Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Think the Blood Moon is for everyone, I got it anyway.

Don't think you can craft arrows
    but you can buy them from Beedle at the stable after Duelling Peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Is that "Blood Moon" video a triggered event that everyone gets or have I walked into some bad juju...
    Is there a way to craft arrows? I keep running out and I'm not finding them with the same frequency I did up on the plateau.

The spoilered bit happens to everyone and it:
    resurrects all the enemies you killed, great idea that keeps the world from becoming empty and void of threats!

As for the arrows, there's a really easy way to get more, but I'll spoiler it too in case people want to find this out for themselves:
    Hold up a wooden shield and let an archer pelt away at it. When you put it away, you get the arrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Damn you all with this talk of Zelda.

Woke up Sat morning, read thread, decided to buy switch, stock in local argos (didnt reserve), rocked up first in queue when doors opened, no stock, enter depression, got over it, decided I didn't need Zelda just now, I could wait a few weeks, spend next 3 days reading thread, occasionally checking stock levels, spot stock of switch and zelda in argos beside office... cha ching... hurry up and end work day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got this on Saturday, and it's amazing. One of the best games i've played in a long time. It looks and sounds incredible, and is a joy to play. So many different things to do, and ways to do them. Only finished the first proper dungeon there, and looking forward to going further into it. The story is fun as well. I'm amazed at how well it looks when in handheld format as well.

It really suffers frame rate drops at times though, which are very bad. It's thankfully rare enough though, so not a major issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You can also do a Solid Snake if you find any big barrels lying about. :)

Yeah, I noticed this and then promptly forgot. You'd think I'd remember seeing as Wind Waker is one of my favourite Zelda titles :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Kiith wrote: »
    Got this on Saturday, and it's amazing. One of the best games i've played in a long time. It looks and sounds incredible, and is a joy to play. So many different things to do, and ways to do them. Only finished the first proper dungeon there, and looking forward to going further into it. The story is fun as well. I'm amazed at how well it looks when in handheld format as well.

It really suffers frame rate drops at times though, which are very bad. It's thankfully rare enough though, so not a major issue.

I can't say I've seen any frame drops. The worst thing I saw was a chest hovering in mid air, and then the tree around it popped in! Have you done the update for both the Switch and Zelda?

Yeah, fully updated. It only seems to happen in dense grass or wooded areas. It drops down quite a bit though, and it noticeable for a minute or two, before i move on from that area.

It's rare though, so it's not a massive problem.

Both the Wii U and the Switch get that, a drop from the 30fps to 20fps randomly in some wooded/grassy areas. According to the DF piece, in different areas too.

The Switch doesn't get them at all in handheld mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Japan: Zelda Breath Of The Wild On Nintendo Switch Sold 193K Units At Retail

Sales data for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch is now in for Japan, thanks to Famitsu....
    https://mynintendonews.com/2017/03/07/japan-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-on-nintendo-switch-sold-193k-units-at-retail/

@Star Lord What's wrong with the story? It's not even long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

chrislad wrote: »
    I can't say I've seen any frame drops. The worst thing I saw was a chest hovering in mid air, and then the tree around it popped in! Have you done the update for both the Switch and Zelda?

No drops in handheld mode, loads in docked, surely you have noticed it?

A chest hovering in the air sounds like more of a glitch than anything....

sligeach wrote: »
    @Star Lord What's wrong with the story? It's not even long?

It's nothing to do with the length, but recreating articles in their entirety is considered copyright theft. I dropped you a PM to try to explain that. If you could keep such posts to the title/title and first line or two, with a link, that'd be perfect, but posting them in their entirety could land the site into hot water, legally.

Fieldog wrote: »

I've had similar before, some models load before others, usually no more than a split second but enough to notice something floating before the support loads or vice versa.

Only seems to happen to me when I approach an encounter or new area in an unusual way (gliding from one mountain peak to another, releasing and firing a fire arrow beneath me to create an updraft and then gliding further onto a Bokoblin camp for example). No different from climbing a mountain in Skyrim to tackle a dragon from behind and above instead of the intended path.*

The game must load in 'slices' and if you cross a corner of a 'slice' faster than intended, you'll catch a glimpse behind the curtain. I think it's happened a grand total of twice so far, always around encounters in dense areas.

*though that did result in a glitch as I'm pretty sure dragons can't fly backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I did notice it drops/freezes when I beat a moblin for some reason

Fieldog wrote: »

I've been more handheld than docked mode, but I've done about 4 hours docked vs maybe 8 handheld, and I think I *may* have seen some slowdown, but that was when I was jumping from a high peak and flying across half the map! I've mainly been exploring looking for Shrines, dipping in and out of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with the length, but recreating articles in their entirety is considered copyright theft. I dropped you a PM to try to explain that. If you could keep such posts to the title/title and first line or two, with a link, that'd be perfect, but posting them in their entirety could land the site into hot water, legally.

