Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gaaah I really want to read those spoilers... but only if it doesn't spoil anything. Torn between two lovers... feeling like a foooooool....

Accidentally bombed my pet Wolf Link when he was jumped by 3 coyotes. Took him down to 1 heart, left him whimpering. But he got his nose right in there and ate the meat the Coyotes left behind, healing himself! I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just at my second divine beast. all my arrow supplies gone ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo wrote: »
    Gaaah I really want to read those spoilers... but only if it doesn't spoil anything. Torn between two lovers... feeling like a foooooool....

Accidentally bombed my pet Wolf Link when he was jumped by 3 coyotes. Took him down to 1 heart, left him whimpering. But he got his nose right in there and ate the meat the Coyotes left behind, healing himself! I love this game.

To non spoiler summarise, the endgame may be less challenging if you collect all the side quest stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm not sure about the rhyming, but a good video from Super Bunnyhop all the same. Had a chuckle at all the waiting to get in and out of shrines.

It contains spoilers so watch at your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I hope the rhyming doesn't become his new 'thing'. He's the best out there imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I honestly have no idea where they are hiding those
    Korok seeds. I've played over 60 hours now but only have 72 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Ha, love it, regarding Hinox
    I see you can just use their hand to climb up on and them, then steal their tressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oaki is a prick!

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Possibly just tiredness yesterday but couldn't get my head around the desert Divine Beast at all.

It's my second one I've done and they are the only parts so far that I haven't found that enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Yiga clan HQ left me properly frustrated last night. Think I need to give it a break for a day or two.
    Possibly just tiredness yesterday but couldn't get my head around the desert Divine Beast at all.

It's my second one I've done and they are the only parts so far that I haven't found that enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I was exactly the same last night, second one too and ended up turning it off because I just couldn't be bothered. Don't like the 3d maps of the divine beasts at all. think I need a bit of a break from it. Getting a bit repetitive and finding a lot of the exploration and hours put in offering not much reward at times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I think I've wandered into a place I'm not supposed to be yet. I found a shrine with "A modest Test of strength" and there's a robot with an axe and shield that one hit kills me every time. I feel like I could take him if I'm patient but I find the lock on system for enemies a bit tricky to manage.

Wow just got to Gerudo desert. beautiful

fixxxer wrote: »
    I think I've wandered into a place I'm not supposed to be yet. I found a shrine with "A modest Test of strength" and there's a robot with an axe and shield that one hit kills me every time. I feel like I could take him if I'm patient but I find the lock on system for enemies a bit tricky to manage.

They become easy after you get to know them. they wrecked my head, use your shield to deflect the beams back at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Xofpod wrote: »
    Yiga clan HQ left me properly frustrated last night. Think I need to give it a break for a day or two.

Think like a ninja. Hidden walls (Magnesis), striking from above (bananas) and stealth gear. The
    boss fight
    at the end is great.

Don't forget to get the shrine before you head into the base, makes repeat visits much easier.

Also, for those having trouble with the tests of strength, the Stasis rune works (somewhat) on Guardians.
    Just got the Tunic etc of the Wild last night. Now I need to hunt some dragons to upgrade it. Could face Ganon at any time but want to poke around a bit more beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There were hidden walls
    apart from the room at the end
    ? I didn't get a shrine near there so was kinda annoying. I finally got it completed by
    sneaking past the first 2 guys as normal, but for the room with multiple guys, I ran to the barrel then used it to get it finished

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

safetyboy wrote: »
    They become easy after you get to know them. they wrecked my head, use your shield to deflect the beams back at them.

I've only got a wooden shield, can I still deflect?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I found one of those last week heading up to Zora's domain I think, so it's not the case that you shouldn't be there. Could just be them making the point that you don't have to finish every shrine right now - maybe go start saving the world and come back later? That was the first one I walked away from, and it started me down a downward spiral of not climbing every mountain or swimming every sea!

