Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Irishbrick wrote: »
    You've got to be joking......

I wish
    Well that sucks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got to the coast today. There's islands!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I was kind of expecting it if I'm truly honest, especially after reading Wolverine's similarly sad news earlier today. I'll give it another day before sending a polite email. :D

Hey Pac1Man. Mine was due yesterday too, but finally arrived today. Maybe yours will be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I wish

Worth a complaint to Amazon, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

deadduck wrote: »
    Hey Pac1Man. Mine was due yesterday too, but finally arrived today. Maybe yours will be the same!

You give me hope deadduck. For that, i am forever grateful! :D

Enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got to the coast today. There's islands!

All I'll say is Eventide Island.
    Failed at my first few attempts but think I'll give it another shot soon now that I have a few more hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

gouche wrote: »
    Failed at my first few attempts but think I'll give it another shot soon now that I have a few more hearts.

Same here. There will be liberal usage of runes but I think with 15 hearts and a full extra wheel of stamina, I'll be okay. Just have to avoid that first chest you see on the island itself since it's an enemy :/

A bit MGS1 :) all items are OSP (on-site procurement).

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

It's actually a really enjoyably section, despite the difficulty.
    Kinda like a microcosm of the overall game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

gouche wrote: »
    At least you weren't stupid enough to not realise that you can sneak up to the Hinox and take the jewel, and instead spent 15 minutes running in circles throwing bombs at it!

I've one dungeon left to do, but about 3 areas to properly explore. I think I'm going to focus on getting the best armor I can in preparation for Hyrule Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still only at my first Divine Beast in Gerudo Valley, over 25 hours in (according to the activity log). Fighting
    Thunderblight Ganon. Got him down to the last bit of energy before he killed me again.
    Just went to bed then

• Advertisement

Yeah, that one is being a pain in the proverbials for me too. Left it, went off exploring, got a hidden costume shop, bought a different costume, and looking for upgrade parts that may help me beat that one.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Still only at my first Divine Beast in Gerudo Valley, over 25 hours in (according to the activity log). Fighting
    Thunderblight Ganon. Got him down to the last bit of energy before he killed me again.
    Just went to bed then

If you're up to exploring, the Jungle area in the South East has two shrines close by each other with two parts of the rubber armour set (third part being in the Thundaga Plains near the Rito town). Helped me with that fight. His impacts still do a lot of damage, but taking some of the lightning damage out of the equation helped.

Tried to parry or properly dodge when he goes fast but it didn't do much (couldn't get the timing down) but what I found handy was as soon as he goes fast to dodge backwards and then begin to swing wildly. You'll hit his shield, wear it down and then do damage quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

~Think I just cheated on Mo'a Keet's shrine (Metal makes a path) -
    I just Stasis'ed the first ball falling out of the near-continuous path to block the others, then sprinted like a mad yoke past it.
    That makes 1 shrine I know I've cheated and a second I'm pretty sure I could have cheated to beat but it's too late now... So, is anyone else out there ripping off the Sages of their hard earned Spirit Orbs? Also, what was I supposed to do on this one?
    I tried golfing the metal ball over to block the stone balls but it kept falling into the lava and returning to it's normal path instead of joining theirs. Ah ****e, could I have Magnesised the metal ball and pushed the other balls back up the slope?

Rhyme wrote: »
    If you're up to exploring, the Jungle area in the South East has two shrines close by each other with two parts of the rubber armour set (third part being in the Thundaga Plains near the Rito town). Helped me with that fight. His impacts still do a lot of damage, but taking some of the lightning damage out of the equation helped.

Tried to parry or properly dodge when he goes fast but it didn't do much (couldn't get the timing down) but what I found handy was as soon as he goes fast to dodge backwards and then begin to swing wildly. You'll hit his shield, wear it down and then do damage quickly enough.

I'm gonna head back and get some fairies where I know they are. I have his attacks nailed down now until the very last one that he got me with.
    My methods so far have been
    Eat food I have to increase attack
    Block with shield until he finishes one of his fast attacks then attack with mini Guardian spear I have until his shield breaks
    Switch to mini Guardian axe and get 1 or 2 hits in before he gets up again.
    Repeat until his energy gets halfway. And when spear breaks, I have another.
    For the second phase, use Magnesis to lift a spike from the ground and hold it beside him until he gets struck by electricity.
    Phase 3. Run. :) think he did 3 attacks before he rests then attack the shield and him.
    He then fires a guardian beam so find cover when the laser sight comes on.
    I died at the next part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got in a fight with a centaur looking guy yesterday. Beat the absolute snot out of me and eventually figured out I didn't have enough weapons to beat him. Snook past and ran into my first Hinox. Got mauled between the two.

