Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, strange it waits until you've used them all. I've only got the Water and desert beasts. Going on to the bird next. Tried Death mountain but need to get heat resistant first

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, strange it waits until you've used them all. I've only got the Water and desert beasts. Going on to the bird next. Tried Death mountain but need to get heat resistant first

The bird (Rito) is a lot of fun. Outside and inside is good (reminded me a little of the City in the Sky of Twilight Princess. I found the boss easy though, but that could have been my play style.

For Death Mountain
    , there is astable near the base with a lady who sells heat resistant potions (not sun resistance, that's for the desert). You can buy all three and make your way up the slopes until you get to a little mining camp, some Gorons and a guy catching lizards. Catch him 10 lizards and he gives you heat resistant gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

fixxxer wrote: »
    I think I've wandered into a place I'm not supposed to be yet. I found a shrine with "A modest Test of strength" and there's a robot with an axe and shield that one hit kills me every time. I feel like I could take him if I'm patient but I find the lock on system for enemies a bit tricky to manage.

I can guess which shrine you're at. Same thing happened to me. I left it and came back later but the young lad bashed through it while still underpowered (went through a good few weapons :D). The great thing about this game is you can pick your path. It's so well balanced between grinding and progression.

There's something so beautiful about this game. I know there's better graphics out there, but this game has made me wow out loud a few times now. Came across
    Hyrule Lake and the dragon
    the last day and just stopped for and looked around for 5 mins. Goosebumps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

xckjoo wrote: »
    I can guess which shrine you're at. Same thing happened to me. I left it and came back later but the young lad bashed through it while still underpowered (went through a good few weapons :D). The great thing about this game is you can pick your path. It's so well balanced between grinding and progression.

The path choosing is not going well for me :D

At the lab where the
    shieka slat gets fixed
    I went outside and it was a massive rain storm and foggy as hell. I looked around and saw an orange glow in the distance and though "I'm up pretty high, I can glide to there..." Jumped off the mountain and glided for what felt like forever through pea soup, unable to see anything except the orange glow of the shrine slowly getting bigger... until I break through the clouds and find myself over the open sea, miles from land and clearly not going to reach the shrine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Rhyme wrote: »
    Something I did to improve my combat and give me confidence in fights was to take on Bokoblins while equipped with a sword and shield, holding up the shield and hitting 'A' when the Bokoblin swings to parry their blow. It gives you a chance to attack them and improves timing for later battles. If you get good at it and at dodging, any one-on-one fight becomes beatable. Tactics come into play with multiple enemies, ranged combat, Guardians etc but they're manageable if you have the basics.

I avoided most combat early on but beating my first Lynel taught me a lot*. Beat my first big Guardian last night, heart didn't stop thumping until well after the Guardian died.

*I went from that to a white-maned Lynel within a few hours. That was the toughest fight I've had so far.

Felt exactly the same after beating my first Lynel......now I know how to do it I'm fearless for the next one! Took out a full sized Guardian on the back of that Lynel defeat last night ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Funny that, I've no problem with guardians but lynels are handing me my behind when I try fight em!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For Lynels I think it's all about the dodge and the flurry strikes. Apart from that damned White Maned Lynel, which is too fond of it's shock and fire attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Star Lord wrote: »
    For Lynels I think it's all about the dodge and the flurry strikes. Apart from that damned White Maned Lynel, which is too fond of it's shock and fire attacks.

Did anyone come across the one in the coliseum yet? That's a tough fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Pretty impressed with Amazon's help with my missing order tbh. Had to wait until Tuesday to claim it was missing, but they responded quickly with an email to inform me that a replacement was just issued, with standard postage via An Post (so with tracking), dispatched last night and in the Dublin depot now. The order indicates that it'll be delivered tomorrow, can't wait (any longer)! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Anybody else find the Mounted Archery challenge tricky? The 20 balloons in a minute one.

Closest I've come to stasis launching my Wii U controller across the room!:D

If it's not one thing throwing me off its another.

Bows breaking, horse veering off path just as i'm about to shoot, poor gyro control, running out of arrows, running out of time. Threw in the towel after i'd wasted my arrows as the chap doing the challenge doesn't even bother restocking if you've already bought from him!

Must have hit 17-18 about a dozen times.

Tried turning gyroscope control off but i've become so used to using it it's even more difficult without! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anybody else find the Mounted Archery challenge tricky? The 20 balloons in a minute one.

Closest I've come to stasis launching my Wii U controller across the room!:D

If it's not one thing throwing me off its another.

Bows breaking, horse veering off path just as i'm about to shoot, poor gyro control, running out of arrows, running out of time. Threw in the towel after i'd wasted my arrows as the chap doing the challenge doesn't even bother restocking if you've already bought from him!

Must have hit 17-18 about a dozen times.

Tried turning gyroscope control off but i've become so used to using it it's even more difficult without! :(

Can't wait to try it. I have fond memories trying to beat an archery challenge while riding Epona in Ocarina of Time, I must have repeated it countless times before I eventually hit all the targets within the time limit. Aw the nostalgia. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

chrislad wrote: »
    Did anyone come across the one in the coliseum yet? That's a tough fight.

