Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's not cowardice, it's intelligent health management!

Still not bored.... any time spent not in combat is time that my "gifts" can be recharging. Upgraded some armour last night (not impressed with the Zora set bonus but I love the sound of "Night Stealth" on the Sheikah gear, sounds like a Bang Camaro song!). Paraglided (paraglid?) onto the top of a multistory Black Lizard Layer and just laid waste to them - a far cry from bleary-eyed ingenue who couldn't clear a 3-bokoblin cave on day 1. Alarmed by how few shrines I've found on the left hand side of the map. It's very barren... Climbed my first Hinox, didn't fancy anything off his necklace so paraglid down and accidentally whistled loudly beside his ear. He chases you for a surprisingly long distance. Aaaaah I was short on arrows and already knew there was no payoff - besides he's now an endangered species :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Banjo wrote: »

Still not bored.... any time spent not in combat is time that my "gifts" can be recharging. Upgraded some armour last night (not impressed with the Zora set bonus but I love the sound of "Night Stealth" on the Sheikah gear, sounds like a Bang Camaro song!). Paraglided (paraglid?) onto the top of a multistory Black Lizard Layer and just laid waste to them - a far cry from bleary-eyed ingenue who couldn't clear a 3-bokoblin cave on day 1. Alarmed by how few shrines I've found on the left hand side of the map. It's very barren... Climbed my first Hinox, didn't fancy anything off his necklace so paraglid down and accidentally whistled loudly beside his ear. He chases you for a surprisingly long distance. Aaaaah I was short on arrows and already knew there was no payoff - besides he's now an endangered species :D
    Shrines on the West side are all hidden in crags and in ravines and inside other things, hard to find. There are a few out in the open, you'll find them first.

A friend of mine who is living abroad has expressed an interest in the game so I'm already planning finishing the game and then playing up to a certain point and stopping so that when he's back, I can jump straight into it. I'm thinking I'll get all the Divine Beast fights rolling (the Prince waiting for me for the Zora fight, the Gerudo lady waiting at the outpost for that fight, Rito guy at training grounds for that fight etc) so I can show him those as well as the travelling to them (ravines and desert for Gerudo, mountain passes and gullies for Zora, mountains and forests for Rito etc). Show him a Guardian battle and a few shrine puzzles.

If he has longer, get him to play through the Great Plateau part as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Until the next Blood Moon.

If you sleep in a bed, do your Divine gifts fully recharge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

4 little radishes, 1 big radish, cook for 15 seconds, and voila!

Does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Get yourself a toon link amiibo, he is great for arrows, bomb, ice and fire so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The first four shrines you encounter in your exploration of Hyrule on the Great Plateau all pay homage to the power of the Triforce. The monks encountered at the end of the shrines are holding their hands in such a way that combined, they reference the most powerful object in the Zelda universe.
    zk57575gg6ny.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/612ldm/the_secret_message_of_the_first_four_shrines/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just met Impa, Miss Miagi/Raiden. So Ocarina of Time was WWII where Japan won the war. Haven't see any american style characters at all, it's like a full on Studio Ghibli movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I finished this on the train home yesterday. I think the end of the game soured me on the overall experience a little bit. The beginning of the game is amazing and the next 40 or so hours as you just explore is so good. Probably the best experience of simply exploring a game world that I ever had. It is only when I started doing the actual quests that I found fault in the game. I think the quests as a whole are underwhelming, especially the side quests. Comparing them to the content in other ARPGs like The Witcher 3 and they simply fail to match up.

By the very end I wasn't particularly bothered with what little story there was so I wasn't disappointed by the almost non existent
    ending cinematic
    . The other big complaint would be the bosses. Apart from the first Devine Beast boss I fought there was no challenge to be found. But I guess that is hard to manage when the player spends 70 hours levelling up and finding awesome equipment.

Overall my favourite elements was just simply exploring and finding Shrines. I currently have 68 Shrines and I'll probably go back regularly to try and find more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just beat a Major test of strength and now all my weapons are near smashed, cant find that chap to trade in my seeds for more weapon places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

safetyboy wrote: »
    Just beat a Major test of strength and now all my weapons are near smashed, cant find that chap to trade in my seeds for more weapon places.