Might head back there much later!

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah ****e, could I have Magnesised the metal ball and pushed the other balls back up the slope?

I used the metal battering-ram approach. worked pretty nicely :) I think some of the puzzles are left a bit loose around the edges to encourage people to find alternate ways of completing them.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    He then fires a guardian beam so find cover when the laser sight comes on.
    I died at the next part.

This is the bit I need to deal with. Going to find a stationary Guardian and practice my beam parrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I'm near a tower that has a bunch of flying guardians with searchlights protecting it. Is there a way to kill these things or is it all about stealth? I hate stealth.

So I'm near a tower that has a bunch of flying guardians with searchlights protecting it. Is there a way to kill these things or is it all about stealth? I hate stealth.

Lots of (ancient) arrows and the skill to reflect their laser blasts back at them? I can't do the reflection myself so I'm sneaking past them. They're not too bright though, as long as you vaguely know their routes, you can walk and sprint around them.

I think I'll just head off and gather a few things like fairies and cook some food with the electricity protection items I have

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Any time I can across something like that, I could just go around and climb up the other side. I see them a lot but their line of sight isn't massive so it's fairly easy to get past them.

• Advertisement

Ooooh saw one of them last night. Bypassed it 'cause I needed to find local Shrine to unlock first. Not sure this game suits Stealth Mode - had a go with my local Shock Arrow Supply Centre, spent a good 10 minutes walking around a rock waiting for him to lose interest in the splashy noise I was making before I accidentally started climbing the rock and he caught up. I made a noise like a small spider but clearly it was not very convincing and I was pulped.

How many shock arrows is enough for my assault on the Elephant beast? Not that it matters, I was reverse-psychologied into diving off the mountain by a passive aggressive sign. Just need to figure out how to get aboard the bloody thing now.

Ooooh saw one of them last night. Bypassed it 'cause I needed to find local Shrine to unlock first. Not sure this game suits Stealth Mode - had a go with my local Shock Arrow Supply Centre, spent a good 10 minutes walking around a rock waiting for him to lose interest in the splashy noise I was making before I accidentally started climbing the rock and he caught up. I made a noise like a small spider but clearly it was not very convincing and I was pulped.

How many shock arrows is enough for my assault on the Elephant beast? Not that it matters, I was reverse-psychologied into diving off the mountain by a passive aggressive sign. Just need to figure out how to get aboard the bloody thing now.

20 is the minimum you need but if you're careful with your shooting and pick your moments (bearing in mind arrow drop over distance) you won't need that many. Have a few spears handy though for the pre-show arrow bit, it makes the
    ice block deflection
    a little easier.

Once you have what you need, glide down to the stone jetty jutting out into the reservoir to meet the prince guy, Shidon.

How many shock arrows is enough for my assault on the Elephant beast?

4 shock arrows, if you're a good shot!

Meet the Prince? MEET THE PRINCE?????
    I dived, swam to shore and crossed the lake on Cryonisis platforms. Then the elephant got angry and I'm now platformless and low on stamina, treading water and deciding which direction makes for the prettiest last-thing-I'll-ever-see.

So glad this isn't a Nuzlocke run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Rhyme wrote: »
    Have a few spears handy though for the pre-show arrow bit,

Can use the
    cryosis smashing abillty
    for these, saves on weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

So, is anyone else out there ripping off the Sages of their hard earned Spirit Orbs? Also, what was I supposed to do on this one? 

When doing the Myahm Agana shrine and I was playing on the TV but it used motion controls and I thought it'd be easier in portable mode. I didn't pause so while wrestling it out of the dock and clicking on the joy cons there was a noise from the TV I looked up and with all the movement I had somehow done the challenge ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have Hinox's on farm now basically - they're just ingredient boxes for me. Might go back for another try of Lynel now that I've completed a dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Irish Halo wrote:
    When doing the Myahm Agana shrine and I was playing on the TV but it used motion controls and I thought it'd be easier in portable mode. I didn't pause so while wrestling it out of the dock and clicking on the joy cons there was a noise from the TV I looked up and with all the movement I had somehow done the challenge ...

You can turn the platform upside down too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Mr E wrote: »
    You can turn the platform upside down too. :)
    Probably what happened, I just took my orb, made my excuses and left, didn't even notice the extra chest, should probably go back and get that.

Advertisement