Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I farmed Naydra's drops by standing on the mountains by the East Gate near Mount Lanayru around midnight, while I got Dinraal by waiting at the ridge outside the Forgotten Temple on the west side of the map at about 03:00.

Is that not the hardest one?
    Rito and Zora seemed the easiest to me.

My order was
    Zora, Gerudo, Rito, Goron. I found the Gerudo one to be the easiest actually. The Rito one was the easiest I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Does anyone know how much Zelda for switch is on Eshop? I'm buying a switch tomorrow but GameStop here and Argos haven't got ZeLDA in stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Its €69.99 unfortunately.

Its $60 on the American eShop if you wanna buy it there... Just be careful re downloading from American eShop as I think that means you'll have to purchase the DLC there too (if you so choose)

Edit: You can buy it on CDKeys for €65
    http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-switch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Rhyme wrote: »
    I regularly sell gems to Beedle, where he has all that cash on him to pay out is beyond me.

I don't buy arrows anymore, I warp to Zora Kingdom and glide down that winding road until I reach the Lizalfo sections. Going through there regularly nets me 50-60 arrows easily (and sometime a bit more) with almost no effort as they are all looking the other way.

I read a good glitch to earn as many arrows as you want. When you see a bunch of bokoblins on horseback, turn the camera so it's overhead. They keep shooting arrows at you but bizarrely feck all hit. I racked up 400 with a heart taken from damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

So I emailed about my missing Zelda, and Amazon are sending out a replacement on the 24th (maybe they have to wait until then for it to be back in stock first). To arrive between the 25th and 27th, so only one more week. But going by the comments on this thread alone, it should be worth the (extended) wait. :)

• Advertisement

*sniff*. Finished it. *sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Is there somewhere to buy or mine ancient gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a merchant on the way to Hateno who sells them, but you usually run into him in front of a bunch of scavengable wrecks

Irishbrick wrote: »

There are loads of wrecks that give gears and screws. You'll end up with loads anyway once you get strong enough to take on guardians and once you go through shrine quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »

There are loads of wrecks that give gears and screws. You'll end up with loads anyway once you get strong enough to take on guardians and once you go through shrine quests.
    Thats my problem, I'm over a 100 shrines in, two beats done and still a shortage of ancient gear, have loads of the others (screws, shafts) but gears are elusive as hell for me!

Thats my problem, I'm over a 100 shrines in, two beats done and still a shortage of ancient gear, have loads of the others (screws, shafts) but gears are elusive as hell for me!

Have you taken down many of the guardians around the Hyrule Castle area? They have loads of gears generally. My shortage is for cores generally. They only seem to drop one in four.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The mobile guardians seem to drop gears way more than the stationary ones, in my experience at least!

Yeah I've taken down a few of them, ill go back hunting at the castle later
    What an absolute gem of a game, it's amazing!

If you can, hack off their legs. Each leg drops some ancient gear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

God damn just used toon link got the Boomerang and got hacked down by a moblin before saving, damn amiibo has been used now so tomorrow I need to try again.

Pee 'd off I passed up loads of cheap zelda amiibos in the past 6 months am going to Argos to pay €15 for ganondorf and he's €5 in smyths or €8 in cex but none near me, I know 2 people with the full zelda sets bought as dust gatherers on top of their wardrobes or on a shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Do the smaller guardians respawn in the shrines, there is one right beside the stables where I got a spear gear and shaft from the guardian I killed. Haven't been back yet but if these items are so few and far between it might be worth going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So I emailed about my missing Zelda, and Amazon are sending out a replacement on the 24th (maybe they have to wait until then for it to be back in stock first). To arrive between the 25th and 27th, so only one more week. But going by the comments on this thread alone, it should be worth the (extended) wait. :)

They told me that BOTW is unavailable from their suppliers. Ended up getting a refund.

I have a copy on the way from The Game Collection now. Tenner more expensive but such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've been playing for ages and I've just got my Sheika slate repaired the weird little old lady girl. Must be about half way through by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

in walkthrough terms, I think you're about 3 steps from completing the tutorial and starting the main game proper. Welcome to Hyrule! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Pac1Man wrote: »
    They told me that BOTW is unavailable from their suppliers. Ended up getting a refund.

I have a copy on the way from The Game Collection now. Tenner more expensive but such is life.

Amazon told you that? That's crazy! Yesterday it was on the website as "in stock on March 25" in orange, and right now it's "in stock" in green.
    Edit: my re-order has been updated to Dispatching Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Amazon told you that? That's crazy! Yesterday it was on the website as "in stock on March 25", and right now it's "in stock" in green.

Yes they said it was available from 3rd party suppliers but they were unable to source it from them directly. Strange one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally got the last piece of the twilight princess clothing from the link amiibo, now to see if I can get the others :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is there a place people can get amiibos from without paying through the nose?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is there a place people can get amiibos from without paying through the nose?
    Exactly what he said!

fixxxer wrote: »
    I've been playing for ages and I've just got my Sheika slate repaired the weird little old lady girl. Must be about half way through by now?

HAHAHA! Nope :)

Do the smaller guardians respawn in the shrines, there is one right beside the stables where I got a spear gear and shaft from the guardian I killed. Haven't been back yet but if these items are so few and far between it might be worth going back.

I believe they respawn with the <eerie voice>BLOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOON</eerie voice>

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

So, finished the final fight last night. Over 65 hours of play time and loved every minute.

I decided to load up the post final fight save and check my complete perentage, after doing:
    All shrines
    All divine beasts
    All memories
    maybe 100 korok seeds
    Not sure how many side quests
    All story quests and Ganon

And my completion percentage is... drum roll...
    25.6%

For the remaining percentage,
    the 900 kook seeds are worth about 72% of completion apparently, and a few percent for visiting some locations

:eek::eek:

SgtBob wrote: »
    So, finished the final fight last night. Over 65 hours of play time and loved every minute.

I decided to load up the post final fight save and check my complete perentage, after doing:
    All shrines
    All divine beasts
    All memories
    maybe 100 korok seeds
    Not sure how many side quests
    All story quests and Ganon

And my completion percentage is... drum roll...
    25.6%

For the remaining percentage,
    the 900 kook seeds are worth about 72% of completion apparently, and a few percent for visiting some locations

:eek::eek:

Yeah, it's a big f-no to all those
    seeds
    from me.

END FIGHT SPOILERS SO DON'T OPEN IF YOU HAVEN'T CLEARED IT OR DONE ALL SHRINES ETC
    I found the end very, very easy. I had the master sword, full hearts, and stamina, as well as all the divine beast, and I upgraded fully the whole Tunic/Cap/Pants of the Wild set (which was 94 armour in total). I breezed through Hyrule Castle, killing at whim. Ganon was a pushover, especially when the Divine Beasts took half his health. The last part was cool, but really, really easy to beat him. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but it probably would have been a challenge if I hadn't collected everything else!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

chrislad wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a big f-no to all those
    seeds
    from me.

END FIGHT SPOILERS SO DON'T OPEN IF YOU HAVEN'T CLEARED IT OR DONE ALL SHRINES ETC
    I found the end very, very easy. I had the master sword, full hearts, and stamina, as well as all the divine beast, and I upgraded fully the whole Tunic/Cap/Pants of the Wild set (which was 94 armour in total). I breezed through Hyrule Castle, killing at whim. Ganon was a pushover, especially when the Divine Beasts took half his health. The last part was cool, but really, really easy to beat him. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but it probably would have been a challenge if I hadn't collected everything else!!!

Yes, I agree.

Advertisement