In Schlig's defence, he's received criticism in the past for only posting links/headlines on positive articles while posting more detail on negative stuff. I'm not saying that legally makes him right, I'm saying "the big kids made him do it!"

Star Lord wrote:
    Spoiler about arrows
    I think there's a limit of 4 or 5 to that - I've done the Arrow Dance a few times where you stand in front of a rock or just out of range so they hit the ground near you, I never get more than 4 or 5 per target. And I always return to sender :D BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just thought I'd drop by and say that this is the best Wii U game I've played and have a huge smile on my face playing it.
    Dying quite a lot though - I just can't resist a fight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

Hi All,

If you have any particular favorite weapons that you don't want to drop or want to save for later then...
    You can buy a house in Hateno Village. This is 3,000 rupees and 10 piles of wood.
    Once you have bought the house you can buy displays for your gear of 100 rupees each.
    You can display 3 melee weapons, 3 bows and 3 shields.
    Just equip the weapon you want to display and walk up to the empty display case

NinjaKirby wrote: »
    Hi All,

If you have any particular favorite weapons that you don't want to drop or want to save for later then...
    You can buy a house in Hateno Village. This is 3,000 rupees and 10 piles of wood.
    Once you have bought the house you can buy displays for your gear of 100 rupees each.
    You can display 3 melee weapons, 3 bows and 3 shields.
    Just equip the weapon you want to display and walk up to the empty display case

Ooh, I like that. Can you take the weapons down once they are 'displayed'?

Need to go mining for gems in that case :) I have 4k rupees or so but I'm constantly buying from that and then replenishing and have a few purchases lined up as well.

Rhyme wrote:
    Ooh, I like that. Can you take the weapons down once they are 'displayed'?

Need to go mining for gems in that case I have 4k rupees or so but I'm constantly buying from that and then replenishing and have a few purchases lined up as well.

Yup. You can go back and get them when you need them.

You can also
    Install a bed and a few other things

An easy way to get gems is to
    find the Stone Talus boss on the great plateau, climb up his back and smash the rock on this back with the iron sledgehammer, there is one right outside the house in Hateno Village actually, he'll drop a bunch of gems. I kill that thing immediately after every blood moon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Is there a simple solution to thorns blocking towers, shrines, etc. or is it a case of working out a way to glide over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Xofpod wrote: »
    Is there a simple solution to thorns blocking towers, shrines, etc. or is it a case of working out a way to glide over them?

I think I bombed some to bits when i was trying to win a fight by using bombs.

Great game this.

As far as I know those thorns only vanish after the shrine/tower has been cleared. Some can be climbed around and some glided over. I tried bombing the thorns of a shrine in the middle of a small lake with no effect. Fire arrows etc, no luck. Will have to return to that shrine later :/

I've glided over 2 or 3 of them so far. Bombs didn't do much iirc.

Did you know... You can start a fire on the ground and then jump and use the paraglider to ride the updraft into the air. Basically allowing you to take off from a standing position on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wait, sorry, it was those spiky stick yokes at a moblin gaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Xofpod wrote: »

Fire arrows, if you have none you can start a fire and light some normal arrows on fire.

If you dont know how to start a fire
    drop some wood on the ground, then drop some flint beside it, hit the flint with a metal weapon and it will start the fire, then just hold the bow with an arrow over it to light the arrow

Man, I love the way the world interacts. You know that setting fire to wood will burn it, but stuff like the last post, just highlights while it's obvious in a real world scenario, you wouldn't think to try it in a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Waiting for my amazon delivery of the Wii U version due Monday but hopefully might be delivered by this Friday. I'm regularly checking this thread in the meantime to give my imagination little doses of Zelda magic, I haven't been this excited to play a new game in I don't know how long! :)

• Advertisement

So a package arrived from Amazon this morning. Thought that's great, it's Zelda, sent Express Post as it was delayed in being sent on Thursday. I presumed the 2 games would be sent together, Zelda and SteamWorld Collection. But no it's just 1 game, so assumed it had to be Zelda, it's the new game, caused all the fuss. But as I'm opening it, I'm thinking surely not, they wouldn't do this.
    C6Uxy4UXQAA2TF5.jpg:small

They did. :mad: So this got Express Post while Zelda is in the snail mail. This order just keeps getting better. The game that I ordered alongside Zelda back in January, that they kept until now despite being available back then, so that they could save on postage by packing them together, now gets sent Express Post on its own. You bunch of ******* morons. The wait continues.

Advertisement