Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just finished it, i was actually just trying to get the last missing memory but ended up wandering into the final battle prematurely in error :o

Despite loving the game, i dont think i can bring myself to find all shrines/leafy turds.

I will say this though, End game
    The final battle/area was underwhelming, the fact you can just bolt straight for the boss room, no dungeon/puzzle like area, which was disappointingly unexpected. The first form of ganon fight was alright but the second form was just a spectacle, you cant die really, i didnt get hit at all, i just ran my horse into a tree and fell off a few times.

For anybody who does finish the game, dont skip the credits, it just brings you straight to the main menu to New game/ load game area, skipping over an after credits scene :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Did a shrine rush last night to get as many as I could to nab the Master Sword, my puzzle brain is now exhausted but it was worthwhile. Great blade, not overpowered but quick enough and regenerates if broken.

Have been clearing up on side quests and shrine trials as well to beef up on items and such. Really makes you dig around in the world and uncover things that you might not otherwise find like the Monster Merchant. Bought the house in Hetano (sp?) village as well and spruced it up a bit, stored some overpowered weapons there against a future need.

I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the areas I've explored (40-50% of the map) as I tend to allow myself to be distracted (let's climb that mountain, okay glide off that mountain and go towards the first thing to catch your eye, okay down that gully and up the side etc). Picking up a ton of side quests as I go.

Routed the Yiga clan as well, the final
    Magnesis
    battle was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Nobody told me that when you warp you leave your horse behind..! He was my first one and I...I.... abandoned him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Nobody told me that when you warp you leave your horse behind..! He was my first one and I...I.... abandoned him :(

My horse now permanently lives in Hateno village, really just not bothered moving her to new areas and find fast travel far more convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was climbing the Hateno tower last night, which is covered in thorns. So having ran out of fire arrows, I was lighting a fire with flint and wood, with my trusty steed beside me. Swung me sword to light the flint, hit the horse in the backswing, who then bolted into the fiery thorns and got burnt/stabbed, causing him to bolt off again, this time over the cliff to his untimely death.

Watching him fall down to the water was like watching that episode of The Simpsons when Homer tries to jump Springfield Gorge! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was climbing the Hateno tower last night, which is covered in thorns. So having ran out of fire arrows....
    You don't need to burn those thorns off - I climbed it last night too, (only 1 stam upgrade but I jump a lot so I don't think even it's necessary) - in case you didn't get to the top because of the sad passing of Springfield George (I know, but you didn't say what the horse's name was and I need to carve something in the lollipop stick cross) or ran out of fire just take a moment to walk around to the clear bit at the bottom, if you climb up anticlockwise 1 balcony at a time you should be fine (there's one bit where you have to go up, over, and back down a little but you'll see it coming.

Now, lets all take a moment to remember Springfield George. He was the bravest one of all. Well, except for fire. And spikes. And heights - he wasn't good with heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Wait you can burn the thorns? I climbed that tower no problem without any stamina upgrades(just went around the other side)

wexdevil wrote: »
    Wait you can burn the thorns? I climbed that tower no problem without any stamina upgrades(just went around the other side)

I didn't know at the time either, that was some difficult climbing but satisfying. If I'd known about the thorn-burning, it wouldn't have been half as enjoyable.

Jaysus Banjo, that horse story is tragic. I was trying to tame a horse last night in the hills to the West of Lake Hylia and upon taming it, it bolted towards the cliff. Tried to slow it down with no luck so had to bail on and glide back to solid ground. Heart-breaking stuff.

it's The B Man's horse... I've yet to commit equicide! (Not for want of trying, mind!)

Speaking of horses, if you glide down from Hateno tower roughly north I think, there were some skittish but decent black horses roaming loose - mine was ****/***/**** which is getting into Epona territory. Granted, I nearly killed him trying to find a land route back to the Dueling Peaks stable - it's all well and good charging through bokoblin camps - and Bokoblins! - at breakneck speed till you run out of riverbank and have to tiptoe back the way you came offering steel apologies...

Banjo wrote: »
    it's The B Man's horse... I've yet to commit equicide! (Not for want of trying, mind!)

My bad, typed faster than my brain worked after seeing 'Springfield Gorge' mentioned in both of yer posts.

Anyone gotten the side quest to find rare horses? Got one to find a white horse for a man in the North West, heard a rumour about a giant horse and ran across 'The Lord of the Mountain', a glowing blue horse/stag surrounded by blupees. Took a snap and then tried to tame only for him to boot me off and then vanish.

Probably should have just shot him with a bomb arrow :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads how does this run on the Wii U? I'm thinking I should get the Switch to play it at it's best but I already have a Wii U so it seems a bit wasteful.

I haven't seen both, but I loaned my WiiU copy out and the guy who's playing it says it runs great. He's seen it running on the switch in handheld mode by comparison.

Based on various media outlets, both versions have their issues with frame drops in certain situations but neither one runs so badly that it's unplayable or game-breaking, it's just the odd niggle.

