Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Surely at this stage we're past the whole spoiler stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Anyone else hear 'a whole new world' from Aladdin when they hear the stable music, I've had that God damn song in my head since I started the game!

Why did you have to say that?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Irishbrick wrote: »
    Anyone else hear 'a whole new world' from Aladdin when they hear the stable music, I've had that God damn song in my head since I started the game!

Why did you have to say that?

:(
    To share the pain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Surely at this stage we're past the whole spoiler stage?

It's a huge game that will take a long time before myself and probably a few here get to complete it

Plus it's so vast and there's no real order to it that it's hard to tell where people are at in the game

Someone with 20hrs could have completed more of the story than someone putting in 100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Asendia strike again.

You called it!

I'll wait to hear if Wolverine got his tomorrow morning before I get in touch with Amazon. Waiting until I get home to check just extends it another day.

I would be shocked if they arrived tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think I'll have to give this game a break for a day or two! Having dreams at night now about finding shrines and I can't get the stable music out of my head.

Saw Kong in the cinema. Throughout I was thinking link could be here or could do that. It c
    Definitely get into you

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well i know this weekend I'll be playing a different game On Switch for a bit with the testfire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well i know this weekend I'll be playing a different game On Switch for a bit with the testfire

On that testfire note, do I read correctly that it's only available this weekend, but only for 1 hour bursts four times?

Yep. That's how the one fit splatoon worked as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The ever articulate Mark Brown offers his thoughts. It's largely spoiler free - which is actually something of a shame as I'd love to see him do a really deep dive into some of the mechanics and systems at play here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Fought the
    blighted dragon on top of Mount Lanayru
    last night. One of the creepiest fights with very little music, just a sort of a moaning noise.

Two shrines left now, the
    one in the offshore labyrinth and the one in Kakariko that needs the ball in Impa's house.
    Didn't even need the Zeldamaps website in the end as after the
    Mount Lanayru shrine, the other two lit up in my mind being the shrine of courage in the jungle and the shrine of wisdom near Death Mountain, all needing scales from the dragons.

Now I just need a ton more Ancient gears to
    upgrade my ancient armour
    and I'm good to go :)

A good way to get money as you're travelling, if you see blue glowing rocks, mine them for 'luminous rocks'. Ten of them will get you a diamond from the green Zora out front of the palace during the day working on one of the pillars. Diamonds are worth 500 rupees each. Just from scouting around shrines I got myself over 80 luminous rocks, 4000 rupees easy :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    Fought the
    last night. One of the creepiest fights with very little music, just a sort of a moaning noise.

Two shrines left now, the
    one in the offshore labyrinth and the one in Kakariko that needs the ball in Impa's house.
    Didn't even need the Zeldamaps website in the end as after the
    Mount Lanayru shrine, the other two lit up in my mind being the shrine of courage in the jungle and the shrine of wisdom near Death Mountain, all needing scales from the dragons.

Now I just need a ton more Ancient gears to
    upgrade my ancient armour
    and I'm good to go :)

A good way to get money as you're travelling, if you see blue glowing rocks, mine them for 'luminous rocks'. Ten of them will get you a diamond from the green Zora out front of the palace during the day working on one of the pillars. Diamonds are worth 500 rupees each. Just from scouting around shrines I got myself over 80 luminous rocks, 4000 rupees easy :)

I believe you need diamonds later to upgrade stuff but if you have spare Luminous rocks & you wast cash just trade them in as they are they are 70 rupees each. So you get 700 ruppees for 10 instead of 500 for the diamond

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I believe you need diamonds later to upgrade stuff but if you have spare Luminous rocks & you wast cash just trade them in as they are they are 70 rupees each. So you get 700 ruppees for 10 instead of 500 for the diamond

From what I've seen, you need diamonds to re-make any champions equipment like the Lightscale Trident etc.

Didn't know the rocks sold for more from a store, feel pretty stupid now :o

Does anyone have times/locations for the
    Dragon spawns? I'm upgrading gear so need a few of them. I have the electric one but the fire and ice ones never seem to spawn at the same time for me.

From what I've seen, you need diamonds to re-make any champions equipment like the Lightscale Trident etc.

