Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

sligeach wrote: »
    I didn't ask for compensation. I did send them a complaint e-mail yesterday. Maybe that was their way of compensating me for the extra wait. I'd much rather have the game than £5. But c'est la vie!

Send them an e-mail and you'll probably get the £5 voucher as well.

I did send them an email... no mention of a voucher!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Tell you what. I don't know if they sent me a reply either as I haven't checked but try this. Place an item in your basket, go to check-out and as far as "dispatch", see if there's a £5 discount applied. Try it on a video game related item as sometimes these vouchers are category specific. It's how I seen that I got the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

About five/six hours in now and the one thing that has me left slightly disappointed so far is the soundtrack. Maybe it gets better though, it's still very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

About five/six hours in now and the one thing that has me left slightly disappointed so far is the soundtrack. Maybe it gets better though, it's still very early.

It's different to what we're used to. A lot of focus has been put, and rightly IMO, on the sound effects in the wide, open world. It adds to the sense of exploration and wonder I think, and is totally in fitting with the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I got an email about the fiver. I didn't send them a complaint email though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gamespot have a comparison video as well.

Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - Wii U vs Switch Graphics Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUSKTp_uvHQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How do you cook stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

How do you cook stuff?

Put a torch to the cooking pot.
    Go to your inventory for food, select and item and select hold,
    pick more items to mix (up to 5) with each other and select hold again,
    then select cook.

Edit: Wasn't sure whether to spoiler it or not, guess not based on the other replies below, spoiler removed :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How do you cook stuff?

In the menu, hold the items you want to cook and chuck them in a pot with a fire beneath it.

It's the one thing I wished the game explained a tad more explicitly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

How do you cook stuff?

Go to the items menu, click an item and select 'hold'. do this with a few to combine. then press whatever button 'return to game' is.
    You have to stand beside a pot that has a fire lit under it.
    You'll get the cook prompt.

• Advertisement

In the menu, hold the items you want to cook and chuck them in a pot with a fire beneath it.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Put a torch to the cooking pot.
    Go to your inventory for food, select and item and select hold,
    pick more items to mix (up to 5) with each other and select hold again,
    then select cook.

Edit: Wasn't sure whether to spoiler it or not, guess not based on the other replies below, spoiler removed :P
    Go to the items menu, click an item and select 'hold'. do this with a few to combine. then press whatever button 'return to game' is.
    You have to stand beside a pot that has a fire lit under it.
    You'll get the cook prompt.

Oh ok, thanks. They should explain that better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still not sure whether to get the special edition, can't see the point of the statue, I am sure the cd is class though. Am really looking forward to playing this as soon as I am able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Oh ok, thanks. They should explain that better.

Flint and wood will make a fire, drop food beside the fire to cook it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I actually really love the music and how it's used. It's not the usual big bombastic themes but what is there and how it's used is just sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I actually really love the music and how it's used. It's not the usual big bombastic themes but what is there and how it's used is just sublime.

Yeah I agree. For the amount of time I've spent playing this, if it was the same big epic songs being constantly played over and over it would drive you mad eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So is it actually true that the game as a whole performs better on the Wii U?!

Reading that it's uncomfortable to play using the joy cons too.

Reading that it's uncomfortable to play using the joy cons too.

Nope, joy cons are super.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Saw a shooting star which left something in an area I don't have access to yet which is quite annoying!

Was it the crow from below?
    The dove from above?
    The beast from the east?
    The vest from the west??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Not exactly, But Digital foundry did a comparison and found that in some areas the wiiu version actually has a better frame rate. The opposite is usually true though.

And very surprisingly in some areas the wiiu even loads faster, which is crazy to me seeing as it's cartridge vs disc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If you
    climb to the top of Mount Hylia, the higher peak beside Keh Namut Shrine, Old man should give you something that looks like the classic green tunic. Cold resistant too. Think the Hylian Trousers/boots were in a chest somewhere in the ruins leading up to the first waypoint.

Is that still available after
    you find out he's the king and get the paraglider
    ? Presume I climbed the correct mountain but it only has some stones on top, got a gem or something from searching but no sign of the old man.

Also, picked up a stone back up near the start and found my first rupees! Get in. :)

• Advertisement

I found the boomerang! Classic style!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the wiiu versus switch comparison of BotW isn't fair. The game was made for the power PC architecture and ported to the very different architecture of the switch (ARM I think?). BotW really won't be utilising or performing on the switch to its fullest as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was playing for hours, still only just barely got the tutorial rolling. Scoping out Bokoblin camps and murdering them is just too much fun. But those other yokes have such an outrageously long line of sight. Any time I go within half a map of them the danger music strikes up and I'm sprinting for a tree or wall... Am I the only one to die 3 times trying to get down the Tower? Those balconies are not conveniently located at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I found the boomerang! Classic style!

Just got it. And found an aul capaill!

Banjo wrote: »
    Was playing for hours, still only just barely got the tutorial rolling. Scoping out Bokoblin camps and murdering them is just too much fun. But those other yokes have such an outrageously long line of sight. Any time I go within half a map of them the danger music strikes up and I'm sprinting for a tree or wall... Am I the only one to die 3 times trying to get down the Tower? Those balconies are not conveniently located at all!

Nope. Me too. I've already died probably more times than...well, loads of times. Need more hearts.

Need more rupees too, bejaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nope. Me too. I've already died probably more times than...well, loads of times. Need more hearts.

Oh I managed to die a good dozen times in the first 2 hours, mostly to death lazors and Newton being a dick (why did he have to go and invent gravity?).

So far have about 10 of the towers unlocked, and took a great deal of Solid Snaking past Guardians for some. No sign of cardboard boxes but did find huge barrels to put over you like in Wind Waker.

Also,
    stumbled into the Lost Woods, got lost, found my way through and found the Master Sword.....to weak pull it out yet
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

There's a slight bit of an in-game tutorial.
    Did you talk to the old man in his home near the shrine where you get the "time" thingy? He kinda teaches you a few of the basics and u get some interesting ingredients.

Also, I haven't checked but can two people have different save games side by side? I need this at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is that still available after
    you find out he's the king and get the paraglider
    ? Presume I climbed the correct mountain but it only has some stones on top, got a gem or something from searching but no sign of the old man.

Also, picked up a stone back up near the start and found my first rupees! Get in. :)

It was from before
    he revealed his identity. Just after getting the first 4 orbs. Seems to be one of a few ways to get it. Another is making him some spicy fish recipe. Apparently (reading this elsewhere, haven't tried it) if you're post-paraglider, if you go back to his log cabin there will be a chest in it with the warm doublet. Failing that,it can be bought in Hateno Village.
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Also, I haven't checked but can two people have different save games side by side? I need this at the moment.

I started playing this with my nephew watching so was stuck with this problem too, as I didn't wanna go too far ahead.

On wii u, there doesn't seem to be option for another save game, but the autosave function will allow you to roll back to a certain point.

One option is to restart the game in another user account.

Not necessarily a bad thing mind you, as I'm catching stuff I missed and going about things slightly differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As somebody who played Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword without dying a single time, the damage the enemies do is quite refreshing. I think this, coupled with the fact that I've only upgraded stamina three times and not hearts has led to multiple deaths. I've falled down a mountain once, drowned about 10 times, and been killed in combat another 10 or so times.

Very un Zelda like. There is sh*t in this that one shots you. Almost souls-esque! :D

Advertisement