Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Asendia are a joke. Search boards for many stories about them losing items. I waited nearly two months for a game from them. It went missing twice en route and finally i got a supervisor on the phone and demanded delivery asap. It was sent by an post registered and took two days. If you have a customer service email there is a link you can click to say your problem was not solved and they will call you back. Stay on the phone and demand to talk to a supervisor.

So do they deliver from start to finish(right to my door)? Do they not look after the UK end of delivery and then An Post deliver it when it arrives in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'm up with the Zora domain, they want me to climb some mountain fight some big yoke, I've 4 hearts and 2 stamina I just need one more shrine for another heart, I've stocked up on a few fairys.
    After you visit Zora's domain ois it forever raining until i beat the devine beast?
    It only rains constantly in Zora's domain, everywhere else has a normal weather cycle according to where it is (cold in snowy area, hot in desert area etc). You only need to finish the 'external' part of the Divine Beast to stop the rain.

The guy up the mountain doesn't have to be killed, you just need to sneak around and take the shock arrows embedded in trees and rocks until you have 20 (there are five stuck in the tree at the very top of the hill as well). The centaur guy roaming around up there is an absolute bastard, hits like a train and can see you from miles off. I'll be going back to kill him later on. If you have the camera rune, be sure you snap a picture of him so you can quickly finish a side quest later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

Banjo wrote: »
    Scanned my smash link today for first time, got epona. Scanned ganondorf, got random ****e. Think most of the costume drops are the rare version of the random drops, so you don't need to own the amiibo but you need a lot of luck or rental will get expensive...

You do realise the Ganandorf amibo causes you to take double damage, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'll be going back to kill him later on. If you have the camera rune, be sure you snap a picture of him so you can quickly finish a side quest later on.

Done and done *spits on corpse*

:D

Jason2379 wrote: »
    You do realise the Ganandorf amibo causes you to take double damage, yeah?

I've Googled that and all I can find is the amiibo causing double-damage when scanned in Twilight Princess, not in Breath of the Wild. Can anyone test this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

I've Googled that and all I can find is the amiibo causing double-damage when scanned in Twilight Princess, not in Breath of the Wild. Can anyone test this?

Oh, maybe you're right. I've never used Amibo, never been one of those figurine kind of guys so I could be wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I still only have 4 hearts & a small stamina boost.
    I'm enjoying the Shrines but music is starting to do my head in!
    I've completed 14 Shrines now

I have yet to fight anything of interest or any type of boss character etc
    The re-spawning guys are getting repetitive in a bad way

Mission:
    Completed the tablet upgrade and now am heading for the four divine beasts

I'm 12 hours in and yea I have been expecting more from what I have played so far. No stand out moment as of yet.

The world and openness I think is the stand out moment for most people, im just having fun exploring and getting distracted by shiny things. I do grab every shrine I see, currently at about 6 hearts with 2 stamina upgrades, ill be going for stamina only from now on.

Progression for me is turning it on, spotting a shrine or place I think there might be something interesting at and managing to get to that spot without dying. In many cases its a puzzle in itself to figure out how to get from a to b due to stamina limitations, too many mobs to fight, climbing being impossible due to rain etc

I think if your expecting marked linear progression like in previous Zelda games where "now you've finished this temple you need to go do this and that will lead to this and thats really your only option" then its not really the game for you. Like it definitely can be played that way but when theres such a massive world to explore along the way im not sure why you would.

Never used an amiibo, but do you have to scan them in every time you play?

In relation to this game specifically, would it be possible to scan an amiibo once to get a specific outfit, and then you'd get to keep it from then on, providing you didn't sell it in game?

Some of them look to be expensive enough now, so it seems like people could make a quick buck offering to scan them in for people :pac:

Once you scan the amiibo and get the item its in the game until you sell it or lose it in game, you don't need to keep rescanning the amiibo to reactivate or keep the item.

What you get from the amiibo is random afaik though so im not 100% if the first time you scan it you will even get the item you want.

VinLieger wrote: »
    I do grab every shrine I see, currently at about 6 hearts with 2 stamina upgrades, ill be going for stamina only from now on.
    You need a certain amount of hearts to get the Master Sword, if you go all stamina you may need to scour Hyrule for shrines to get the hearts required if you go all stamina. I've got two stamina upgrades, climbing bandana and climbing trousers and I've not needed a stamina potion since. Once I have the Master Sword I'll nab two more stamina upgrades so I can jump more around while climbing but I'd say that's all I'll need.

