Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like the Many WTF moments. Like seeing a divine beast for the first time while in your way to your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

The island where you loose all your weapons is actually pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Do you need specific types of shield to do that or will any metal one do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

keane2097 wrote: »
    Do you need specific types of shield to do that or will any metal one do the job?

If you mean the deflecting the guardians beam, any shield will do, it's a timing thing. You need to parry right when the guardians eye flashes blue. I've done it with wooden shields with a strength of 4 that are flashing red, and used that to take out the three guardians around the central tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I think I'll have to give this game a break for a day or two! Having dreams at night now about finding shrines and I can't get the stable music out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Star Lord wrote: »
    If you mean the deflecting the guardians beam, any shield will do, it's a timing thing. You need to parry right when the guardians eye flashes blue. I've done it with wooden shields with a strength of 4 that are flashing red, and used that to take out the three guardians around the central tower.

There is a little beep noise after they lock onto you - to me screams hit A... :)

I've only pulled it off once though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Beware the Ganondorf amiibo!
    I was lashing through my amiibos the other night, scanned Ganondorf right before Link. The son of a Hinox spawned bomb barrels. And Link's treasure chest landed on them.

Also, don't scan more than 2 amiibo in a row without gathering whatever resources they spawn, as it looks like at the 3 mark there are too many items in a small area and some of them disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Anyone else getting framerate drops both docked and undocked? It seems to be happening more regularly than when I started playing. Also doesn't seem to be limited to espeically trying environmemts (i.e. rain/storms).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Beware the Ganondorf amiibo!
    I was lashing through my amiibos the other night, scanned Ganondorf right before Link. The son of a Hinox spawned bomb barrels. And Link's treasure chest landed on them.

Yeah, it'll usually spawn a few barrels with rupees in them, but I'd say around 1/2 - 1/3 of the time, it'll also spawn a bomb barrel.
    So depending where they spawn, the chest usually hits at least one of them, breaking them open. Never had it happen with the bomb barrel, that's especially unlucky!

• Advertisement

Ostrom wrote: »
    Anyone else getting framerate drops both docked and undocked? It seems to be happening more regularly than when I started playing. Also doesn't seem to be limited to espeically trying environmemts (i.e. rain/storms).

Got my first real bit of frame stutter while playing last night, paraglided into an area with a Hinox and a few black bokoblins and did a jumping attack from the air. Just as I hit (the first orange pixel appeared to signify contact) it juddered a bit and then continued on. Same thing when doing the rock roast Shrine Quest, three black moblins firing explosive arrows at the same time as I do a jumping attack and a few frames got lost in the mix.

Up to 112 shrines now. Going to continue with the story (last Divine Beast) once I've got the lot so I can wear the nice reward costume for later cutscenes :)

Got the Ancient Armour set as well. Going to upgrade it a bit before going to practice Guardian-tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    Got my first real bit of frame stutter while playing last night, paraglided into an area with a Hinox and a few black bokoblins and did a jumping attack from the air. Just as I hit (the first orange pixel appeared to signify contact) it juddered a bit and then continued on. Same thing when doing the rock roast Shrine Quest, three black moblins firing explosive arrows at the same time as I do a jumping attack and a few frames got lost in the mix.

Up to 112 shrines now. Going to continue with the story (last Divine Beast) once I've got the lot so I can wear the nice reward costume for later cutscenes :)

Got the Ancient Armour set as well. Going to upgrade it a bit before going to practice Guardian-tennis.

Guardian tennis is easy enough. Just wait for the flash of blue in their eye. Then press A.

I'm at 112 or so as well. One or two are quite annoying. There's one where I have to wait for a blood moon. I've been at the spot where I've gotten the blood moon cut scene, but the moon hasn't been bloody, so the shrine isn't opening. I'm just leaving Link standing on the spot while I work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have looked through all my stuff and can't find my link amiibo, I need Epona feckin horse god bridge is just rubbing it in my eyes, the music is so nice in the stable and the area just outside it, I'm regretting not getting the master edition as the music is great so far and I am sure it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Quelle surprise. No Zelda Wii U today. Waiting for tomorrow now to claim for a lost delivery. I notice on the Amazon site that the boxed edition is temporarily out of stock but they have the listing up instead saying that they are providing digital download copies. Well they better not fob me off trying to give me that as an alternative. Gameseek has 30+ copies in stock and if it comes to it, they can bloody buy it from them and then send it to me! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have a few duplicate amiibo cards which can be scanned so I am assuming duplicate wolf link, Zelda, guardian archer link etc could be scanned too, my dream of a wolf pack may become realised soon.

chrislad wrote: »
    Guardian tennis is easy enough. Just wait for the flash of blue in their eye. Then press A.