Haha did u actually go down to him? I just
    lobbed a rake of bombs down at him from above
    . Took me about 20 mins, but was the only Lynel I managed to kill so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still rambling around the game rather than getting on with things seen my first full on thunder storm last night, scary running through the jungle had the leaf weapon equipped by chance so didn't die but the effects are mesmerising, the game is perfect, most fun I have had being tortured in quite a while, am gonna switch it off tonight though so I can try Splatoon.

Mmm...
    Dark Link
    armour set.

Love the glowing eyes and the fearful responses from people. BOO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

The flurry attacks and dodging worked a treat for me so far on both of the Lynels I killed! It should be fun once I come across the White Maned Lynel!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thinking of investing in some NFC chicanery. I keep forgetting to scan my Link and Ganondorf 'cause they're at home but I have my Animal Crossing cards in my Switch case. I'm swimming in raw meat but miles off finishing the Twilight set...

Found the 2nd Great Fairy and belatedly found the other 2 pieces of the Zora armour, set bonus is a bit meh. Might have been more useful headed for Vah Ruta.

Got stuck into a Major Test of Strength. Didn't beat it but considering I've never come close on a Moderate one I was bloody impressed with myself getting him down to 1/4 of health at the expense of pretty much every weapon I had on me. Alas, forgot my final sword was 2 handed so my attempts at deflection in what I hope was the final phase were pitifully comical. Do chests in Shrines / the wild respawn with a bloodmoon? Can you get the high-utility weapons like elemental swords back? I can't be without me back-warmer!

madmoe wrote: »
    The flurry attacks and dodging worked a treat for me so far on both of the Lynels I killed! It should be fun once I come across the White Maned Lynel!

For the White-Maned Lynel, practice hitting him in the face with arrows. Can cancel some of his more annoying attacks.

He's a good upgrade on the normal Lynel. More aggressive, will close with you faster, deal damage and then reel away for a ranged attack. A ton of health as well so be prepared for a long battle. If you can stun him and have a good two-handed weapon, hold down the attack button and you'll do a spin attack that continues as long as you have stamina. Can do a lot of damage but be prepared to cancel it and run away/block/parry as Lynels, apart from the aforementioned face attack, cannot be stun-locked effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I picked up 1 Guardian arrow, are these hard to come buy and what do they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They are hard enough to come by. They one-shot Guardians, if you hit them in the 'eye'.

They are hard enough to come by. They one-shot Guardians, if you hit them in the 'eye'.

Ooh, good to know. Skulked around Hyrule Castle last night for the last memory and was painted with laser targets so many times I just wanted to start taking them on. Good to know if I have enough Guardian Arrows I have a choice between combat and paragliding down and bullet-time* arrow'ing them in the face :)

*arrow-time? Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Where at people getting the armour sets btw? ive only found three places
    the gerudo secret club and hateno village and the tech lab

Where at people getting the armour sets btw? ive only found three places
    the gerudo secret club and hateno village and the tech lab

Some are from shrines (Climbing gear and Barbarian gear) some are sold (Shiekah gear, Snowquill gear, Death Mountain gear, Knight Armour gear etc) and some are acquired in the world like the Zora gear, Wild gear and the Dark Link gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Some are from shrines (Climbing gear and Barbarian gear) some are sold (Shiekah gear, Snowquill gear, Death Mountain gear, Knight Armour gear etc) and some are acquired in the world like the Zora gear, Wild gear and the Dark Link gear.

dang, ive done 52 shrines and never got any of armour , only weapons and shields, must have passed the good ones unless the amour is in the bonus chests in the shirnes, ive missed a good few of those

dang, ive done 52 shrines and never got any of armour , only weapons and shields, must have passed the good ones unless the amour is in the bonus chests in the shirnes, ive missed a good few of those

Some of them, from what I remember are from the tests of strength so the chest before the monk has the gear. I know at least one part of the climbing set is in a bonus chest (the one with the buttons that tilt platforms, moving a ball around). Apart from that, I don't know.

I've only missed two or three bonus chests (one being the hammer-golf shrine) so I couldn't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ooh, good to know. Skulked around Hyrule Castle last night for the last memory and was painted with laser targets so many times I just wanted to start taking them on. Good to know if I have enough Guardian Arrows I have a choice between combat and paragliding down and bullet-time* arrow'ing them in the face :)

*arrow-time? Who knows.

Only works if you wear the black trenchcoat and raybans like Neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Can you remember the name of the climbing gear shrine? I want to go back for that but can't recall where it was....
    Some of them, from what I remember are from the tests of strength so the chest before the monk has the gear. I know at least one part of the climbing set is in a bonus chest (the one with the buttons that tilt platforms, moving a ball around). Apart from that, I don't know.

I've only missed two or three bonus chests (one being the hammer-golf shrine) so I couldn't be sure.

Xofpod wrote: »
    Can you remember the name of the climbing gear shrine? I want to go back for that but can't recall where it was....

The bandana is acquired through one of the shrines around the Duelling Peaks* (en route to Kakariko from the Great Plateau). My memory is telling me one of the ones below the peaks.

*there are four I believe, two up top that have annoying puzzles that require you to visit the other and remember a pattern, one below, near the river and one on the East side, near the stable, that you have to glide to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Xofpod wrote: »

I got a climbing tunic fighting a guardian at Chaas Qeta shrine earlier, near the Island...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Yiga clan fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like the ones appearing with the dragon blade (or whatever the round one is called). It's a good powerful weapon. I run from the big ones.
    Yeah I'm pretty much a coward playing this game

Advertisement