Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Spent hours last night rescuing a stupid horse from a stupid mountain, all because my kids love the damn thing.
    Worst game ever.
    Bring back the Phantom Hourglass....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Haven't seen anyone mention
    The Island
    yet, so let me be the first to hint at its Lord-of-the-flies awesomeness.

Dang I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just saw this posted on zelda subreddit, its a list of all the in game extras you get when using specific amiibos, might have to pick up one or two cus I really want some of that gear specifically twilight and ocarina stuff

http://imgur.com/a/QWNvr

I have seen a few sources say any and all non zelda amiibos will spawn chests or random non rare items too, each amiibo can only be used once a day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

elWizard wrote: »
    Haven't seen anyone mention
    The Island
    yet, so let me be the first to hint at its Lord-of-the-flies awesomeness.

Dang I love this game.

Is that the island that
    takes all your weapons away? Because f*ck that island. It even has trap chests that jump out of the ground and kill you. Will go back when I have more hearts and stamina but I will conquer that place. The nearby shrine with the Guardian is a pain in the ass as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just saw this posted on zelda subreddit, its a list of all the in game extras you get when using specific amiibos, might have to pick up one or two cus I really want some of that gear specifically twilight and ocarina stuff

http://imgur.com/a/QWNvr

Damn it now I have to buy some more amibo. Would be handy for weapons I had a decent collection amassed but I broke a load of them on mini boses and moblins stuck using bokoblin arms sometimes now. Wolf link is very handy to have
    when you need to carry a torch to keep you warm
    I have seen a few sources say any and all non zelda amiibos will spawn chests or random non rare items too, each amiibo can only be used once a day too.

Just tried out my Yoshi ones blue pink ones and green magayarn got 2 pieces of meat each and few shrooms and plants including 1 for each I hadn't seen before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

First full day off work since I got the Switch/Zelda.

Been playing on and off on the go but today is the day I'll be sinking some serious hours into this bad boy.

Now to find
    some locations from the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Rhyme wrote: »
    Is that the island that
    takes all your weapons away? Because f*ck that island. It even has trap chests that jump out of the ground and kill you. Will go back when I have more hearts and stamina but I will conquer that place. The nearby shrine with the Guardian is a pain in the ass as well.

Oh yeah.
    (I had to abandon it too but soon, soon...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ryath wrote: »
    Wolf link is very handy to have

also
    leads you to shrines when sheika sensor goes off!

That_Guy wrote: »
    First full day off work since I got the Switch/Zelda.

Been playing on and off on the go but today is the day I'll be sinking some serious hours into this bad boy.

Now to find
    some locations from the camera.

If you find the painter who is around Kakariko as well as other places, you can show him the pictures and he gives you clues (eg. "go North of Mountain X and into Valley Y you'll come across Junction Z, go East and you'll find it").

Once you get close enough to the actual spot, there'll be a little glowing patch on the ground. The flashbacks are really interesting,
    loads of the stuff from trailers is from them.

You get flashbacks associated with the Divine Beasts as well. Have only done the Van Ruta so far so only know about that one. Powering myself up a bit before tackling the camel Divine Beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How do you show photo's you have taken with the camera

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    How do you show photo's you have taken with the camera

If it's to the painter you want to show them; the way it worked for me was that he wanted a photo of a Fairy Fountain and gave directions to one and then the next time I saw him, he offered to look at the camera. It happened automatically from there. He's guided me to one so far (a second I found by myself by looking at the aspect of Death Mountain and what was in the photo and working from there).

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What I did was
    I got my second horse from the stables and they said they would take care of the other one. So they must magically transport them. this was after I teleported and the horse didn't teleport with me.
    Oh and I find you can navigate mountains with them if you hold L2 while moving

Woot, I swung back by
    the stable and it said my stuck horse was "taken out", but I selected to take it out anyway. Turned around and it was waiting for me. :D I'm super happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Absolutely loving this game! Keep discovering some new things and I have started pinning places where I come across a large group of enemies or even just a single tough enemy.

Love if there were a few more pin types so that I could mark other things as well.

Troll info:
    Anyone come across some huge troll thing lying down on the ground who wakes up when you hit him? He's huge!

Chicken info:
    Tried the classic hitting a chicken over and over again and as expected a plague of them come to attack you lol

kingtut wrote: »
    Troll info:
    Anyone come across some huge troll thing lying down on the ground who wakes up when you hit him? He's huge!

That's a Hinox, there are a few dotted around the world. A good bow and a bit of distance takes care of him as they take more damage than you think. Eye is the weak point, obviously, and it stuns them for a while. There is one just South of the Akkala tower that you can pepper with arrows from the walls of the fortress easily enough.

They're a great source of items and weapons as well, randomly assigned I'd say but still handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just beat my first Hinox to be battered by two of them reptile lads that spit at you,
    Finding aiming with the bow difficult is it just giro or both right stick and giro?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just beat my first Hinox to be battered by two of them reptile lads that spit at you,
    Finding aiming with the bow difficult is it just giro or both right stick and giro?

