Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

sligeach wrote: »

my amazon Wiiu order has being saying preparing for dispatch since yesterday morning. still saying Arriving 7 Mar - 8 Mar since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm liking the save anywhere feature as you can play for 10 minutes or an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Took the plunge and got the last copy for the Wii U in Argos Wexford.
    Told myself I wasn't getting this until I got a Switch later but seeing the reviews trickle out the last few days and following this thread has convinced me otherwise!
    Now just need to get home, get the kids (and wife) to bed and get stuck in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ryath wrote: »
    It is stunning, knew it was good from seeing videos but seeing it now on my tv is something else music and enviroment sound is just so immersive. No regrets just getting the Wii U version I just can't afford €460 at the minute. Portable play would have been handy but a game like this is best played on a big tv and proper sound system so my Wii U is perfect.

Same bought OOT at launch and played it for over 24hrs straight :eek: no way can I do that now. Have 2 hrs til the kids and wife get home from school then I'll be expected to cook dinner and do jobs around the house. :(

Except that, if you buy in Smyth's, it'll cost you €395.A Link to the Smyth's
    Some decent though non-Zelda titles in Argos too. A Link to the Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Email from GameSeek.
    Firstly, we'd like to once again thank you for your order for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NintendoWiiU). We do appreciate it!

As you may be aware we have had a massive launch of the Nintendo Switch Console. Despite people's expectations (including our own) Nintendo made plenty of consoles to go around, which was superb. Unfortunately they don't seem to have had the same success with the games. We are only getting a small portion of our allocation of the WiiU Zelda for release. The rest of the stock will arrive on release day (Friday). We appreciate that this will cause some disappointment, but hope you understand that retailers are at the mercy of the suppliers when it comes to new releases as it's the one time you are selling stock you haven't received yet hoping the suppliers deliver on their promises.
    Occasionally they let people down (often through no fault of their own) but it's ultimately our responsibility to let you know.
    so not sure when I'll get the new Zelda for WiiU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you ordered online with Smyths and have the time, they will let you collect it, return it and sell it back to you at the discounted price without any fuss.

However, if the woman next to you is doing the same thing, and she has a Neon console that you regret not ordering, don't expect any help from the counter staff when you ask them to sell you hers when it's returned to stock. They're very unreasonable...

about 40 mins of wandering around trying to get all the high-up apples, found a tiny my-first-bokoblin-camp and took them out, ninja style. Broke a lot of weapons trying to break into their larder behind hte camp... I was a big fan of Oni on the PC way back when, I'm loving the grab-a-weapon mechanic. And it's just gorgeous to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think sligeach is right about Nintendo making the Wii u version very limited, especially if multiple sources are reporting it.

No excuse for Amazon taking too many pre-orders though, and even less excuse for not updating those preorder statuses accurately.

Oh well still got some serious time to do on TP. Bit of a slog, just on the 2nd mirror piece mission in the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Except that, if you buy in Smyth's, it'll cost you €395.A Link to the Smyth's
    Some decent though non-Zelda titles in Argos too. A Link to the Argos

Actually €385! I'd almost certainly would get the pro controller too though. Just can' afford broke enough at minute and car insurance is due in a few weeks. CEX are offering €45 for Wii U version if I do change my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

I bought a physical copy of Zelda. There's no instruction book in the box. I see a space for one. Did anyone else get an instruction book?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ryath wrote: »

Same bought OOT at launch and played it for over 24hrs straight :eek: no way can I do that now. Have 2 hrs til the kids and wife get home from school then I'll be expected to cook dinner and do jobs around the house. :(

Stick a few apples on the fire. Cooked apples give over a heart! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

hernie wrote: »
    I bought a physical copy of Zelda. There's no instruction book in the box. I see a space for one. Did anyone else get an instruction book?

Games don't come with instruction books no more generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

No, got mine in argos and didn't get one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Switch or Wii-U? None in the Wii-U version anyway. Rarely get instruction book these days I thought, usually just rubbish warranty leaflet or instruction card to go check out the manual in game or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

No physical manuals anymore, just online. I have the Wii U version on my desk in work since lunch time. I've read the back cover about 20 times. At least a few years ago I could have tortured myself by reading about the controls, the different enemies and maybe even have a map to scour. Can't even access the website in work to download the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

They don't do instruction manuals anymore really.
    You should have got a slip detailing how to access the electronic manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

My god, breath of the wild is amazing. This is definitely an ocarina beater

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    No. I sent them an e-mail though about an hour ago asking what's happening.

