Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

What's everyone's shrine count so far?

As far as I can remember I've got 84, I know I have 9 shrine quests remaining but finding any more in the wild has become very difficult, even
    with the shrine detector.
    There're supposed to
    be 120 isn't there?

17 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game is what you make of it. Go exploring, climb a mountain. I find the journey there more rewarding than any pre-canned cinematic or glorified cinematic. There's usually a worthwhile reward for going somewhere that looks a little bit interesting. Also try hunting down some mid bosses, they provide some really great battles.

Go find a Lynel and try take it down, so far ive not had much success but its been fun trying

• 84 Shrines. Holy Fook!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I think I'm up to 8 or 9......tons more to go!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

What's everyone's shrine count so far?

As far as I can remember I've got 84, I know I have 9 shrine quests remaining but finding any more in the wild has become very difficult, even
    with the shrine detector.
    There're supposed to
    be 120 isn't there?

Only 22! 3 heart and 2 stamina upgrades. Got a good few korok seeds so have
    added 4 weapon slots and 1 shield and bow. Apparently there is over 900 of them! 15 on Plateau alone reckon I only found 7/8 of them and I thought I searched it fairly thoroughly!

Might just try and concentrate on easy to find shrines and towers for a bit and korok seeds when I see them.
    Tempted just to concentrate on upgrading hearts to get the master sword though should probably need another few stamina upgrades generally not finding it an issue climbing since I got the bandana. Assuming thy're is more challenging climbs ahead though. Tip it's I often find doing a jump just as you're about to run out of stamina will get you over that last bit of the climb

Trying to avoiding big fights at the minute to try and stockpile some better weapons and just using the weaker weapons when I have too.
    Do you have Wolf Link amibo he'll lead you to the Shrine when your Sheika sensor goes off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

VinLieger wrote: »
    Go find a Lynel and try take it down, so far ive not had much success but its been fun trying

is that, that guy in the moutains? i tried for about half an hour trying to kill him and just gave up, hes way to strong, kept 1 shotting me and hes fast, i might leave him till i get better weapons or more hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Where do i trade in my Korok seeds that big leaf fella has disappeared since I last upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

safetyboy wrote: »
    Where do i trade in my Korok seeds that big leaf fella has disappeared since I last upgraded

There a forest at the very north of the map, above Hyrule castle, the entrance to it is on the east side of the surrounding. Its a maze of sorts to get to where he is, you're running around a misty forest and it resets if you take a wrong turn. im sure theres a set path to take but i just went with trial and error.

At the centre you will find the dude you're looking for along with the
    deku tree
    and
    master sword
    , there are 4 shrines (from what ive found) in that area and one of thee most annoying trials ever :(

• Anyone have any use for diamonds?
    It's worth 500 if sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think I've done 9 shrines, including the 4 up on the plateau. Only 1 of them wasn't handed to me on a plate as part of the initial "go talk to Impa" quest, and frankly I'm quite proud of finding it, after literally trekking all the way up one side of a mountain and falling down the the other. 1 stamina upgrade so far, will be cashing 4 orbs in for a heart next.

Disgusted to hear there was more than 1 korok seed up on the plateau :D Time to warp back!

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    He's at some of the stables too that may be only if you don't find in the forest first

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

One guy found out a novel way of travelling faster than running or gliding...

https://twitter.com/Venick409/status/839533795862786048

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone have any use for diamonds?
    It's worth 500 if sold.

Yea was wondering that too sold some gems but trying to hold onto one or two incase there's another use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ah, I've so much crap in my inventory. I'm holding onto it in case it comes in handy later on. Like some gems say stuff like that they're good for making clothes or something. If there's some sweatshop later in the game where you're forced to make clothes, I haven't reached that bit yet. But until then, I can't help but keep hold of all that useless shoite. I've also way too much horns and teeth for liking!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would actually very much disagree with the suggestion that the game doesn't have standout or setpiece moments. Indeed, it's what separates it from the typical open world design. There's been countless times when I've spotted something very clearly 'placed' in the world, and interacting with it has created some very rewarding little moment or revelation. There are items that are suitably exciting or revelatory to use for the first time - hell, even will have to leap from the Plateau at some point! I've mentioned it before, but the
    Zora armour
    transformed the game's exploration mechanics quite significantly. Then there's the shrines, many of which contain genuinely ingenious or engaging little puzzles that reveal new depths and layers to the basic mechanics (some of them also have motion control puzzles, and they can go to hell). And while I've only played one of the divine beasts, that was a purely contained and smartly designed area that is easily on par with your usual high-quality Zelda dungeon. Not only that but that divine beast was preceded by what was very literally an action setpiece (
    surfing the Zora prince!
    ), and quite a thrilling one at that!

