Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I actually find the game rather difficult, especially the combat against higher level enemies. I worry it will totally halt my progress when I get to a tough boss fight, just like Dark Souls, Bloodborne etc..

In one mission you have to find shock arrows and face off against a
    Lynel
    . Is it actually possible to beat that thing or are you supposed to do what I did which is
    die about 20 times then give up and sneak around to find all the arrows you need.

The latter! At least that's what I did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That first Lynel is a real trouble. You go up, see the arena and assume he's meant to be defeated. What I missed the first time is that the Zora's mention the Lynel but at no point does anyone talk about fighting him, defeating him etc. They just talk about getting the arrows.

Breath of the Wild rewards players who consider a situation before rushing into it. I saw the arena-type area and figured that he had to be defeated. Never once thought that there was an alternative. After getting killed twice and blown off the mountain once (memories of Skyrims giants came to mind) I just snuck around and got the arrows.

It's the same with Bokoblin camps. There is always something that can be used to gain an advantage whether it be an explosive barrel, some long grass, a steel box, an overlooking cliff edge. Even something a bit of a sloped hill that bombs can be rolled down. I've not come across a camp that didn't allow the gamers to change the rules of engagement to suit them.

Went back to that Lynel last night. Kicked his ass. Then found a white-maned Lynel, confident and cocky and... just barely scraped by :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    Beat the Rito Divine Beast and you can bypass a lot of climbing with the ability you gain. Don't get me wrong, I like climbing a lot, but at the first drop of rain, whoosh!

This ability is very, very, very useful for a number of shrines. If you don't feel like being clever.

chrislad wrote: »
    This ability is very, very, very useful for a number of shrines. If you don't feel like being clever.

I've been using it in the jungle area as there are so many vertical cliffs and it rains a lot.

Did get the rubber armour from wandering around there and the Thundaga Plains Shrine challenge, creepy looking set but should do some good.

Currently trying to raise 10,000 rupees for the last Great Fairy. And knocking the horns off the dragons for various recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So what way do ye all find is the best way to spend those upgrade orbs from the Shrines? Stamina or health?

Right now I've spend evenly on both. Wondering if that isn't the best way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's recommended to get up to 13 hearts if possible... for a certain item requires that. I've been spending them all on health so far (9 hearts at the minute), and managing without any real problems with the single stamina wheel. Would be nice to be able to run/climb/swim longer alright, but been ok so far!

So what way do ye all find is the best way to spend those upgrade orbs from the Shrines? Stamina or health?

Right now I've spend evenly on both. Wondering if that isn't the best way.

I'd say get two or three stamina upgrades and then go hearts until you have 13 hearts (the minimum needed to get the
    Master Sword
    ). From then on, it depends on what you have planned. If you're going to scour the land for shrines, you can get some more stamina, complete the second wheel and beyond, but if that's not on the agenda, get enough health that you're comfortable with.

A fight with a Lynel or a cluster of high-level lizalfos or moblins will tell you if you have enough health as Guardians are almost certainly going to be more difficult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's recommended to get up to 13 hearts if possible... for a certain item requires that. I've been spending them all on health so far (9 hearts at the minute), and managing without any real problems with the single stamina wheel. Would be nice to be able to run/climb/swim longer alright, but been ok so far!

Based on what I read here I went for two stamina upgrades first (glad I did) and then two hearts and one more stamina after the two hearts.
    I then went for stamina again as it allowed me to paraglide onto the island with the shrine on it.
    Without that last stamina upgrade I would not have been able to get out there! That is exactly where I left off last night! Already excited to get back into it tonight!

I also had a weird encounter with a statue
    and she robbed a heart off me (bitch) and then
    gave it back again for no apparent reason??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Did get the rubber armour from wandering around there and the Thundaga Plains Shrine challenge, creepy looking set but should do some good.

That should be handy for taking on some of the Lynels, with shock resistance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lynel!! That's the name of the b*****d!!!!!

I only encountered the one so far, at the West Gate. At first I thought he was friendly and I had to talk to him, but then I got close to him and got repeatedly murdered. In the end, I just turned around and went back the opposite way. Haven't been over that side of the map since!

Got stuck on a shrine last night for the first time. Mirro Shaz Shrine (Tempered Power). It's just so difficult. It's like some kind of Zelda meets Mario Golf situation. I keep smashing my weapon so can't even finish it! And I refuse to finish the shrine without getting the chest!!! So difficult!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

madmoe wrote: »

I also had a weird encounter with a statue...

Yeah, that's creepy when it happens :D
    That's your
    character respec facility - if, say, spent all your spheres on Stamina and regretted it, you can - for a price - sell all your Stamina upgrades off and buy them back as Health

Is there a specific Lynel you're meant to go after for the first Divine Beast? I turned around and headed back to the only one I've seen (he was in the middle of a valley that I landed in after activating a tower, I think; I haven't gotten back to him yet though), but should I just have followed the Beast marker?

Just did the Ruuco Maag shrine. The 5 flames. If, like me, you're sick of your weapon breaking, bear in mind you can use thrown bombs, and
    any arrows can be picked up off the ground after using them. EDIT! Spoilering this 'cause I've just realised I could have used fire arrows. God damn it! I wonder would you get fire arrows back?
    I don't think that's a spoiler since it doesn't affect the solution, just the cost :D
    EDIT - actually part of what I said could push you to "brute force" the solution, so I've spoilered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah, that's creepy when it happens :D
    That's your
    character respec facility - if, say, spent all your spheres on Stamina and regretted it, you can - for a price - sell all your Stamina upgrades off and buy them back as Health

Is there a specific Lynel you're meant to go after for the first Divine Beast? I turned around and headed back to the only one I've seen (he was in the middle of a valley that I landed in after activating a tower, I think; I haven't gotten back to him yet though), but should I just have followed the Beast marker?