I'm at 112 or so as well. One or two are quite annoying. There's one where I have to wait for a blood moon. I've been at the spot where I've gotten the blood moon cut scene, but the moon hasn't been bloody, so the shrine isn't opening. I'm just leaving Link standing on the spot while I work :)
    If that's the one I'm thinking of with
    with Kass on one of those umbrella trees above you
    then it's a pain in the ass alright. I've found that having the shrine unlocked across the ravine to the East I think helps as soon as the little red pixels started to filter into my view, I immediately teleported to the nearby shrine and paraglided across, stripped down to Link's underwear and the shrine popped up easily enough.

I've a few of the remaining shrines outlined on my map or areas to explore but once those are done, I'll have to browse that Zelda map thing that's doing the rounds to pick up the remaining one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Ostrom wrote: »

Some of the Moblins in
    Hyrule Castle
    brought my frame rate down to the single digits last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Up to 61 hours play time on this game. Just got my first beast. Only have 6 hearts and 1 stamina upgrade, but have about 20 orbs.
    I think I've been doing too much dilly dallying.
    I did get the
    royal
    horse though, so at least that's something...

Rhyme wrote: »
    If that's the one I'm thinking of with
    with Kass on one of those umbrella trees above you
    then it's a pain in the ass alright. I've found that having the shrine unlocked across the ravine to the East I think helps as soon as the little red pixels started to filter into my view, I immediately teleported to the nearby shrine and paraglided across, stripped down to Link's underwear and the shrine popped up easily enough.

I've a few of the remaining shrines outlined on my map or areas to explore but once those are done, I'll have to browse that Zelda map thing that's doing the rounds to pick up the remaining one or two.

I was literally standing on the spot when they appeared but the blood moon didn't show, even those the cutscene did. Just a normal white full moon.

And it just happened again. The damn game is trolling me!

Edit: After some research, it does seem like this is glitchy. The blood moon can happen repeatedly if the game has been active an extended period of time. So restarted to see if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thanks for the tips on shield deflection, just got my first one ever against
    Waterblight Ganon
    and he was *not* happy. 1 dungeon down, finally. I'm off to Central Tower next, it's payback time.

• Advertisement

After hearing the song recently somewhere, this game just makes Climb Every Mountain from Sound of Music get stuck in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Pac1Man wrote:
    Can't wait! Tomorrow is the eve of the day where I can contact Amazon to state that my Zelda is officially lost, meaning it is roughly only a week and a half before a replacement arrives through the letterbox!

Asendia strike again. Happened to me, item was resent, they lost it again. Finally got Amazon to send it express via an post and I had it in 2 days. Do not believe them when they say there is only one shipping option. Get on the phone with a supervisor.

And all 120 shrines done and dusted. The reward is worth the effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

chrislad wrote: »
    And all 120 shrines done and dusted. The reward is worth the effort :)

Seriously, this is why I'm hesitant about coming in to this thread. Thanks for that spoiler. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    Seriously, this is why I'm hesitant about coming in to this thread. Thanks for that spoiler. :mad:

How is that a spoiler? :confused:

Total number of shrines I'm guessing. Same as I saw complaints on neogaf about the number of korok seeds being spoiled.

So on that note, anyone here using walkthroughs/guides?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Total number of shrines I'm guessing. Same as I saw complaints on neogaf about the number of korok seeds being spoiled.

I glimpsed at a guide for the camel Divine Beast as I couldn't for the life of me find the last terminal. As it turned out I had half-solved one puzzle earlier on and it was to carry over to get the charge passing through the entire beast. I looked as far as working out what I wasn't searching for and then cheated with the puzzle by using the two electric balls to spoof the electrical charge. The way I figure it, if the puzzle could be solved in a second way, it wasn't really cheating.

I'll be looking at the Zelda map to find the last two or three shrines tonight as I have scoured the map, marked a few likely places for the last few but I'm certain to have missed one. I'll be sacrificing the emotional reward of finding it for myself but I'll be gaining not frustrating myself with hours of repeat exploration.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Ironic considering the next post was him posting a video that revealed
    the divine beasts and the Hylian shield
    . Those would be more spoilery I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Anyone else hear 'a whole new world' from Aladdin when they hear the stable music, I've had that God damn song in my head since I started the game!

Advertisement