That this is all blended together in one of gaming's most, well, open of open worlds, full of interlocking gameplay systems that reward experimentation, is what makes this many cuts above. It is a game that actively encourages the player to make their own fun, but at the same time has a designer's hand ensuring it's not just an aimless adventure. That is, ultimately, the extraordinary thing about Breath of the Wild, and what has pretty much instantly guaranteed its place in the video game canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I am off in April so will pick it up then for WIIU not buying switch. Plus I have to finish Tales of Beseria first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is there much of a difference between the wiiu and switch experience. Might get the wiiu one but the switch sounds like a system that will encourage me to play and finish the title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between the wiiu and switch experience. Might get the wiiu one but the switch sounds like a system that will encourage me to play and finish the title.

If you're going to use the device mainly as a handheld then go for it. Otherwise stick to the Wii-U version - from what I've seen there's little between the two versions of the game (it is a Wii-U title originally).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

The switch version made me want to stay on the bus after work today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am trying to complete the
    Sunshroom Sensing
    side quest but am totally stuck. Apparently the Sunshroom is right outside the building but it isn't. There is none around at all.

Any have this before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Sunshroom Sensing
    side quest but am totally stuck. Apparently the Sunshroom is right outside the building but it isn't. There is none around at all.

Any have this before?

Yeah, I had to run around it twice, it should def be there. Go out the door beside the guy (can't remember his name) that gives you the quest. Turn right, should be just around the corner right against the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Well, I found the Island everyone was talking about. Tough going. I didn't die, but I spent ages killing that damn Hinox! Then after I realised I could have probably just shot the 'jewel' thingy from his neck. It was a great set piece though! Up to 12 hearts now!

Some. Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

SgtBob wrote: »
    Yeah, I had to run around it twice, it should def be there. Go out the door beside the guy (can't remember his name) that gives you the quest. Turn right, should be just around the corner right against the building.

Spent about 10 minutes there. Nothing there. I even tried different times of day and looked it up online. I've seen a picture of where it should be.

I probably picked it up before and used it in a recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Spent about 10 minutes there. Nothing there. I even tried different times of day and looked it up online. I've seen a picture of where it should be.

I probably picked it up before and used it in a recipe.

If you walk out of the building, and turn right, and then look down the cliff, you'll see a forest. There should be some more in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So, do resources like apples and mushrooms and the various fauna of Hyrule regenerate after a time, or is it a once off? I know I can't hunt the common bokoblin to extinction, but I'm starting to worry about the lowly goat - with whom I take no chances either in how I deal with the or season their carcasses.

and is the same true of "mining" spots?

After an epic stalk and - if I do say so myself - a wonderful long-distance shot at "where he's going, not where he is" I was very disappointed to find that Foxs are meat, just like everything else bigger than a squirrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Been playing for the guts of an hour.

Dilly-dallied over what colour to dye my clothes, then cooked most of what I've collected.

That's it.

Better get adventurin' for flip sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sunshroom Sensing

Any have this before?

If you go somewhere else and wait a day....when you go back the sunshroom will have respawned. I had the same issue. I picked it up a moment before I talked to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You can just throw one on the ground and take a picture of that instead if you have already picked it up..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Banjo wrote: »
    So, do resources like apples and mushrooms and the various fauna of Hyrule regenerate after a time, or is it a once off? I know I can't hunt the common bokoblin to extinction, but I'm starting to worry about the lowly goat - with whom I take no chances either in how I deal with the or season their carcasses.

and is the same true of "mining" spots?

Have heard its every blood moon for ores and plants. Goats and other animals will respawn if you leave the general area and go back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Im not sure if this is everyone else experience or not but BOTYW looks great on the switch handheld, rather then the tv mode, imo anyway such a beautiful game

Advertisement