Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah my Amazon order is preparing for dispatch, doubt I'll see it before Tuesday.

Will give me more time to finish the never ending twilight princess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is this going to be the thread where we actually discuss gameplay etc? Presume we will need spoiler tags for a while.

Anyone playing already tell me
    where do you get better clothes than the shirt and pants you find in the resurrection room at the start? I've done six or seven shrines at this stage but haven't come across anything yet.

Any tips on where to get decent weapons either? I presume you will be able to hold more stuff as you progress in the game, finding the limits very annoying so far...

I think it might be a better idea to start a separate thread for actual gameplay discussion? I'm sure people that haven't played it yet don't want to be sorting through those comments and spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Also by any chance do you know the code for the official Pro Controller??

685/1387
    €72.99
    madmoe wrote: »
    You know the code for the instore Swith Neon?

Thanks,
    M

683/6539
    €369.99

Super_Furry posted up pics of the Argos Switch instore pages in the Nintendo Switch thread, page 534.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    685/1387
    €72.99

683/6539
    €369.99

Super_Furry posted up pics of the Argos Switch instore pages in the Nintendo Switch thread, page 534.

Thanks a million for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 eire126

Any idea if preload will be available on wii u?? Gamestop told me that they would have a couple of wii u versions lying around at the midnight launch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think it might be a better idea to start a separate thread for actual gameplay discussion? I'm sure people that haven't played it yet don't want to be sorting through those comments and spoilers.

This thread is fine imo as long as spoiler tags are used, especially by those folks who magically got the game before it's actual release and are ahead of everyone else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

kingtut wrote: »
    I don't feel burnt by the Wii U, I thought it had a great selection of games. Just not interested in getting a brand new console with very few launch games when I can hold off for a while and buy it at a reduced price and with a bigger selection of games :)

I don't deny it had some great games, im just used to nintendo banging out more titles, heck they didnt even give us a metroid :P

They gave up on it after 4 years, most consoles last double that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sligeach wrote: »
    Amazon the dirty gits haven't send the games today despite saying that they would be.

Don't even go there....

Amazon and I ended out fruitful customer relations after today, despite the best efforts of their fantastic CS guy...

He went and cancelled my order on his end so I could reorder it and "buy again" so they would take my voucher money that's been on my account since February, whilst I was on the phone to him...

When we then established that wasn't possible as there was none in stock, *poof* my Switch that's been ordered since January 13th vanished into the nether regions of Amazon orders....

Gutted to say the least, but I did get 10 UK pounds to say sorry, not that I will ever use them again for anything... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got two wolf Amiibos now one from ages ago and one today from the twilight princess pack wonder if I get more can I have a wolf pack roaming the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Decided I'm going to get the Wii U version. I'm sure one of yea will buy it down the line when I get the Switch. Asked in Smyths. Couldn't preorder any more they had 6/7 he said coming in with two preorders taken. Might be able to make in tonight if not I'll go first thing in the morning. Checked argos they had 6 in stock and could see on screen several others had 6 too. Going to try and reserve on tonight. Gamestop would take a preorder but at €70 they can PFO

• Advertisement

According to this AMA with a guy who has it on Wii U, there is absolutely no gamepad functionality beyond off screen play.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5wh07r/botw_ama_wiiu/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

If that's true, it's unforgivable.

I know Nintendo themselves suggested as much but I was hoping they'd see sense.

So the only Zelda built for the Wii U is the only Zelda on the Wii U without gamepad map/inventory.....

The lack of sense in the above sentence makes me angry....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Hi guys. Would you recommend buying a Wii U at this stage? I'm looking forward to playing this game and also some of the older Zelda and Mario titles. I've never owned a Nintendo product before. I never had an interest but I've been getting more and more into games over the past few years and all roads seem to lead to back to Nintendo and the Zelda series. I'm just wondering if the Wii U would be a better place to start considering there's a library of games already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

nix wrote: »
    They gave up on it after 4 years, most consoles last double that :rolleyes:

Not even close.

NES: 6 years.
    SNES: 5 years.
    N64: 5 years.
    Wii: 5 years.

Master System: 3 years.
    Megadrive: 6 years.
    Saturn: 4 years.

PS1: 5 years.
    PS2: 6 years.

OG Xbox: 4 years.