Got a bit annoyed with the Desert - the heat, the dust, the hot pointy Gerudo women taunting me with their washerboard abs - and went for a wander. Found me a new, regal steed. Then found another shrine at the bottom of a hole that I can't climb out of and it doesn't function as a warp point as a result. Grrrrrr. Not liking the left hand side of the map at all, except maybe that mountain that may or may not be a shrine to Iwata.
    I've only got a wooden shield, can I still deflect?
    You certainly can. Pot lid + well timed deflection = BOOOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Cannot for the fkn life of me deflect Guardian blasts! Like an idiot only figured you could do it last night by pure chance, since then just can't get timing right and havin the benefit of one of the beast rewards to back me is making it more difficult to practice it!

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There were hidden walls
    apart from the room at the end
    ? I didn't get a shrine near there so was kinda annoying. I finally got it completed by
    sneaking past the first 2 guys as normal, but for the room with multiple guys, I ran to the barrel then used it to get it finished
    The main entryway, the ones you have to burn. Some have chests, some enemies and one has the entrance. Didn't find any more than that.

I went up the wall in the last room and found a chest and a ton of bananas :) Went back to a ladder, glided over to a ladder on the opposite side of the room, strolled to the guard at the door, threw some bananas over his head and walked through the door.

Trawled the place after the boss for loads of equipment and treasure.

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Cannot for the fkn life of me deflect Guardian blasts! Like an idiot only figured you could do it last night by pure chance, since then just can't get timing right and havin the benefit of one of the beast rewards to back me is making it more difficult to practice it!

Just press A when their eye flashes blue. Works 90% of the time, every time! You may need to adjust slightly based on distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

chrislad wrote: »
    Irishbrick wrote: »

Just press A when their eye flashes blue. Works 90% of the time, every time! You may need to adjust slightly based on distances.
    Ill try it, save me a bloody fortune on bomb arrows if I master it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

chrislad wrote: »
    To non spoiler summarise, the endgame may be less challenging if you collect all the side quest stuff.
    Majora's Mask was the same, if you have all the masks the final boss was basically a cut scene.

On Topic

I'm currently just wandering around finding/finishing shrines and the occasional memory but haven't gone back to show any to Impa to trigger the next part of the story(maybe?). I have a long flight and trip coming up so just doing some groundwork so I can get on with the story once I settle into my seat.

I'm kind of studiously avoiding combat as I am crap at it and kind of brute forcing the "minor test of strengths" by running away and using stasis/bombs. Think I need to go back to the plateau and practise on easier foes and build up.

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I'm kind of studiously avoiding combat as I am crap at it and kind of brute forcing the "minor test of strengths" by running away and using stasis/bombs. Think I need to go back to the plateau and practise on easier foes and build up.

Something I did to improve my combat and give me confidence in fights was to take on Bokoblins while equipped with a sword and shield, holding up the shield and hitting 'A' when the Bokoblin swings to parry their blow. It gives you a chance to attack them and improves timing for later battles. If you get good at it and at dodging, any one-on-one fight becomes beatable. Tactics come into play with multiple enemies, ranged combat, Guardians etc but they're manageable if you have the basics.

I avoided most combat early on but beating my first Lynel taught me a lot*. Beat my first big Guardian last night, heart didn't stop thumping until well after the Guardian died.

*I went from that to a white-maned Lynel within a few hours. That was the toughest fight I've had so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I'm currently just wandering around finding/finishing shrines and the occasional memory but haven't gone back to show any to Impa to trigger the next part of the story(maybe?).

TBH the main story is really just "Beat Ganon", the 4 divine beasts will help you beat him if you want.

The rest is meeting the people, hearing their stories, doing the side quests, exploring the shrines, getting better equipment, enhancing your clothing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rhyme wrote: »
    *I went from that to a white-maned Lynel within a few hours. That was the toughest fight I've had so far.

He was really tough, that fight was a big challenge! Was happy to beat him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What are the numbers beside the beast power icons on the left? One had a x2 but now has x1. I haven't used it recently

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What are the numbers beside the beast power icons on the left? One had a x2 but now has x1. I haven't used it recently

The elephant one is a x1 and recharges once it's used. The others have x3 uses (I think) and only recharge back to x3 after all three have been used. If I have only one of a power left and am approaching an event I'll want the powers for, I'll use the last one and let it recharge back to x3.

• Advertisement

Ah I was wondering what those symbols were when I saw them on videos. I turned off all the HUD stuff, as I didn't like the look of it, and it took away from the game a bit

Advertisement