Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjos next horse will be named "TescoBurger"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    Banjos next horse will be named "TescoBurger"

I was going to name mine 'Burger' or 'Cool Horse' but my fiancé, who was backseat gaming, vetoed those. 'Shergar' was grand though, even when it got stuck in a hole and I had to abandon it.

Next one will be 'Houyhnhnm' after the horses from Gulliver's Travels.

I'll have a secret third horse called 'Cool Horse' though. It'll be my premature mid-life crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I love my Master Sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There's something really satisfying about striking a Moblin and throwing its head off the side off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just finished Zora's divine beast, now back to wandering around aimlessly.. 6 hearts 2 stamina's just got my own capall. Opened up Akkala
    nearly froze to death.

Battery died, And a 1 amp and A to C charger doesn't work with my switch, any USB3 that isn't the original hasn't worked so far.

• Advertisement

It can't be said enough but the lack of hand holding in this game is incredibly refreshing.

Just finished a shrine puzzle there. Was going mad trying to
    complete a puzzle that required you to try and activate switches on the ground with electricity. Out of sheer frustration I just fúcked a sword on the ground. Metal acted as a conduit and BOOM, I solved the puzzle.

The most annoying and rewarding puzzle I've done to date.

I have no desire to finish this game at all. I'm ploughing hours into it but feel like I've done nothing.

I'd be happy if I never completed the main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That_Guy wrote: »
    It can't be said enough but the lack of hand holding in this game is incredibly refreshing.

Just finished a shrine puzzle there. Was going mad trying to
    complete a puzzle that required you to try and activate switches on the ground with electricity. Out of sheer frustration I just fúcked a sword on the ground. Metal acted as a conduit and BOOM, I solved the puzzle.

The most annoying and rewarding puzzle I've done to date.

I have no desire to finish this game at all. I'm ploughing hours into it but feel like I've done nothing.

I'd be happy if I never completed the main quest.

Divine Beast maybe spoiler! :
    I had something similar. I found a shrine that you needed to strike with lightning. I thought I could use the power you get after you finish the Gerudo beast. It didn't work. Then it started raining and my shield starting sparking, so lightning was coming. Put away my metal, but then I thought "What would happen if I left a sword behind?" - left one, and jumped off the covered shrine, lightning hit the sword and boom! Shrine activated! Class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I've lost the drive to play since ive finished it, ive no drive to collect all the shrines either. I'm tempted to trade it in for cash in CEX and snapping up horizon. Ill likely get a switch down the line, so can pick it up again if i get a hankering.

I've uncovered all of the map and been mostly everywhere, are they going to be releasing DLC for this?

Oh and i encourage all to get all of the memories in the game to ensure you unfold the whole story.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

nix wrote: »
    ...are they going to be releasing DLC for this?

Yep, 20 quid for a season pass with two DLCs (can't buy them separately), for Wii-U and Switch.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/02/14/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-will-have-paid-dlc-season-pass/
    The first release comes this summer and includes a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a mysterious new feature for the in-game map.

The second DLC pack launches Holiday 2017 and includes a new dungeon and new story content.

These can only be purchased together. The DLC will be available for both Wii U and Switch.

Gamers who purchase the Expansion Pass will also get three special in-game chests. The first will include a shirt with the Nintendo Switch icon on it that Link can wear; the second and third include in-game items.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

C6lBpz5WYAAO2gp.jpg

And so it begins. Thank God for small mercies. The game while late arrived in time for the weekend. It was nice knowing you all. See you on the other side. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Excellent. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Worth the wait, sligeach. Have a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sligeach wrote:
    And so it begins. Thank God for small mercies. The game while late arrived in time for the weekend. It was nice knowing you all. See you on the other side.

Enjoy your weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Bought this and the switch as a semi (albeit expensive) impulse buy. Greatest impulse buy ever! I haven't played a Zelda game in years, but on the handheld this has to be one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in a very long time.