Just did the Ruuco Maag shrine. The 5 flames. If, like me, you're sick of your weapon breaking, bear in mind you can use thrown bombs, and
    any arrows can be picked up off the ground after using them. EDIT! Spoilering this 'cause I've just realised I could have used fire arrows. God damn it! I wonder would you get fire arrows back?
    I don't think that's a spoiler since it doesn't affect the solution, just the cost :D
    EDIT - actually part of what I said could push you to "brute force" the solution, so I've spoilered it!

Makes sense about the statue now!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Banjo wrote: »

He is at the top of a mountain right beside Zora's Domain. There is a path up to him.
    It's a bloody tough fight, but you don't have to fight him. Just sneak around the area to get 20 arrows scattered around. Come back and kick his ass later, I assume.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Shae Loya Shrine just found in the middle of a cliff, well hidden. tricky little bollix too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Lost two hammers so far on the golf shrine
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lynel!! That's the name of the b*****d!!!!!

I only encountered the one so far, at the West Gate. At first I thought he was friendly and I had to talk to him, but then I got close to him and got repeatedly murdered. In the end, I just turned around and went back the opposite way. Haven't been over that side of the map since!

Got stuck on a shrine last night for the first time. Mirro Shaz Shrine (Tempered Power). It's just so difficult. It's like some kind of Zelda meets Mario Golf situation. I keep smashing my weapon so can't even finish it! And I refuse to finish the shrine without getting the chest!!! So difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I'm in need of some shrine help.

I can't remember which one it is, as I completed it, and it's blue now but i'm after the treasure chest, which was located after the orb.
    The task is to use stasis to whack little metal balls across a drop, over to the hole on another platform.
    Could do the first one alright, but the post-orb one I couldn't get,even after going through 3 metal hammers.
    Five whacks with the hammer the ball falls short, six seems to be too many and it hits the platform too fast and bounces past it.

Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about and could help me out?
    The_B_Man wrote: »

Cheers, pretty sure thats the one that had me stuck!
    Really annoying.

Looking at a youtube vid now, i seen someone move the ball back and have it skim the surface on its way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Had my first switch issue, right joy con wouldn't work when connected directly to console, but worked fine when it wasn't connected! Turned it on and off a few times and it sorted itself! Strange one though

Cheers, pretty sure thats the one that had me stuck!
    Really annoying.

Looking at a youtube vid now, i seen someone move the ball back and have it skim the surface on its way there.

I'm going to go back to that one tonight. I bought the house in Hateno village so have an abundance of hammers since the house spawns with two. Going to knock that thing into fucking orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I'm going to go back to that one tonight. I bought the house in Hateno village so have an abundance of hammers since the house spawns with two. Going to knock that thing into fucking orbit.

I was delighted when I bought the house and saw the hammers :D

Had previously marked a spot on the map with a bunch of them at ulria grotto, with my future failings at this shrine in mind. glad to have the name of it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

So this could be very good news.
    Apparently Framerate issues might not have boeen a lack of horsepower issues but a bug with Switch trying to connect to WiFi.... So maybe once fixed we can say bye bye to frame rate issues. Only seen it once and it didnt bother me but makes future AAA games sound more plausible now.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_switch_wi-fi_issue_could_be_why_your_games_keep_dropping_frames

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd say Pac1Man should definitely have it delivered tomorrow.

38317778.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Post arrived this morning but no Zelda Wii U, it was supposed to have arrived today according to Amazon.

Genuinely feel for you. It's not making you feel any better following this thread till you have it in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pac1Man wrote: »
    38317778.jpg

I came into this thread this evening just to see if you got the game. That's terrible! I was p1ssed off and I had to wait until Friday before it arrived, God only knows how you're feeling. I'd be raging. Tomorrow, eh, there's always tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I was kind of expecting it if I'm truly honest, especially after reading Wolverine's similarly sad news earlier today. I'll give it another day before sending a polite email. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Birneybau wrote: »

Not watching that but anyone know if it was with 3 hearts and a tree branch? :)

Not watching that but anyone know if it was with 3 hearts and a tree branch? :)

He picks up some good equipment along the way, mostly inside Hyrule Castle. I stopped after he beat the
    _____blight Ganon bosses from the Divine Beasts in the castle interior.

Honestly, it's mostly skill he employs like pitch-perfect parrying with a few tricks here and there like switching weapons to attack faster etc. Nothing egregious like seam-walking or the blocked-bomb-running from Ocarina of Time.

Beat that fecking camel last night, had to cheat a bit with the last terminal since I couldn't get the wheel to turn and complete the circuit. Grabbed the two electricity balls and stacked them on the other side of the wheel at the base of the neck so the charge went through the floor and into the crystal, thus raising the camels head.

Going to go side-quest crazy for a while, harvest rupees and explore. Any recommendations on locations are welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Post has arrived this morning, but still no Zelda :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Post has arrived this morning, but still no Zelda :(:(
    You've got to be joking......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Irishbrick wrote: »
    You've got to be joking......

I wish

Advertisement