Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

madmoe wrote: »
    Gotta load it up tonight, great to hear that it runs well on the Wii U! :cool:

For the most part it runs decently. In the towns and villages the frame rate is very poor but I suppose it doesn't matter too much at those times. Overall it's better than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

jos22 wrote: »
    nice my 2 year old amazon pre ordered has updated to est delivery date of March 8th :( . forgotten how bad amazon order to ship pre-orders.

decided to stick with the WiiU version and cancelled the Switch+zelda pre-order
    of the announced line up, nothing on the switch till autumn /Winter if you have a WiiU

My order says the same. :( I ordered it and the SteamWorld Collection also for Wii U months ago but they're shipping the games together. Normally they would have sent on the latter game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

sligeach wrote: »
    My order says the same. :( I ordered it and the SteamWorld Collection also for Wii U months ago but they're shipping the games together. Normally they would have sent on the latter game.

I've Noticed that lately too with movies that they will hold the entire order until all items are ready to ship, unless the date they provided changed after you placed the order.

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Final Wii U Version vs Switch Graphics Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se-NEt1rxBc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Final Wii U Version vs Switch Graphics Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se-NEt1rxBc

I can't tell any difference between them in that video, not that I'd expect to seeing as it was designed for the Wii-U anyway.

• Advertisement

Ya, there's no difference between them as far as I can see. I was hoping that the previous comparisons were because of an old build and so it's come to pass.

5 Ways The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Defies Expectations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCIRkaqGcM

Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Night 2 Day Timelapse | WiiU | Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSctUJd4DgM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Larger draw distance, and less aliasing. Seems to be the difference between the two from that video. The Draw distance was most evident when Link is on the cliff overlooking the field. The aliasing is most evident when the camera pans from the old man to the church style building in the distance.

Not a large difference but if you game on PC a lot you will definitely be able to tell the difference between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Night 2 Day Timelapse | WiiU | Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSctUJd4DgM

The main thing that jumped out at me is an unusual one that I wouldn't have expected...

The cloud systems look fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And people say Nintendo don't use the cloud!

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And people say Nintendo don't use the cloud!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Should I play and finish Wind Waker before this? I'm afraid BOTW will 'ruin' older Zeldas for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wind Waker is magnificent. Its still gorgeous, its story has an emotional depth you wouldnt expect, and it has some of the series best music. (Dragon Roost Island anyone?)

It's also a little shorter than Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild so you can likely race through it if you ignore the side stuff.

Play it. You wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Should I play and finish Wind Waker before this? I'm afraid BOTW will 'ruin' older Zeldas for me.

BotW is already ruining older Zeldas for me. I'm trying to finish Twilight Princess HD before Friday, and I keep finding myself thinking "I hope this is the last dungeon!" instead of "I hope this never ends!"

Famitsu have given the game a perfect score.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NSW / Wii U) – 10 / 10 / 10 / 10

2 reviews and 2 top marks so far.

CommentPhotos.com_1405457077.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's no 6/10 that's for sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Banjo wrote: »
    BotW is already ruining older Zeldas for me. I'm trying to finish Twilight Princess HD before Friday, and I keep finding myself thinking "I hope this is the last dungeon!" instead of "I hope this never ends!"

Finished that on Monday, was looking at the pieces of Fused Shadow/Mirror of Twilight and going "Ok, so 2 dungeons left....ah damn it Hyrule Castle is a mini dungeon too!"

Now gonna try finish MM3D, got to Great Bay before I stopped.

Famitsu magazine's upcoming Zelda cover.
    7SC0SFN.jpg

The passing of the torch so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Two days in so a spoiler free first impressions.

The world is massive.
    The story is interesting.
    Foraging for food and weapons is very well done.
    Some areas are quite easy but others take some thought.

But is it zelda?

Will let you know my opinion in a couple of weeks after you all get a chance to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ya, there's no difference between them as far as I can see. I was hoping that the previous comparisons were because of an old build and so it's come to pass.

5 Ways The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Defies Expectations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCIRkaqGcM
    This makes it really look great - the things it seems to change from previous Zeldas (and my opinion maybe shouldn't be held in high regard as I've only played one) are all improvements in my book! I went into Wind Waker on the WiiU with really high hopes, maybe too high, and felt pretty let down by the time I completed it, thought it was a mediocre gaming experience all things considered. Gated areas based on abilities/items, etc... were a real pain in the gullet, and I didn't like the 'childish' touches throughout... BOTW looks a massive, massive improvement in comparison!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »

The world is massive.

But is it zelda?

Will let you know my opinion in a couple of weeks after you all get a chance to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

In my defense Nintendo are still getting the few quid off me for the game.

Furthermore there is a very strong chance that i may take the plunge on the switch early. Even after getting badly burned on wii u early adoption.

The game is that good bloody amazing actually. Almost wants to make me get down on my knees to the superior beings that are nintendo and beg forgiveness for all that i have said over the past few years.

Im not worthy
    Im not worthy
    Im not worthy

:D

Smyths in the UK are selling the Wii U version for £45, which is less than €53.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-691/coming-soon-wii-u/p-18728/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wii-u/

Here in their home country we've to pay €10 more, €63.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-wii-u/p-18728/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wii-u/

It's not right. Thankfully I've a copy coming from Amazon for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Sparks43 wrote: »

The world is massive.

But is it zelda?

I feel the same. It's so much larger than I thought even just yesterday. It's not only big it's also interesting. The only place I've found that doesn't have much happening is aptly called the wasteland.

Is it Zelda? It is now, this is zelda from now on. There's no way they could satisfactorily go back to scripted linear Zelda games after this, in my opinion. It's done to Zelda what OOT did 19 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It's not right. Thankfully I've a copy coming from Amazon for €40.

40 Euros? My pre-order went in at 41 pounds.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    40 Euros? My pre-order went in at 41 pounds.

I had a £10 Amazon promotional discount voucher for spending over £50. Bought it and SteamWorld Collection also for Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Zelda team are at the Game Developers Conference and they have revealed some fascinating stuff, including some early left field ideas for BOTW.

C527vDVVAAAIGp8.jpg:small

C527vF6U0AAZroJ.jpg:small

C528JJ-U0AEdFsn.jpg:small

They even created a 2D map of BOTW so they could plan out the game and it's locations easier.

C52yUyxVMAASQog.jpg:small

i_am_error_404_page.jpg

More here:

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD - GDC 2017 PANEL COVERAGE (2D TESTING PHASE, BIKER LINK & MORE)

http://gonintendo.com/stories/275067-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gdc-2017-panel-coverage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's feckin' tough!

Advertisement