Now, as a grown man, I'm desperate to find some Zelda amiibos... what has this game done to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Ronan wrote: »
    Now, as a grown man, I'm desperate to find some Zelda amiibos... what has this game done to me :)

Got Gannon for a fiver in Smyths yesterday. Had Wolf Link already, have Smash Brothers Link on order Argos. €15 but he's £60 on amazon! Tempted to get Zelda she's 15 to. They have Windwaker Link listed on argos too but not available to order. Lot of the LOZ ones seem to be getting very hard get. They were usually never discounted as much as some other amiibos but they are going for crazy money now.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Cheers will take a look. Yeah, new to this, but the LOZ seem to be like gold dust, another case of Nintendo driving up demand? Shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That Nintendo difference, #57: NPCs covering their heads with their hands or running for shelter when it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Game crashed for me for the first time today while I was cooking some food, luckily I didn't lose too much progress since the last save.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

chrislad wrote: »
    Well, I found the Island everyone was talking about. Tough going. I didn't die, but I spent ages killing that damn Hinox! Then after I realised I could have probably just shot the 'jewel' thingy from his neck. It was a great set piece though! Up to 12 hearts now!

Some. Game.
    Got there last night. Absolute masterpiece! Managed it last night with out dying. Spent a good bit of time sneaking around stock piling food and tree branches. Still only had a rusty sword, bokoblin bow and 5 arrows and few wooden spears and branches when I took on main camp on top of hill. One shoted sentry tower bokoblin, snuck in and took weapons. Moblin and blue Bobkoblin were dead before they knew what hit them! Island was a lot easier after that as I had some decent weapons and could cook up some decent meals so was handy enough doing the orbs then. Didn't kill the Hinox you can paraglide down on to him and steal it or climb up onto him if you are quite. Must finish him later have to deal with the guardian in the Shrine on the way to island first. 3000hitpoints! Had him down to 300 on my 3rd go last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Swordsmiths Hate Him!

CLICK HERE to find out why
    ^ Got rusty weapons?
    This octorok(?) sheen shines them to look like new. Not my content and haven't seen one of these lately, but if anybody finds one please test on damaged weapons. Got myself a damaged Edge of Duality blade that i'm not quite ready to say goodbye to :(

• Advertisement

I keep getting caught
    by guards when I'm trying to lure them away with bananas.

Losing my wick with it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I keep getting caught

done that bit yesterday, put them further away so you have more time to sneak up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I keep getting caught

Only needed to use 2 bananas to get through that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The guys behind the DCEMU emulator reckon they'll have this running perfectly in a matter of weeks, just gave it a try there with Super Mario 3D World, seems perfect from the quick blast I had of it anyway, perfect Xbox controller support, counted one audio glitch and zero graphics glitches in all of World 1-1. Pretty crazy how well it works tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Some guy finished this in less than an hour :eek:

It seems you don't need to do the any dungeons, you can just go straight for end boss :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, Reggie said that 6 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

FYI, if u kill ur horse, he doesn't come back to the stable. Even if he's registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thargor wrote: »
    The guys behind the DCEMU emulator reckon they'll have this running perfectly in a matter of weeks, just gave it a try there with Super Mario 3D World, seems perfect from the quick blast I had of it anyway, perfect Xbox controller support, counted one audio glitch and zero graphics glitches in all of World 1-1. Pretty crazy how well it works tbh.

Emulation for the last generation of consoles is steamrolling at the moment, RPCS3 can play Demon Souls now, BOTW is already running albeit at 15fps in 4k on Cemu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

The_B_Man wrote:
    FYI, if u kill ur horse, he doesn't come back to the stable. Even if he's registered.

Although if you go to the horse God she'll restore your horse if it died by natural causes such as running off a cliff. She was disgusted that I hadnt stabled a horse and obviously wasn't a horsey person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So close...

33237731172_7ba8da3560.jpg

Advertisement