Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Its after u exit the plateu, head to the tower at the peaks and check ur map when there. Should be a shrine to the left of that surrounded by water. She's a mad 1 altogether

I saw that.......but was afraid to try and either swim or glide out to it......had assumed there would be no way in hell I'd make it! With the pins, when a shrine is done\completed should I remove the pin from it?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

madmoe wrote: »
    I saw that.......but was afraid to try and either swim or glide out to it......had assumed there would be no way in hell I'd make it! With the pins, when a shrine is done\completed should I remove the pin from it?

Thanks,
    M

I'd recommend removing the pin, sure when it has been activated / completed you can warp there anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

kingtut wrote: »
    I'd recommend removing the pin, sure when it has been activated / completed you can warp there anyway

That's what I was thinking and thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Was just after completing a shrine and when I tried to leave I kept getting hit by lightning. I was wondering what the heck was going on until I noticed I had a metal weapon equipped that was attracting the lightning, changed to the torch and was able to head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

madmoe wrote: »

Thanks,
    M

I find handy thats if it looks like a long swim, thrown down few ice blocks on the water so you can rest half way. Just make sure to have enough stamina to climb it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Was just after completing a shrine and when I tried to leave I kept getting hit by lightning. I was wondering what the heck was going on until I noticed I had a metal weapon equipped that was attracting the lightning, changed to the torch and was able to head off.

Well spotted

Bit of advice though. Do not stand in water or under trees when lightning is about.

Oh and for death mountain make sure you have bomb arrows ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Man, even the divine beasts are as brilliantly designed as the rest.

This is so many notches above the competition I'm increasingly of the opinion that Nintendo is actively being rude to other developers by making them look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I find handy thats if it looks like a long swim, thrown down few ice blocks on the water so you can rest half way. Just make sure to have enough stamina to climb it

Just did two shrines that needed that. I'm loving the shrines some of the puzzles are just so clever.

Just to add you won't be short of meat with Wolf link!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

So this is my 1st Zelda game I was reading reviews about how big the map was I was like ok but its not THAT big.
    Ive realised the reason being, I thought that 1st area I started in was the entire map! When I completed the 4 shrines and had to go to the village I couldnt understand why I couldnt see the marker until I zoomed out and out and out!!
    Holy crap its absolutely massive :D
    Gonna take me a good while to get through it but im liking the way I can just pick up and play here and there its not really a game I would spend hours at a time... Yet! :D

By the way... Are the amiibos worth it? Ive never used them before.. can they be used more than once in the game??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is so many notches above the competition I'm increasingly of the opinion that Nintendo is actively being rude to other developers by making them look bad.

A bad week to release Horizon Zero Dawn, with it getting superb 9/10s and BotW getting 10s all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

OK I'm not reading this thread much with the risk of spoilers and I'm only about 7 hours in but I think I'm actually in love with this game.
    Every single thing it asks me to do I do with a smile and not once has any side mission felt like grinding.
    I could spend hours galloping around on my wild horse just looking around. I'm so fond of my spotty horse that I don't think I want to find epona and have to say goodbye to my old friend.

Best game I've ever played hands down.

Ocarina of time stuck with me for many years, humming the songs and getting goosebumps hearing eponas songs but parts were annoying and I just did them to progress but this is so different, so amazing, I just wana play all day.
    My missus said she hates the switch cause since I got it I'm not listening to her and I'm lost in the game:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

LauraW7746 wrote:
    So this is my 1st Zelda game I was reading reviews about how big the map was I was like ok but its not THAT big. Ive realised the reason being, I thought that 1st area I started in was the entire map! When I completed the 4 shrines and had to go to the village I couldnt understand why I couldnt see the marker until I zoomed out and out and out!! Holy crap its absolutely massive Gonna take me a good while to get through it but im liking the way I can just pick up and play here and there its not really a game I would spend hours at a time... Yet!

I'm hoping Nintendo release older Zelda games for download. They're not quite on this scale but big games. Graphics will look dated but if they are released I can't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm hoping they redux Skyward sword so its a seamless open world like this with islands in the sky and plenty going on on the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This game is kicking my ass. It's bloody hard. I've seen the game over screen five times in the last 20 minutes.

Better get back to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just saw this posted on zelda subreddit, its a list of all the in game extras you get when using specific amiibos, might have to pick up one or two cus I really want some of that gear specifically twilight and ocarina stuff

http://imgur.com/a/QWNvr

Never used an amiibo, but do you have to scan them in every time you play?

In relation to this game specifically, would it be possible to scan an amiibo once to get a specific outfit, and then you'd get to keep it from then on, providing you didn't sell it in game?

Some of them look to be expensive enough now, so it seems like people could make a quick buck offering to scan them in for people :pac:

I'm in need of some shrine help.

I can't remember which one it is, as I completed it, and it's blue now but i'm after the treasure chest, which was located after the orb.
    The task is to use stasis to whack little metal balls across a drop, over to the hole on another platform.
    Could do the first one alright, but the post-orb one I couldn't get,even after going through 3 metal hammers.
    Five whacks with the hammer the ball falls short, six seems to be too many and it hits the platform too fast and bounces past it.

Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about and could help me out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I feel sorry for Guerrilla. They finally make a game worth playing and then Zelda blows it out of the water. Then I remember the millions of copies Horizon sold and don't feel sorry for them any more.

Some early glitches from Son of a Glitch:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Never used an amiibo, but do you have to scan them in every time you play?
    Scanned my smash link today for first time, got epona. Scanned ganondorf, got random ****e. Think most of the costume drops are the rare version of the random drops, so you don't need to own the amiibo but you need a lot of luck or rental will get expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    So a package arrived from Amazon this morning. Thought that's great, it's Zelda, sent Express Post as it was delayed in being sent on Thursday. I presumed the 2 games would be sent together, Zelda and SteamWorld Collection. But no it's just 1 game, so assumed it had to be Zelda, it's the new game, caused all the fuss. But as I'm opening it, I'm thinking surely not, they wouldn't do this.
    C6Uxy4UXQAA2TF5.jpg:small

They did. So this got Express Post while Zelda is in the snail mail. This order just keeps getting better. The game that I ordered alongside Zelda back in January, that they kept until now despite being available back then, so that they could save on postage by packing them together, now gets sent Express Post on its own. You bunch of ******* morons. The wait continues.

Wrote to Amazon again about their **** up in sending the wrong game by Express Post. In fairness, their customer service has been very good. In addition to the £5 voucher that we got for the delay, they're giving me a £5 goodwill refund as an apology for their mistake. It's sent untracked and due to arrive next Monday but they've contacted the courier(ASENDIA_FLAT) and asked them to deliver it as soon as possible and to contact me with an update asap. Haven't heard from them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Wrote to Amazon again about their **** up in sending the wrong game by Express Post. In fairness, their customer service has been very good. In addition to the £5 voucher that we got for the delay, they're giving me a £5 goodwill refund as an apology for their mistake. It's sent untracked and due to arrive next Monday but they've contacted the courier(ASENDIA_FLAT) and asked them to deliver it as soon as possible and to contact me with an update asap. Haven't heard from them though.

I would return and feck the tenner.

Game on release is more important than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Next Monday, christ you got swindled. Feckers should be coughing up more than they did :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

"When Iwata passed away, there were moments we’d come up with an idea which we’d be excited to talk to Iwata about. Then we’d remember he was no longer here. Miyamoto told me it was the same for him. He’d come up with an idea at the weekend and would feel excited to speak to Iwata about it on Monday, only to remember. The sadness runs deep. This is approaching spiritual talk, but we had the sense that he was watching over our work. That became a source of motivation, a drive for us to improve and be better."

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/the-dazzling-reinvention-of-zelda

• Progression is so slow in this. I'm surprised not alot are complaining about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you want a 5 hour game, play COD. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

sligeach wrote:

Asendia are a joke. Search boards for many stories about them losing items. I waited nearly two months for a game from them. It went missing twice en route and finally i got a supervisor on the phone and demanded delivery asap. It was sent by an post registered and took two days. If you have a customer service email there is a link you can click to say your problem was not solved and they will call you back. Stay on the phone and demand to talk to a supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Asendia are a joke. Search boards for many stories about them losing items. I waited nearly two months for a game from them. It went missing twice en route and finally i got a supervisor on the phone and demanded delivery asap. It was sent by an post registered and took two days. If you have a customer service email there is a link you can click to say your problem was not solved and they will call you back. Stay on the phone and demand to talk to a supervisor.

Seriously, do not accept deliver by asendia. They are incompetent.

• Mr E wrote: »
    If you want a 5 hour game, play COD. :D

I've played for 12!
    And I don't play COD!
    Eat it maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Made it into
    Gerudo City
    last night with a spot of cross-dressing. Link is now a pretty-pretty-princess.

Found that flower shrine as well, crushed a flower on the way out and that lady was not pleased... so I stole her boat.

Progression is as slow as it needs to be so players are prepared for the extent of the game. A quick tutorial and then off to the main map would lump this in with other open world sandbox games and all of their associated problems. Dark Souls does the same thing, it doesn't let baby rush ahead until baby is good and ready or else they get their head squashed by end-game enemies (that are within 5 minutes of the starting plateau).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Progression is so slow in this. I'm surprised not alot are complaining about it.

It really depends on what your definition of progression in such a non linear open world is?

• VinLieger wrote: »
    It really depends on what your definition of progression in such a non linear open world is?

I still only have 4 hearts & a small stamina boost.
    I'm enjoying the Shrines but music is starting to do my head in!
    I've completed 14 Shrines now

I have yet to fight anything of interest or any type of boss character etc
    The re-spawning guys are getting repetitive in a bad way

Mission:
    Completed the tablet upgrade and now am heading for the four divine beasts

I'm 12 hours in and yea I have been expecting more from what I have played so far. No stand out moment as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm up with the Zora domain, they want me to climb some mountain fight some big yoke, I've 4 hearts and 2 stamina I just need one more shrine for another heart, I've stocked up on a few fairys.
    After you visit Zora's domain ois it forever raining until i beat the devine beast?

Advertisement