Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So Ive been playing this for a little while and what can I say about it...

It's like no other Zelda in recent times that's for sure. After the complete handholding of skyward sword I thought the series would be stuck in a rut forever but link between worlds gave me hope. This game is the antithesis of skyward sword. With barely a tutorial you are flung into the world with a marker telling you where to go.... Which you can ignore completely and go exploring. It's totally open to the player and I wouldn't be surprised if the game is open to sequence breaking. Combat as well is based around using the environment and your tools, you can approach each situation anyway you want.

It's a brave new direction for Zelda and the right one, bringing back the mystery and discovery the series was missing for so long.

And the game has wind just like the Witcher 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's totally open to the player and I wouldn't be surprised if the game is open to sequence breaking.

They did say you could go fight the end boss straight away if you wanted, you just probably wouldn't do very well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Star Lord wrote: »
    They did say you could go fight the end boss straight away if you wanted, you just probably wouldn't do very well!

Already got my ass kicked by a high level enemy. The fact the game lets you do that in the first place is so refreshing for a Zelda game.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

Just got one reserved for Wii U in Argos Ilac in Dublin, they only have 1 left now . looking forward to playing it this evening with the missus and the two young lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Amazon are desperate. I cancelled my order with them and just reserved a copy in Argos. It's a tenner more but I don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

How is the Master Sword statue from the special edition? It looked very flimsy when Reggie was showing it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Amazon order still not dispatched this morning. What the f*** are they doing?

If I was to guess, I bet Nintendo shipped limited quantities of the Wii U version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Hope this is still a thing :pac:
    rgZjNuD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

sligeach wrote: »

If I was to guess, I bet Nintendo shipped limited quantities of the Wii U version.

That's strange, I ordered the Wii U version on Amazon Prime Now this morning, should be getting it in the next hour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Once I got a reservation in Argos I cancelled my Amazon order straight away. Then I noticed they had emailed me last night saying something about unusual delays. Cba Amazon.
    Hope this is still a thing :pac:

It's not. Remember seeing a clip and breaking pots no longer gives ruppees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Seems to be a serious issue with amazon's sending out of Zelda. Dick bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Andrew76 wrote: »

It's not. Remember seeing a clip and breaking pots no longer gives ruppees.

I did find some pots to break
    in the Temple of time and got arrows from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Same here, and I think you're right. Gosh Nintendo really are on a mission to remove Wii U from existence at record pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I saw that Zelda is €69.99 on the EU store so I logged into the US eShop and it is only $60 there. So I bought it on the US store. Works out at €56.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

You can still cancel it can't you? Pick it up in Smyths or Argos. Just picked up Wii U version :D I'll report back in a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Get on live chat and give them grief over it. I was onto them last night and going to get back on now , they assured me it would be posted before today.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Game Informer show this morning say
    that dungeons are not necessary in order to complete the game but are very rewarding.

Also say that you can climb up absolutely anything and explore whole towns and various items that won't show up on your map.

Ryath wrote: »
    You can still cancel it can't you? Pick it up in Smyths or Argos. Just picked up Wii U version :D I'll report back in a few hours!

I paid €40 for it on Amazon so I'm not going to cancel it. Plus I've SteamWorld Collection as part of the order. Not giving the thieving Irish shops any money. Said yesterday that Gamestop are charging €70. They need to die. I told them in the shop that that is ridiculous. Almost everything in their shop is outrageously priced. Smyths and Argos are both making us pay €5 more than UK customers. F***ing w@nk€r$!

C5_X-BVXEAAYmWw.jpg:large

[Zelda: Breath of the Wild] Nintendo Switch Shirt Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWDq2Dv33xs

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

**** cool in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Been playing this on the Wii U for 3 hours today and i am so hooked. Graphics and gameplay is amazing. I've never been so excited about playing a game like this for a long time. I'll be playing it day and night for the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This is just a beautiful game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

That a bit crap looking isn't it?

That guy is playing it on the wiiu so it's like and advertisement for the switch:D

Meanwhile, Amazon UK Wii U Zelda copies won't turn up until Monday.

...Meanwhile, Amazon customers have been having issues with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild copies - albeit on Wii U.

It seems the online retailer simply did not have enough stock to meet demand, and customers are now being given a revised delivery date of Monday.

"I'm very irritated, as I've taken the day off work today expecting to receive the game but now it won't arrive until Monday," one Eurogamer reader told us."

"Like many others this morning, I woke to find an email from Amazon stating that the dispatch of my Breath of the Wild order had been delayed until next week," another reader emailed in to say. "This, despite the fact the delivery date was estimated as today all the way through my pre-order period.

"After a frustrating chat with Amazon customer services, it seems like Amazon took too many pre-orders that they were unable to fulfill."...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-people-are-having-trouble-with-game-launch-day-nintendo-switch-deliveries

That's for UK customers, it'll be a longer wait for us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks ridiculous.

Completely. Same as Mario driving around in a Mercedes. :rolleyes:

Thankfully it's not forced on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's for UK customers, it'll be a longer wait for us.

That must explain why I didn't receive an email. Did you?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    That must explain why I didn't receive an email. Did you?

No. I sent them an e-mail though about an hour ago asking what's happening.

Edit: Just checked my order and it now says "Dispatching soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Getting a bit emotional playing this I'll be honest, giving me the feels of Ocarina and being young again combined, it's gorgeous....

Every time I try sit down and play it my phone rings or the cat starts headbutting me for food, that never happened back in the N64 days... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Star Lord wrote: »
    This is just a beautiful game!

It is stunning, knew it was good from seeing videos but seeing it now on my tv is something else music and enviroment sound is just so immersive. No regrets just getting the Wii U version I just can't afford €460 at the minute. Portable play would have been handy but a game like this is best played on a big tv and proper sound system so my Wii U is perfect.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    Getting a bit emotional playing this I'll be honest, giving me the feels of Ocarina and being young again combined, it's gorgeous....

Every time I try sit down and play it my phone rings or the cat starts headbutting me for food, that never happened back in the N64 days... :P

Same bought OOT at launch and played it for over 24hrs straight :eek: no way can I do that now. Have 2 hrs til the kids and wife get home from school then I'll be expected to cook dinner and do jobs around the house. :(

Advertisement