Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

madmoe wrote: »
    Last night I finally had the balls to confront a Lynel and a Hinox and in both cases......I won :D

Just saying!!

;-)

I finished a Major test of strength and went back to the Lynel that was beating me around the place and gave him a good kicking this time with the weapons I got. So satisfying!

I also game Eventide Island a try, it's like a mini rogue-like adventure! That's going to be a tough one to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I take it I'm the only one here who still hasn't gotten their Zelda Wii U order delivered from Amazon?

Any luck today?

I might wait for the remastered version at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I have 9 hearts and 3 stamina upgrades and still only 500 or so rupee's where the hell do you get rupee's to buy clobber?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

The_B_Man wrote: »
    hah, Central Tower. Gas.
    I climbed around the back of it and managed to position myself on each platform in a way that was relatively safe. Was the toughest tower so far. I still have a few to go. Haven't been to the Zora Domain or Gorons yet. Too busy dossing around the villages and shrines!

Is there a way on the Wii U to tell how many hours you've put into this thing? I've seen people talking about it on the Switch.

The log screen on the Wii U menu (picture of bar graph I think...)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

safetyboy wrote: »
    I have 9 hearts and 3 stamina upgrades and still only 500 or so rupee's where the hell do you get rupee's to buy clobber?

Flog your rubies, diamonds, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Are they not needed for crafting at some point? They seem like crafty things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Xofpod wrote: »
    Flog your rubies, diamonds, etc.

Boom, kept my Diamonds, have 4779 rupies now. :eek:

OK, took your advice. Sold off any crap I have too much of, ditched all my amber. Have enough for a house and maybe some new trousers. Cheers!

Beedle gives 70 per luminous stone. He gives 500 for a diamond. I can't help but feel I'm being ripped of by a certain other someone...

5xApples (@3 rupees each) = 15 rupees
    5xApples bakes (@3 rupees each) = also 15 rupees
    5xApples cooked = Simmered Fruit = 50 rupees
    Value add - that's the key!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah you might need a few for crafting, but its only the high level upgrades with the fairies and the ancient armour/weapons vendor. but those are costly and you will need to farm the other items anyway.

My advice would be to sell majority of what you have, keep a few diamonds, the others are easyish to obtain. There also those giant rock mobs you can just farm, they reset on bloodmoons if im not mistaken and drop alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

There's a guy you can gamble with to make money. There's a 1/3 chance of winning so just save before and reload if you lose. I stumbled across him when wandering around and made a quick 1k (still in early game so don't want to go wild).

This probably has the potential to ruin the game by making you so rich you buy everything you come across so use with care. Info on who he is and where to find him can be found online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Any luck today?

I might wait for the remastered version at this stage.

No joy today. Looks like it's the first order in forever that has gone missing on me. And the only game I preordered this year, the only one I've been looking forward to for years. :(

Ah nuts. The house doesn't come with a bed or a fast-travel point or a stable or anything... this is going to be a money pit... and I haven't got any more money! Mobilinf***er! I cudda had some sweet Sheikah pants!
    The B Man wrote:
    hah, Central Tower. Gas.
    I climbed around the back of it and managed to position myself on each platform in a way that was relatively safe. Was the toughest tower so far.

Yeah, I made the mistake of drawing aggro before I got there, not realising until I was lit up like a disco ball. But the layout of the platforms is perfect for some hairy near-misses as long as you have a little extra green juice in the tank for a last-second jump. Where did they get the time to finely sculpt so many tiny little experiences? God help the poor bastards working on the 2nd DLC, they have Hinox sized boots to fill...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah nuts. The house doesn't come with a bed or a fast-travel point or a stable or anything... this is going to be a money pit... and I haven't got any more money! Mobilinf***er! I cudda had some sweet Sheikah pants!

You get furniture, including a bed, when you upgrade all the items. To be honest, it's a bit superfluous. It doesn't add much. There is a fast travel point right beside the house, as it's near a shrine. There's also a statue near it that allows you to swap Stamina upgrades for Hearts and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Physical copies are out of stock everywhere it seems. Can you download this game from Ireland? Any reason to wait for the physical version (besides the 13 GB storage usage)?