Edit: Just checked my order and it now says "Dispatching soon".

I received the Email Of Death which basically repeated what was posted earlier.

Got a £5 consolation discount on my next purchase though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone gotten into the cooking much? I've been playing for a few days and have yet to bother with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Kirby wrote: »
    Stick a few apples on the fire. Cooked apples give over a heart! :D

Ah I can at least cook up a spicey meat and seafood fry!

My god, breath of the wild is amazing. This is definitely an ocarina beater

Woah! Hold on there chief. In your opinion it is. ;)

Looking forward to getting stuck into BOTW myself but OOT was the first 3D Zelda and just like Mario 64 it was a serious shift in the series and an incredible experience to play back then - something that can't be repeated. And yes, maybe my rose tinted glasses are working overtime. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Andrew76 wrote: »

Looking forward to getting stuck into BOTW myself but OOT was the first 3D Zelda and just like Mario 64 it was a serious shift in the series and an incredible experience to play back then - something that can't be repeated. And yes, maybe my rose tinted glasses are working overtime. :D

I agree with the OOT reference. This game makes me remember that magical time. And not a "Hey listen " to be heard

For me the best about this game is that I'm not working alone to complete it. Little ms sparks and me have a deal where all the main and side quest are done together but the foraging and item collecting is done separate whenever we can.

This game is not just a OOT beater it could very well beat ALTTP which is my fav Zelda of all times.

Is it better then Boulder Dash?

Time will tell

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I agree with the OOT reference. This game makes me remember that magical time. And not a "Hey listen " to be heard

For me the best about this game is that I'm not working alone to complete it. Little ms sparks and me have a deal where all the main and side quest are done together but the foraging and item collecting is done separate whenever we can.

This game is not just a OOT beater it could very well beat ALTTP which is my fav Zelda of all times.

Is it better then Boulder Dash?

Time will tell

Ah everyone is just swept up in the hype because it's been so long since the last console Zelda and it's finally gone open world. It's no Witcher 3 that's for sure! (Joking, I'm sure it's great.)

Boulder Dash - isn't that just an inferior Repton clone? :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It's no Witcher 3 that's for sure! (Joking, I'm sure it's great.)

Honestly im a bit overwhelmed at how vast the land is, i just spent the last hour running around a mountain surrounding the first village and had to stop myself from exploring anymore.. There is just so much to explore by the look of it.

I've played about 6-7 hours and i havent done much at all haha

One thing thats annoying me is the crappyness of the weapons and how they keep just breaking after 2-3 mobs :( Hoping obtaining the mastersword will nip that sh!t in the bud :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Oot may have been revolutionary in terms of 2d to 3d, but botw is the revolution of zelda.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I kind of think this will be a ocarina beater. The non linear nature and how you gave multiple ways to approach each situation is something the linear ocarina never replicated. There's just so much discovery and exploration that's been missing from the series since the first game. I think will it be a link to the past beater is the real question!

Find the combat a lot of fun. It reminds me of metal gear with how many options you have. I was sneaking up on some bad guys about to whack them in the back. Heard a buzzing noise and saw a bee hive near them so threw my spear at it. It actually worked!

This game is such a departure from regular zelda that it's as big a shift as ocarina was. It really brings back the adventure and puts it back in the players hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I received the Email Of Death which basically repeated what was posted earlier.

Got a £5 consolation discount on my next purchase though.

I haven't gotten any email yet, still just says preparing for dispatch.
    when did you place your order

nix wrote: »
    One thing thats annoying me is the crappyness of the weapons and how they keep just breaking after 2-3 mobs :( Hoping obtaining the mastersword will nip that sh!t in the bud :P

Yeah hopefully that changes the further you get into the game as I do like loot based games.

Anyone know if it's possible to craft new weapons and armour in this game? And to be able to keep them? Don't mind having to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Amazon are a joke. Saying that the same delivery date still stands of 7-8 march, and that they will use a faster shipping method to ensure it arrives on that date. How about shipping on the day it's released rather than delaying it for 2 days just so it fits into your delivery date window....
    Won't order games from them again that I want on release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah hopefully that changes the further you get into the game as I do like loot based games.

Anyone know if it's possible to craft new weapons and armour in this game? And to be able to keep them? Don't mind having to repair.

I'm not finding it too annoying. I usually have no room in my inventory for other weapons. Keeps you on your toes at least. Might get more anmoying further in though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

jos22 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any email yet, still just says preparing for dispatch.
    when did you place your order

Mid January.

Advertisement