He's a traveller from what I know, he usually tells you though the direction he's headed

• Advertisement

Found him at the woodland stables.

Mirro Shaz Shrine omg this is worse than a Major test of strength..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Only one I've walked away from (10 times) so far and I'm up to 105 shrines... It's.... It's.... It's... A barsteward!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Only one I've walked away from (10 times) so far and I'm up to 105 shrines... It's.... It's.... It's... A barsteward!

It's not that bad when you figure out the right spot to stand took me a few goes. Just went back now after seeing I'd missed a chest got it on first go!
    I've been running away from even moderate tests of strength!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I thought that was alright. Wait until you see the optional bonus chest. There's a knack to it. On the bonus bit I was coming up short or too long, so I switched weapons after a couple of hits to a weaker weapon and the length was just right.

My favourite shrine so far without a doubt is in the swamp, in the pitch dark. It's pure genius. When you play it you'll know what I'm talking about. It's one of the best moments I've had in a video game in a long, long time. I wasn't armed at all right which made it even more satisfying. I glided in, died a couple of times before realising what was going on. I won't spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Well, alls well that ends well. My copy of Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild WiiU edition finally arrived from Amazon this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

So I finished this on the train home yesterday. I think the end of the game soured me on the overall experience a little bit. The beginning of the game is amazing and the next 40 or so hours as you just explore is so good. Probably the best experience of simply exploring a game world that I ever had. It is only when I started doing the actual quests that I found fault in the game. I think the quests as a whole are underwhelming, especially the side quests. Comparing them to the content in other ARPGs like The Witcher 3 and they simply fail to match up.

By the very end I wasn't particularly bothered with what little story there was so I wasn't disappointed by the almost non existent
    ending cinematic
    . The other big complaint would be the bosses. Apart from the first Devine Beast boss I fought there was no challenge to be found. But I guess that is hard to manage when the player spends 70 hours levelling up and finding awesome equipment.

Overall my favourite elements was just simply exploring and finding Shrines. I currently have 68 Shrines and I'll probably go back regularly to try and find more.

Do you have to manually count the shrines or is there a shrine counter somewhere in the game?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can't remember if there's a way in the game menus, but on the loading screens it tells you how many shrines have been done, and how many Koroks you've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Star Lord wrote: »
    Can't remember if there's a way in the game menus, but on the loading screens it tells you how many shrines have been done, and how many Koroks you've found.

Ah cool! I definitely remember seeing the number of Korok seeds on the load screen but not the shrines.....must look more closely the next time ;-)

As far as I remember, it's the number above the number of Koroks, so it'd be:
    Hearts
    Stamina
    # of shrines completed
    # of Koroks found
    # of Rupees

March of the Divine Beasts

• Advertisement

Isn't the number just the number of orbs you currently have? Because I remember wondering why the orbs match what you currently have yet the Korok seeds is how many you found in total even after trading them

That may be in there too, think that may come in above the shrine number. The total shrines is definitely in there though.

• @Josey Wales
    The feeling I have since I picked it up. Main missions have been weak so far, and I'm at the stage where I just want to complete the game.

For anyone who wants to hear an orchestra version of the Ocarina of Time soundtrack
    https://ericbuchholz.bandcamp.com/album/hero-of-time-music-from-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Well, alls well that ends well. My copy of Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild WiiU edition finally arrived from Amazon this morning. :)

giphy.gif

It's gonna be like South Park playing Chinpokomon. Just as you get the game, we've all moved on.

:p

Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Where oh where are the Epona amiibos?? Everywhere I've searched has no results. Hmm.

Where oh where are the Epona amiibos?? Everywhere I've searched has no results. Hmm.

The one that gives Epona is the original Link Amiibo.
    This one:
    104549b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Star Lord wrote:
    The one that gives Epona is the original Link Amiibo. This one:

On that note, any idea if you can get Epona from it multiple times? I spawned her in but didn't register her and left her off in the wilderness somewhere and for the life of me I cant find her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally got the classic link outfit :D

I really should go do the divine beasts but as it is I just keep wandering and doing shrines.

Advertisement