Didn't know the rocks sold for more from a store, feel pretty stupid now :o
    It took me awhile to realize too. :pac:

chrislad wrote: »
    Dragon spawns? I'm upgrading gear so need a few of them. I have the electric one but the fire and ice ones never seem to spawn at the same time for me.
    North of Death Mountain there is a location called the 'Great Skeleton'. If you go just West of there, there is a Lynel prowling around. That general area is where the fire dragon is closest to the ground, my memory is saying afternoon but I could be wrong.

Am I the only one who thinks the merchants have very poor business sense. Like they might only sell food yet they're willing to buy non food items. Unless they know where they can offload them for a profit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I finally made it to the first Beast yesterday, an absolute blast.
    I am a bit miffed, just a little, that the classical dungeons seem to be limited to these creatures only, and otherwise I have the cyan (so much cyan!) stylings of the shrines in between!
    Unless, I am utterly wrong, and more is to be revealed as I travel around Hyrule.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think the €19.99 dlc will add more to the game in a few months, I was hoping for an ever expanding realm of monsters and tasks, I am taking my time with the game as the scenery and game itself is breath taking so far.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I finally made it to the first Beast yesterday, an absolute blast.
    I am a bit miffed, just a little, that the classical dungeons seem to be limited to these creatures only, and otherwise I have the cyan (so much cyan!) stylings of the shrines in between!
    Unless, I am utterly wrong, and more is to be revealed as I travel around Hyrule.

The beasts are quite simplistic 3D puzzles with a boss fight really. The shrines are the real meat of the game. There's a great range of puzzles and quests to get them all.

Hopefully the DLC will give a few more. Pity we have to wait so long.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the merchants have very poor business sense. Like they might only sell food yet they're willing to buy non food items. Unless they know where they can offload them for a profit.

I regularly sell gems to Beedle, where he has all that cash on him to pay out is beyond me.

I don't buy arrows anymore, I warp to Zora Kingdom and glide down that winding road until I reach the Lizalfo sections. Going through there regularly nets me 50-60 arrows easily (and sometime a bit more) with almost no effort as they are all looking the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, the beasts are giant puzzles, but I kinda love that. There are some of the shrines that are quite long (comparatively) that are quite enjoyable, and some that are quite short but infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fought the

Fought him 2 nights ago - was just
    wandering around looking for a good place to Snowboard, then got carried away running along the knife-edge of the mountain tops like a Braveheart montage when the atmosphere started getting a little creepy, and I figured that was a good sign I should either turn around immediately or save and press on. Out of interest, did you finish the fight on the mountain top? When I was fighting him I had to chase him down the mountain side with the Paraglider, and use a combination of Updraft and Slow-motion bow aiming to get the last cling-on off his tail, but I figured that's because I'm a terrible shot and was taking too long.

Incidentally, if you're reading this and have yet to attempt this fight (Shame on you Sligeach! I spoiler-tagged it and everything!), and like me you have a tendency to run around with 3/4 of a heart avoiding conflict, don't worry if you have to chase him down the mountain, you don't have to climb back up after.

Maybe I just never noticed before, but the night after I cleaned him up he was patrolling the night sky. Between that and the elephant laser permanently blasting across the stratosphere, if I'm ever in doubt that my unfocused rambling is having any positive effect on the world I just have to look up...

Cannot for the life of me find a 3rd ancient core. Booo!
    Took out a stationary guardian while looking, using only a pot lid. Hurray!
    Was exploring a vast unexplored wilderness, untouched by man since time immemorial, came across a korok I'd clearly found a couple of nights before. Booo!
    Found a "Luminous stone" variant Talos. Hurray!
    Was owned by a Luminous Stone Talos. Boo!

Sailed out to Eventide Island for a second go. Did alright initially, took some damage clearing the beach but I caught some fish to cook to offset that. Except it rained, a full on thunderstorm, so there was no fire where I wanted fire and fire everywhere f*&%ing else. Does that happen a lot? I'd like to use it to my advantage against a certain someone but if it can't be planned for there's no point in planning around it. Luckily while I was pondering that conundrum a yellow chu chu chew-chewed me and sent me packing.