The last gen was crazy long compared to all others. Probably due in part to the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The gamepad actually works and feels so intuitive for this game. Thought I would prefer having the pad to swap items but the d pad is everything you need for speed in battle.

If people are collecting at midnight get some snacks and beers in quick. This is one amazing game.
    According to this AMA with a guy who has it on Wii U, there is absolutely no gamepad functionality beyond off screen play.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/5wh07r/botw_ama_wiiu/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

If that's true, it's unforgivable.

I know Nintendo themselves suggested as much but I was hoping they'd see sense.

So the only Zelda built for the Wii U is the only Zelda on the Wii U without gamepad map/inventory.....

The lack of sense in the above sentence makes me angry....

Sparks43 wrote: »
    The gamepad actually works and feels so intuitive for this game. Thought I would prefer having the pad to swap items but the d pad is everything you need for speed in battle

I love the touch screen in WW and TP HD, it's flabbergasting that this doesn't even have that. Absolute clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Do you need a pre order for midnight release? Thinkin of headin down after work havent booked it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I love the touch screen in WW and TP HD, it's flabbergasting that this doesn't even have that. Absolute clowns.

I thought that too before I played it. The last thing you want to be doing is looking down at the gamepad screen when your shield and spear get smashed in the middle of a hectic battle. The d pad inventory selector is actually a very clever and a very quick way of switching things up in a fraction of a second. Far superior that a touch screen inventory.

The lack of a map on the gamepad screen though is unforgivable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

There's an interview in this month's Edge and they refer to the fact that it was originally just for the Wii U but then the director was told in 2016 that it was for the Switch as well. They clearly didn't fancy running with different mechanics for the two different version. They made the right decision if the critical reviews are anything to go by.

Well ive played the game and gave my opinion but that seems to count for nothing.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    There's an interview in this month's Edge and they refer to the fact that it was originally just for the Wii U but then the director was told in 2016 that it was for the Switch as well. They clearly didn't fancy running with different mechanics for the two different version. They made the right decision if the critical reviews are anything to go by.

The only reason it was chopped was to
    Make sure the Wii U version didn't in any way appear better. Childish and petty from Nintendo. People would buy the Switch if they wanted it. They didn't have to do over Wii u owners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Still not dispatched from amazon. Absolute jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Lads, somewhat unrelated but I'm actually too excited and I feel like most of you are more versed on pre-orders than I am...

I pre-ordered BotW on Amazon, saw it hadn't been dispatched by the afternoon so cancelled my order. Checked my bank account and discovered the money had already been taken out earlier today. Does this mean a copy will arrive on my door tomorrow or Monday?

At the minute, I'm considering just grabbing it on the eShop at midnight and skipping college in the morning...

I don't think I've been this excited about anything for years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Lads, somewhat unrelated but I'm actually too excited and I feel like most of you are more versed on pre-orders than I am...

I pre-ordered BotW on Amazon, saw it hadn't been dispatched by the afternoon so cancelled my order. Checked my bank account and discovered the money had already been taken out earlier today. Does this mean a copy will arrive on my door tomorrow or Monday?

At the minute, I'm considering just grabbing it on the eShop at midnight and skipping college in the morning...

I don't think I've been this excited about anything for years. :D

I don't think so. Get onto CS but I'd say they'll be refunding the payment.

Grand so! Guess I'll be downloading it in approximately 68 minutes then so :D

Grand so! Guess I'll be downloading it in approximately 68 minutes then so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    Not even close.

NES: 6 years.
    SNES: 5 years.
    N64: 5 years.
    Wii: 5 years.

Master System: 3 years.
    Megadrive: 6 years.
    Saturn: 4 years.

PS1: 5 years.
    PS2: 6 years.

OG Xbox: 4 years.

The last gen was crazy long compared to all others. Probably due in part to the recession.

Ummm are you pulling those figures from console to console or from when they actually stopped support/creating games for the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think you meant this one that isn't by SOAD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

They should have disabled the gamepad screen when not in use and saved a few minutes battery. To be fair, it's very quick to go off-screen by just tapping the screen, but the traditional long press on minus would have worked also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will just update and not play it.... 1.5 hours later, okay bed time. My death may have persuaded me.
    Spoiler about dying in this game:
    the fact they mark your death in the map is a good incentive not to die.

Advertisement