Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have it pre-ordered for the Wii U, anyone know if I can get it at the midnight launch of the Switch at Smyths ?

nix wrote: »
    Pre ordered a wii-U copy from smyths, hope i can just nip in and collect on the day. Cost €63 which is more than i usually pay for a game, but feck it, its zelda.

Just watched the recent wiiU/switch comparison videos on youtube, anybody who has a WiiU and is still buying a switch to play this, is out of their ruttin mind, they look identical :eek:

I'm sticking with the Wii U and ordered that version. It will be a year or two before I purchase a switch. Just don't see the point now in getting a new console just for Zelda when in a year or two it will be cheaper and have a great selection of games. Each to their own though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nice swansong for the Wii U all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Any one know the price of the Wii U version in Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has it been announced what price this game will be on the eShop for the Switch?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ryath wrote: »

Don't think we'll find out until they update the website tomorrow morning. Someone mentioned 5am but not sure how accurate that is.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Don't think we'll find out until they update the website tomorrow morning. Someone mentioned 5am but not sure how accurate that is.

Thought it might be up on the instore system, the Switch is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thought it might be up on the instore system, the Switch is

Actually you're correct, someone did post instore pics and it was listed.

Here you go, super_furry's post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102768681&postcount=8007

Bottom image shows it as €68.99. Won't know until the morning if it stays that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

€62.99, its in the store system but not online yet. Code is 626/9821 (I have this memorized by now.....)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

After seeing all the reviews, i think i may have to just throw caution to the wind and just buy it. Assuming i can get it anywhere. Can't be missing out on the best Zelda game ever (from what i've read).

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    €62.99, its in the store system but not online yet. Code is 626/9821 (I have this memorized by now.....)

Thanks. Was hoping they might have it a little cheaper €56 from gameseek seems to be the cheapest unless I can find some where with a discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

You know the code for the instore Swith Neon?

Thanks,
    M

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The games media is often farcically positive and gushing of AAA new releases, even middling ones, but there's that definite extra sense of excitement and wonder from what I've read (from more respectable publications, not the dozens of random ones that fill up Metacritic's ranks ;))

Sounds like a genuinely extraordinary game - Nintendo's first since Mario Galaxy, dare I suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Also by any chance do you know the code for the official Pro Controller??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The games media is often farcically positive and gushing of AAA new releases, even middling ones, but there's that definite extra sense of excitement and wonder from what I've read (from more respectable publications, not the dozens of random ones that fill up Metacritic's ranks ;))

Sounds like a genuinely extraordinary game - Nintendo's first since Mario Galaxy, dare I suggest?

*realist hat on*

I would expect any Zelda game to carry a token +10% Nostalgia Buff though for Critics

Some stuff, people don't stay subjective about (Don't forget the initial gushing about Bioshock Infinite, Fallout 4 etc)

While I have no doubt a lot of the praise is highly founded, there is always that slight overlooking of flaws and over-hyping of small stuff

*realist hat off*

MOTHER TRUCKING 24 HOURS TILL PARTAKING IN NEW ZELDA!!!!
    (damn you Smyths and your no midnight opening + work tomorrow combo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

MOTHER TRUCKING 24 HOURS TILL PARTAKING IN NEW ZELDA!!!!
    (damn you Smyths and your no midnight opening + work tomorrow combo)

I thought all smyths stores were having a midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anxiously waiting for Parcel Motel to deliver the crap out of this game. Not 100% confident that I'll have it by today or even before work tomorrow afternoon. I may have to wait until.... SATURDAY... Boo-urns.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I got a text saying that yes, this is the case. Your wan I spoke to in Cork originally didn't have a clue apparently :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If playing on the Wii U, you'd want the pro controller, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kiith wrote: »
    If playing on the Wii U, you'd want the pro controller, right?

It's fine with the gamepad IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

98% on Metacritic so far from 56 reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

Even the usual troll sites have resisted putting up click bait scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Would love to play this but can't justify shelling out €330 quid for essentially one game.

Especially that the reviews of the actual console itself are so poor :/

EDIT: And no I will not buy a Wii U!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hold the feckin' phone..... Parcel Motel have charged me for a parcel. Now where are you confirmation email????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm sticking with the Wii U and ordered that version. It will be a year or two before I purchase a switch. Just don't see the point now in getting a new console just for Zelda when in a year or two it will be cheaper and have a great selection of games. Each to their own though :)

Exactly, and i got burned with the WiiU, it had great games but just not enough and they pretty much abandoned it far too quickly :(

nix wrote: »
    Exactly, and i got burned with the WiiU, it had great games but just not enough and they pretty much abandoned it far too quickly :(

I don't feel burnt by the Wii U, I thought it had a great selection of games. Just not interested in getting a brand new console with very few launch games when I can hold off for a while and buy it at a reduced price and with a bigger selection of games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just spent the last three hours beating my first real dungeon. Absolutely unreal boss fight at the end of it. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Amazon the dirty gits haven't send the games today despite saying that they would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is this going to be the thread where we actually discuss gameplay etc? Presume we will need spoiler tags for a while.

Anyone playing already tell me
    where do you get better clothes than the shirt and pants you find in the resurrection room at the start? I've done six or seven shrines at this stage but haven't come across anything yet.

Any tips on where to get decent weapons either? I presume you will be able to hold more stuff as you progress in the game, finding the limits very annoying so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

sligeach wrote: »
    Amazon the dirty gits haven't send the games today despite saying that they would be.

Free shipping? Mine too

Revolut will beep once they take the money

Advertisement