Couple of quick questions.
    I hear there's climbing equipment that everyone gets. I didn't - where do you buy it?
    Can you pickpocket a Hinox while it's asleep?
    If Zoras have a full dolphin for a head, do they have separate arses for their humanoid and porpoisian anatomies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I got this fella last night:

WVW69kK2OokTbqmVyZ

FYI, he was useless and ran like a girl!

Banjo wrote: »
    Couple of quick questions.
    I hear there's climbing equipment that everyone gets. I didn't - where do you buy it?
    If Zoras have a full dolphin for a head, do they have separate arses for their humanoid and porpoisian anatomies?

1. I got it in various shrines, as far as I can recall. You can buy it but have to do a couple of quests first.
    2. Yes. If you is super sneaky!
    3. Finally, someone is asking the real questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Never managed to climb up onto him while asleep can sneak up alright but he always wakes as I go to climb.
    Much easier to para-glide onto him from above. Came across the one in Shrouded Shrine last night. You are in complete darkness with only a torch when you can keep it lit and only a few luminous stones and silent princesses to keep your bearings. Was nearly giving up when I stumbled into him fled through a gap in wall and let him go back to sleep. Tried sneaking back but I woke him feck just I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way. Was much easier than last Hinox I took down down. Couple of shock arrows and a few thumps he was gone. Have 11 hearts now, found second fairy fountain so have armour upgraded twice and have a fairly decent collection of weapons. Have a few spots marked if I need replacements

Up to 40 shrines and no beasts done yet with 70 hours put in. Starting get harder to find some of them! How have lads all of them! How many hours have you played?

Ryath wrote: »
    Never managed to climb up onto him while asleep can sneak up alright but he always wakes as I go to climb.
    Much easier to para-glide onto him from above. Came across the one in Shrouded Shrine last night. You are in complete darkness with only a torch when you can keep it lit and only a few luminous stones and silent princesses to keep your bearings. Was nearly giving up when I stumbled into him fled through a gap in wall and let him go back to sleep. Tried sneaking back but I woke him feck just I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way. Was much easier than last Hinox I took down down. Couple of shock arrows and a few thumps he was gone. Have 11 hearts now, found second fairy fountain so have armour upgraded twice and have a fairly decent collection of weapons. Have a few spots marked if I need replacements

Up to 40 shrines and no beasts done yet with 70 hours put in. Starting get harder to find some of them! How have lads all of them! How many hours have you played?
    I recommend going for Gerudo beast first. The reward will help you with Hinox battles. I find them really easy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ryath wrote: »

Saw in a vid how to do it
    wait until he rests his left hand on the ground, stand on the palm and he gives you a lift up. Can snag all the goodies off his necklace this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I farmed Naydra's drops by standing on the mountains by the East Gate near Mount Lanayru around midnight, while I got Dinraal by waiting at the ridge outside the Forgotten Temple on the west side of the map at about 03:00.
    I recommend going for Gerudo beast first. The reward will help you with Hinox battles. I find them really easy now.

Is that not the hardest one?
    Rito and Zora seemed the easiest to me.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, did you finish the fight on the mountain top? When I was fighting him I had to chase him down the mountain side with the Paraglider, and use a combination of Updraft and Slow-motion bow aiming to get the last cling-on off his tail, but I figured that's because I'm a terrible shot and was taking too long.
    I hit all but one of his eyes as he was up high but the last eye he kept closed so I had to follow him down until it opened. Had Skyward Sword in mind when I tried to land on him... didn't work so bullet-time sniping was the key there.

I did the Zora one first as I felt I was being pushed that way with easier enemies. Gerudo and Rito had more difficult enemies en route and I found the Gerudo Divine Beast the hardest once inside.

The Gerudo and Rito ones were easy outside though whereas the Zora one was the most difficult outside so far (haven't beaten the Death Mountain one yet).

Found the Shrouded Temple very disorientating, kept on running towards light sources and dying before I thought "oh hey, through down some flint and wood, hit it with a sword and you have a fire". Finding the
    Hinox
    scared the life out of me, great moment seeing a foot emerge from the gloom.

Advertisement