You need a certain amount of hearts to get the Master Sword, if you go all stamina you may need to scour Hyrule for shrines to get the hearts required if you go all stamina. I've got two stamina upgrades, climbing bandana and climbing trousers and I've not needed a stamina potion since. Once I have the Master Sword I'll nab two more stamina upgrades so I can jump more around while climbing but I'd say that's all I'll need.

Thanks! I actually should have said ill be going Stamina for the next 1-2 upgrades, ive also read
    later on theres a way to swap them for a price although im not sure if you can swap both ways or what the price actually is

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Thanks! I actually should have said ill be going Stamina for the next 1-2 upgrades, ive also read
    later on theres a way to swap them for a price although im not sure if you can swap both ways or what the price actually is
    I've read about the exchange as well. No fine details just the broad strokes but apparently you encounter a statue that steals an upgrade from you, you do a small quest to get it back and then you can sell upgrades to it for 100 rupees and then buy it (or another) back for 120 rupees. It's a bit fussy but you can effectively swap one upgrade for another for 20 rupees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ganondorf doesn't affect damage taken in BotW, he gives you stuff. His rare drop is a sword. The damage thing is in Twilight Princess HD, and it warns you before it activates it!

I don't know if I was lucky getting Epona on my first scan of Smash Link or if that's a guaranteed first drop but I have to say, I'm very upset that I did it. Epona has 4 Stars across the board and is almost instantly tame. It feels wrong to be handed that kind of reward for nothing. Khaleesi (1/4/4) I worked for, we've been through some **** together. She's my horse, and no one else has one. Epona is the game's. I want to put Epona back in the box and get on with the game but I'd be a fool to do that.... Mother, tell your children not to walk my way...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I pretty much did the same. I'm up to 9 hearts now and only did three stamina upgrades. I'm just flitting around the map looking for shrines now :)

chrislad wrote: »
    I pretty much did the same. I'm up to 9 hearts now and only did three stamina upgrades. I'm just flitting around the map looking for shrines now :)
    I did the same last night to get to 10 hearts, going to clear the camel Divine Beast tonight if I can, scour some more and then nab the Master Sword.

From what I read, it's not unbreakable but when it breaks, it stays in your inventory and repairs itself over time. It's only unbreakable after a certain point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently walking around in your boxers elicits weird response.

Doing so in Breath of the Wild does the same thing:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hylians-react-to-naked-link

• VinLieger wrote: »
    The world and openness I think is the stand out moment for most people, im just having fun exploring and getting distracted by shiny things. I do grab every shrine I see, currently at about 6 hearts with 2 stamina upgrades, ill be going for stamina only from now on.

Progression for me is turning it on, spotting a shrine or place I think there might be something interesting at and managing to get to that spot without dying. In many cases its a puzzle in itself to figure out how to get from a to b due to stamina limitations, too many mobs to fight, climbing being impossible due to rain etc

I think if your expecting marked linear progression like in previous Zelda games where "now you've finished this temple you need to go do this and that will lead to this and thats really your only option" then its not really the game for you. Like it definitely can be played that way but when theres such a massive world to explore along the way im not sure why you would.

It's not about walking down a straight line. Even the most non-linear games games have stand out moments like some amazing standout missions or some crazy sequence of events. I'm talking about the main quests. When you select them they still send you to a location on the map and it's up to you how you get there and that's fine but when I make it there I expect something big.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I tried that in the desert with minimal response. I figured Link would stop over-heating if he were semi-nude. No such luck, I needed my pretty princess clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Banjo wrote: »
    Ganondorf doesn't affect damage taken in BotW, he gives you stuff. His rare drop is a sword. The damage thing is in Twilight Princess HD, and it warns you before it activates it!

I don't know if I was lucky getting Epona on my first scan of Smash Link or if that's a guaranteed first drop but I have to say, I'm very upset that I did it. Epona has 4 Stars across the board and is almost instantly tame. It feels wrong to be handed that kind of reward for nothing. Khaleesi (1/4/4) I worked for, we've been through some **** together. She's my horse, and no one else has one. Epona is the game's. I want to put Epona back in the box and get on with the game but I'd be a fool to do that.... Mother, tell your children not to walk my way...

This is why I haven't used the Amiibo.

Gots my own horse, thanks. He's my only friend in this big bad world.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »

608x-1

:pac::pac:

It's not about walking down a straight line. Even the most non-linear games games have stand out moments like some amazing standout missions or some crazy sequence of events. I'm talking about the main quests. When you select them they still send you to a location on the map and it's up to you how you get there and that's fine but when I make it there I expect something big.