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

When you're mining, find a clump of preferably 3 mounds beside each other, save the game and bomb the cluster. You want to be looking for preferably rubies and sapphires, or even topaz. If you don't get any, reload and repeat. Got a diamond once but they're like 1 in a million. However, there are some sites it seems no matter how many times you bomb them, it's always flint, amber and rock salt. I'll list them in descending order and I'll fill in their values for trade-in when I check it out. Diamonds I know are worth 500 rupies.

• Diamond = 500
    • sapphire = 260
    • Ruby = 210
    • Topaz = 180
    • Opal = 60
    • Amber = 30

Luminous Stone is worth 70 but that's mined from green deposits.

I spent a good chunk of this evening just bombing for minerals. Haven't traded anything in yet but I've at least 5,000 I'd say of mineral rock.

Edit: Seems I well underestimated how much it's worth. 16,000. Plus I've 3,000 from other exploits.

Found a stone Talos. Photographed a stone Talos. Used said photograph to track down another Stone Talos. There was a blood moon shortly after. I'm done mining inanimate rock ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

long_b wrote: »
    Physical copies are out of stock everywhere it seems. Can you download this game from Ireland? Any reason to wait for the physical version (besides the 13 GB storage usage)?

Ta!

Downloading is fine and you can download it to the system memory or the SD Card if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm

The only reason to wait for a physical copy of the game is that you can sell it when you're finished with it, you can't sell the digital copy.

Don't forget, you can't lick the label on a digital download!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Oh hey, there is something up on that mountain. Starts climbing... Rain... and I'm down the bottom again... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

odd that, the boss in the main Dungeons are so easy to kill compared to enemies you meet around the world map.
    once you get killed by them once or twice, you know their pattern and can be killed with only having 4 hearths.

love the rewards you get from beating them tho. My first was the
    zora and that upgrade certainly made everything easier
    followed by Vah Medoh Dungeon and just finished the Gerudo area .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Can't believe I just discovered if you cook during a blood moon the cooking effects are enhanced!

Didn't spoiler it because it's very useful esp in the early days. Maybe I missed it because it was in a spoiler earlier that I didn't read. Could have used that info! :)

I've about 93 shrines done, all the beasts, but I'm trying to delay Hyrule Castle as long as possible. I did sneak in though to get the
    Hylian Shield
    which is all kinds of awesome! I've also gotten the hang of taking on Guardians armed with a rusty shield and a tree branch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We need to do a meet up for everyone with amiibos and those without I should have a few of them here including ocarina link, 8 bit link and toon link and should have ganondorf on Monday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fuuuuu! Just spent 15 minutes fighting a Blue Lynel and gradually get him down to 180 health when the fecking Blood Moon resets the whole fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

How good is this game ? Is it worth buying a switch for? I've completed and loved dark souls 1 ,3 and bloodborne. The only zelda game I finished was a link to the past but the reason for that is because I lost all interest in games in my 20s

How good is this game ? Is it worth buying a switch for? I've completed and loved dark souls 1 ,3 and bloodborne. The only zelda game I finished was a link to the past but the reason for that is because I lost all interest in games in my 20s

Look, it's a great game, probably the best I've played in the last year, but it's not worth buying a whole console for alone. I like my Switch, but I'm dreading when I finish this game as it sits there for a while until Mario Kart 7. Come the end of the year, it will be in a stronger place, but I would say, no, it's not currently worth buying a Switch for this. For the same price, you could get a Wii U with this, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, as well as Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask on the VC, which is a better tonic for the blasphemy you've performed for the past few years in ignoring these games! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I bought the switch for this game. Obviously I didn't know if it was worth it at the time. Great game. There's also the possibility of re-release of older zelda games on the switch & hopefully metroid. I'm sure there will be other games I'll try too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can't wait! Tomorrow is the eve of the day where I can contact Amazon to state that my Zelda is officially lost, meaning it is roughly only a week and a half before a replacement arrives through the letterbox!

62fe3e93392300a1c6a702bc71ebb179.jpg

Advertisement