Is it a game that's worth spending 400 quid on to play? Debatable.
    Am I playing the Switch at work while the guy I loaned the WiiU copy to can only look on and dreep? (that's weeping and dribbling at the same time). Oh yes....

Banjo wrote: »
    Now, lets all take a moment to remember Springfield George. He was the bravest one of all. Well, except for fire. And spikes. And heights - he wasn't good with heights.

You forgot swords! :P:P:P

He was a great horse as well. All black with a mohawk and similar, or the same, stats as you mentioned. Can't actually remember. He was a beast though. Was... :(

I had 3 horses in total. A black one, a white one and a red one, imaginatively named Blackie, Whitey and Ginger (it's not racist if they're horses!!). Whitey and Ginger are ****e though. I wish it was them that fell, burning, off that cliff to a watery grave... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Lads how does this run on the Wii U? I'm thinking I should get the Switch to play it at it's best but I already have a Wii U so it seems a bit wasteful.

Plays perfectly on mine other than slow load times on occasion.
    Remember the Wii U is the original, the Switch version is the Port :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Love the way you can literally do whatever you want in this game and are not forced to follow a certain story if that makes sense?

I regularly find myself climbing things with thorns using inventive ways or going to freezing areas while semi-naked :P

I'm playing on Wii U and I've seen some glitch videos online. Most of them seem to be glitches with the Switch version, such as the unlimited stamina glitch, which didn't work for me on Wii U.

So I think the Wii U is the better version due to less glitches.

I did get stuck in one of those tall random concrete towers once, but that's the only glitch I've seen. Although I did get stuck under a big heavy flat metal yoke at the bridge coming into Hateno Village coz I wanted to see what was under it, and it fell on top of me, restting on the thing underneath it, and i got stuck in the crouched position so couldnt use a rune to get out of it, but that wasn't a glitch. More of a "feature".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    You forgot swords! :P:P:P

He was a great horse as well. All black with a mohawk and similar, or the same, stats as you mentioned. Can't actually remember. He was a beast though. Was... :(

I had 3 horses in total. A black one, a white one and a red one, imaginatively named Blackie, Whitey and Ginger (it's not racist if they're horses!!). Whitey and Ginger are ****e though. I wish it was them that fell, burning, off that cliff to a watery grave... :(

Not try and get it back via the stables?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I bought this on Monday. I have 4 hearts and 1 extra energy so I've gotten around a little bit at this stage. I'm not one for walk thoughs but admit peeking on other games when truly stuck or just to make sure I get every chest when I finish the game. This world is so huge I can't imagine any walk through doing it justice or being able to cover everything.
    Truly a great game and I feel that I my money's wort already

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not try and get it back via the stables?

You can do that?!?! :eek:
    It didn't even cross my mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Depends if it's just misplaced, or dead. If it's dead, I think there's a way to resurrect it too though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure you can try and let us know its fate.

I'll await the blood moon, and try the area at the back of the stables, and see if I get a resurrected Zombie horse, with infinite stamina, that can still run even without a head (as long as there's a spare horse head nearby).

Any horse that has been registered goes back to the stables if you leave it behind (alive) as far as I know. If you tame a horse and then leave it behind without registering it, it's gone. You can mount and tame some other animals like stags and such but can't register them :(

If a horse dies, it can be resurrected via a Fairy Fountain in the Lake region (haven't looked up specifics myself).

From what I hear, you can mount and attempt to tame bears and Lynel but no word on success there :) would love to hear stories there.

Rhyme wrote: »
    From what I hear, you can mount and attempt to tame .. Lynel...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If all the boys and girls in the audience clap their hands and say "I believe in horses" maybe we can help Springfield George

I... Believe.... in Horses!
    I.... Believe.... in Horses!

I'm getting funny looks in the office now. This better work
    Rhyme wrote:
    From what I hear, you can mount and attempt to tame bears
    Careful what you wish for...

(it's a 2 minute clip, but I'd say Tormund gets his point across in the first 20s :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Key word there being 'attempt'. It doesn't work but does give you a good opportunity to bonk them on the head a few times.

Can't view that video in work but the mention of Tormund answers any questions I had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

I think the horse only goes back to the stable automatically if you board it first; registration isn't enough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I actually had a horse returned to the stables automatically yesterday, just happened after registering an new one much to my surprise. The original had been abandoned in an area with two high level monsters. While it's a bit **** all things considered, I felt bad leaving it there so was happy when it returned. Plus there was the minor emotional attachment of it being the first tamed steed. So even though I'll never use it again because the new one has one extra dash bar (relationships in a nutshell), I'm happy it will enjoy retirement in a virtual stable.

I can also confirm you can attempt to tame bears. I can also confirm you will be tossed the **** off when you try.

You can tame the bears I believe, it just takes a lot of stamina.
    And huge cojones.

• Advertisement

Quick question - if your horse dies, does it turn into Meat?

And if so, what's the etiquette there?
    Just asking 'cause tears and a juicy steak will keep me alive a lot longer than tears alone.

Also - the Sheikah symbol... are the guardians supposed to look like an inverted Sheikah eye or am I just projecting...?

Advertisement