It's both! I find getting the general aim with the stick, then fine tuning with the gyro controls to work best! Don't forget that gravity takes effect too, so if targeting over a distance, aim higher!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

There was people talking about being unable to get places coz of thorns surrounding the items.
    eh... Fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ive turned off gyro cus it was annoying me too much, i just use z targeting and if you dont touch the right stick it locks onto the head pretty nicely although you do need to be quick

How are people getting money? Is it just by selling items? i find I get very few rupees for stuff unless I'm selling diamonds/ores etc which are not that common to find.

Also my weapons break all the time, I often find I'm in a battle with only a feckin leaf (or a bow and no arrows!)
    That's a Hinox, there are a few dotted around the world. A good bow and a bit of distance takes care of him as they take more damage than you think. Eye is the weak point, obviously, and it stuns them for a while. There is one just South of the Akkala tower that you can pepper with arrows from the walls of the fortress easily enough.

They're a great source of items and weapons as well, randomly assigned I'd say but still handy.

Awesome thanks!! :)

The_B_Man wrote: »
    There was people talking about being unable to get places coz of thorns surrounding the items.
    eh... Fire!

Yup, spent about 20 minutes trying every combination of gliding and climbing and bombs etc to do away with the thorns. Only thought of
    fire
    when someone mentioned it on here. Did find out that ordinary
    wood fires that you set yourself have no associated updraft, only bigger fires or grass fires.

Stormed Akkala fortress last night, climbed all over the fecking thing only to be thwarted by rain so glided down, killed the Hinox below and went West in the gully. Found a guy fighting a moblin, helped him out got a bit of backstory about the fortress. Glided across, dodged the Guardian drone flying-things, killed a few painted Bokoblins, solved a small puzzle (using magnesis in the end) and got to the top of the tower. Very satisfying.

Stole a horse from a Bokoblin on the spiral jetty in the North East and thrashed his buddies only to have the horse die :( Got another one and lodged it in the nearest stable.

Not far from reaching the second row of hearts and the climbing gear and stamina potions makes any climb (if planned properly) very doable. Going to complete a few more shrines as well as some side-quests and then tackle the desert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

:(

I went to work

Your life sounds better...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thanks all for the advice on
    Waterblight Ganon, I nailed him last night, for anyone else struggling with this encounter the good advice was: You can use the Ice Rune to smash the Ice Blocks and not have to use / waste arrows. It is important you hit him in the eye, 2 hits knocks him out for a bit and you can swim over as fast as you can and melee him for a good while. For Phase 1 just successfully time a good dodge on 2 attacks and flurry him, you only need to do this twice to get half his health and move him onto Phase 2. In total you need to flurry him twice in phase 1 and get him on the floor twice in phase 2 to kill him. If you manage to get him from 1/4 health to dead the second time you knock him down then you avoid phase 2B where he gets the guardian laser ability, you can also use Ice Blocks to block this / hide behind.

Banjo wrote: »
    :(

I went to work

Your life sounds better...

I'm in work now, Hyrule is beckoning :/

Have a half day tomorrow so I'm going to try and start the Desert tonight, clear it tomorrow if I can and then go back to beefing Link up so I can nab
    the Master Sword in the Korok Forest.

Everything else is wandering around and getting sucked into adventures.

Shrine:
    Anyone come across the shrine surrounded by flowers? The woman is hilarious and beats you to a pulp if you keep standing on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just checked the How-Long-To-Beat figures on it (yesterday there was only 1 entry, today there is 19, so better input) and was surprised that it sits at 30-40 hours in a good way :)

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38019

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I can see myself putting a lot more into it.
    Particularly if I keep getting distracted.
    Oh look, a mountain, wonder what's on top? The you get to the top, take a look around and decide to go somewhere else. Before you know it you're on the opposite side of the map.:pac:

kingtut wrote: »
    Shrine:
    Anyone come across the shrine surrounded by flowers? The woman is hilarious and beats you to a pulp if you keep standing on them :D

That sounds great, whereabouts is that?

I get the feeling that without a stupid amount of time or a guide, I'll never see more than 3/4 of what the game has to offer so always glad to hear about weird occurrences in the vein of "oh that skeleton is only alive on certain days" or "there is a deity statue in a lake inside a mountain only accessible by paragliding" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gouche wrote: »
    I can see myself putting a lot more into it.
    Particularly if I keep getting distracted.
    Oh look, a mountain, wonder what's on top? The you get to the top, take a look around and decide to go somewhere else. Before you know it you're on the opposite side of the week.:pac:

Fixed that there.

Had to google as I never remember where I was lol :D

Google says:
    It's the Hila Rao Shrine and it's located on the Floret Sandbar (visible after activating the dueling peaks tower)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I get the feeling that without a stupid amount of time or a guide, I'll never see more than 3/4 of what the game has to offer so always glad to hear about weird occurrences in the vein of "oh that skeleton is only alive on certain days" or "there is a deity statue in a lake inside a mountain only accessible by paragliding" etc.

Its after u exit the plateu, head to the tower at the peaks and check ur map when there. Should be a shrine to the left of that surrounded by water. She's a mad 1 altogether

Advertisement