FYP.

Yeah, MM is the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game to date, but Skyward Sword would be well up there too, Fi's constant interruptions and wiimote plus resetting aside!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Breath of the Wild got 94/100 in German magazine GamePro. Apparently they're notoriously harsh with reviews. It's the 2nd best reviewed game by them of all time (second to GTA V on 95/100).
    Friday can't come soon enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone willing to fly to Netherlands and do a collection for me?

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/26/breath-of-the-wild-accidentally-sold-early-in-the-netherlands/
    Breath of the Wild got 94/100 in German magazine GamePro. Apparently they're notoriously harsh with reviews. It's the 2nd best reviewed game by them of all time (second to GTA V on 95/100).
    Friday can't come soon enough!

On second thoughts, only 94? Preorder cancelled

Nintendoomed

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Metacritic have their review page up (including Edge's review and 25 early impressions and reviews in progress)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The leak of skyward sword strikes again..............

BOTW has found its way onto the interwebs. And apparently its playable

Oooooooooo lets hold off on that for the moment.

Aparently Nintendo are releasing a system update just for this game :eek:

Well played nintendo well played :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »

Tut tut Sparks, up to your old tricks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is not a firmware update, it is just a game update, the game is bootable at the minute, but that is about it.

Edit - Looks like people have got it up and running.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tut tut Sparks, up to your old tricks again!

Not guilty M'Lud

For the moment anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Had to stop reading the reviews, spoilers aplenty. One thing I didn't see was any info on the amiibos and just how many are required if any for the game, so far the wolf one that came with twilight princess seems to be the only one mentioned sparingly that it helps you find items, the guardian one looks awesome so does the bokoblin but what if anything do they do?

Amiibo functionality posted earlier so I don;t want to repost a big chunk again

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102725148&postcount=399

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm actually playing it. Omfg.

I'm actually playing it. Omfg.

Well done

You are now piratezone level 99 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Well done

You are now piratezone level 99 :D

Nah I'm no pirate. I've already paid for the game, just getting an early peak!

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it runs on the wiiu. And it looks beautiful.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it runs on the wiiu. And it looks beautiful.

Same here done the same with SS on the wii :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

nice my 2 year old amazon pre ordered has updated to est delivery date of March 8th :( . forgotten how bad amazon order to ship pre-orders.

decided to stick with the WiiU version and cancelled the Switch+zelda pre-order
    of the announced line up, nothing on the switch till autumn /Winter if you have a WiiU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Any word on when that Edge magazine with the BOTW review will be in shops?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Any word on when that Edge magazine with the BOTW review will be in shops?

According to the present copy of Edge it's due out on the 2.3.17, or Thursday.
    Give us all something to read in the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I read the scans, there are a few light spoilers in the review, I mainly skipped any part talking about villages and dungeons as those I want to go in kind of blind (a bit late to go blind into the rest of the game...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Gotta load it up tonight, great to hear that it runs well on the Wii U! :cool:

Anyone else here use guides, not to help, but just to see how long you have left? Like, say, for Uncharted "Ok I'm on chapter 13 and according to this guide there are 25 altogether."
    I usually do it these days just to see how far into a game I am. Though I avoided doing it for Skyward and plan on avoiding doing it for BotW.

Hope also that if they have a load of side missions that they let you save upon completion but with the ability to go back and finish them, like Infamous. I remember Skyward just had you complete the game and it saved over your game with the new mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else here use guides

I used guides years ago and while I was contemplating shelling out for this game guide, I'm kinda looking forward to just getting lost and doing quests/side missions at my leisure and just taking my time with the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

That_Guy wrote: »
    I used guides years ago and while I was contemplating shelling out for this game guide, I'm kinda looking forward to just getting lost and doing quests/side missions at my leisure and just taking my time with the game.

Same here! I've not properly played a Zelda game since Twilight Princess on the Wii!!

Advertisement