Well you might be on your way to one then considering where you are
    I was pretty impressed with the reveal of the first divine beast, not sure which one you are aiming for but i went for the Zora one first which I think is what most did due to its proximity to the starting area. it was pretty cool i thought.

• Advertisement

• Il avoid looking at said spoiler for now but will let you know when I get there
    So far in the main quests its been Go here & talk to Person X
    Expecting big things now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dammit ladies, let me into Gerudo Town!!! I'm only there to slay beasts and steal some rupees... potentially.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dammit ladies, let me into Gerudo Town!!! I'm only there to slay beasts and steal some rupees... potentially.

Talk to the folk around the entrance and you'll be provided with a solution.
    Also, once you've found the solution and enjoyed the cinematic, be sure to talk to the creep in the sand-shoes outside the town.

Yesterday was International Vai Day in Gerudo Town :)

Il avoid looking at said spoiler for now but will let you know when I get there
    So far in the main quests its been Go here & talk to Person X
    Expecting big things now ;)

Is a big chunk of the appeal of the game not the lack of pre-canned setpieces in favour of moments that happen organically or at least semi-organically and are therefore more personal, more "yours"?

• Banjo wrote: »
    Is a big chunk of the appeal of the game not the lack of pre-canned setpieces in favour of moments that happen organically or at least semi-organically and are therefore more personal, more "yours"?

Why are you generically claiming them to be "pre-canned setpieces"?
    If I walk half way across the map for a main quest I expect more than a 3 minute conversation with an NPC

Why are you generically claiming them to be "pre-canned setpieces"?
    Because
    M!Ck^ wrote:
    ...and that's fine but when I make it there I expect something big.
    In order for something to be guaranteed to happen when you get there, it would have to be orchestrated, ie pre-canned.
    I wasn't aware that "pre-canned" as a word got people's backs up so much. I wasn't having a go or saying you're some sort of filthy Call of Duty fan. Nothing wrong with a big cinematic moment - Bayonetta 2 was filled with them and all the better for it - but I'm content that so far this game seems to create it's own drama dynamically. CErtainly early on those "walk halfway across the earth for a chat" quests seem to be more about giving you an endpoint to aim your meandering towards than creating any real narrative urgency. (I've only just reached the 2nd village for one of those chats so I have no idea where it goes from here)

• Banjo wrote: »
    Because

In order for something to be guaranteed to happen when you get there, it would have to be orchestrated, ie pre-canned.
    I wasn't aware that "pre-canned" as a word got people's backs up so much. I wasn't having a go or saying you're some sort of filthy Call of Duty fan. Nothing wrong with a big cinematic moment - Bayonetta 2 was filled with them and all the better for it - but I'm content that so far this game seems to create it's own drama dynamically. CErtainly early on those "walk halfway across the earth for a chat" quests seem to be more about giving you an endpoint to aim your meandering towards than creating any real narrative urgency. (I've only just reached the 2nd village for one of those chats so I have no idea where it goes from here)

Wasn't getting my back up, but I have acknowledged that the trip to that point is what you make of it. But shouldn't be any reason why you can't have both situations.
    A main quest should include some sort of memorable game-play mechanic, event or action. Nothing in this has done so as of yet for me.
    Vin has pointed out that I may be coming up to something good so still to soon to judge entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

sligeach wrote:
    So do they deliver from start to finish(right to my door)? Do they not look after the UK end of delivery and then An Post deliver it when it arrives in Ireland?

An post do the last mile but the problem is asendia lose packages from UK to Ireland. I got an express shipment from UK to Ireland with an post. Trackable. After being told twice before that they could only use asendia and it was untrackable and no alternative shipment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't getting my back up, but I have acknowledged that the trip to that point is what you make of it. But shouldn't be any reason why you can't have both situations.
    A main quest should include some sort of memorable game-play mechanic, event or action. Nothing in this has done so as of yet for me.
    Vin has pointed out that I may be coming up to something good so still to soon to judge entirely.

The game is what you make of it. Go exploring, climb a mountain. I find the journey there more rewarding than any pre-canned cinematic or glorified cinematic. There's usually a worthwhile reward for going somewhere that looks a little bit interesting. Also try hunting down some mid bosses, they provide some really great battles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

What's everyone's shrine count so far?

As far as I can remember I've got 84, I know I have 9 shrine quests remaining but finding any more in the wild has become very difficult, even
    with the shrine detector.
    There're supposed to
    be 120 isn't there?

Advertisement