Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CliCliW wrote: »
    On that note, any idea if you can get Epona from it multiple times? I spawned her in but didn't register her and left her off in the wilderness somewhere and for the life of me I cant find her.

Yup. I'd originally spawned her on the plateau, so no way to get her down from there! Took a few days trying, but eventually got her again, and registered her!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Beasts done. Now back to Impa, after more wandering. Must try and get all memories before facing Ganon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

When you are in areas that match your memory photo, is there an indication that they match? I think I know where one is but nothing has triggered from my wandering yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

fixxxer wrote: »
    When you are in areas that match your memory photo, is there an indication that they match? I think I know where one is but nothing has triggered from my wandering yet.

Just a little glow in the area at the exact spot. You wouldn't see it unless your nearby though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

When you get within a few feet of the spot, a yellow glow appears on the ground. Hard to miss. Most of the memories are easy to find by lining up landmarks and finding the right height/sightline but some are tricky as they may have landmarks that are unfamiliar (the one in the West with the horse statue was tough for me as I'd never been there).

The painter that you find in Kakariko (as well as at a few stables around the place) can give you directions too. They're well written as well, real 'country directions' "walk until you see a red stone and turn North, through the archway and skirt the edge of that lake counter-clockwise", that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

Just a little glow in the area at the exact spot. You wouldn't see it unless your nearby though
    Rhyme wrote: »
    When you get within a few feet of the spot, a yellow glow appears on the ground. Hard to miss. Most of the memories are easy to find by lining up landmarks and finding the right height/sightline but some are tricky as they may have landmarks that are unfamiliar (the one in the West with the horse statue was tough for me as I'd never been there).

The painter that you find in Kakariko (as well as at a few stables around the place) can give you directions too. They're well written as well, real 'country directions' "walk until you see a red stone and turn North, through the archway and skirt the edge of that lake counter-clockwise", that sort of thing.

Cheers! Must not be where I think it is then. Had a good look around but got distracted by a sleeping Hinok. Stole his stuff then wondered if I could one shot kill him in his sleep. Turns out you cant :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Cheers! Must not be where I think it is then. Had a good look around but got distracted by a sleeping Hinok. Stole his stuff then wondered if I could one shot kill him in his sleep. Turns out you cant :-/

I tried that with the Gerudo power and one of those big two-handed swords (normally 50 power, this one was 63). Charged up and used
    Urbosa's Fury
    . One big wallop and the fecker stood up like I'd called his mother a name. Had him down to less than a quarter though so I'm sure if I tweaked the circumstances a little, one-shotting a Hinox is doable.

Might try upgrading the Barbarian armour set, using a strength potion and doing using
    Urbosa's Fury
    during the rain. Apparently stacking Chu Jelly near an explosion can increase it so I'll try that too :)

Be great if you could zoom in on the memory photos. Or if the painter's clues were stored in your log.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Spent about 45 mins trying to do a horse challenge in a stable down the bottom of the map.
    Had the
    royal
    horse and all and the fecker wouldn't even jump a fence if it wasn't perfectly straight on, especially if I was going with any speed! such an annoying challenge!! Beat it in the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Be great if you could zoom in on the memory photos. Or if the painter's clues were stored in your log.

There is a Hylian alphabet online that you can decipher the text on the photos with.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/heres-a-nifty-translation-key-for-the-hylian-alphabet-in-breath-of-the-wild/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Finally cracked this open on Sunday evening, absolutely breathtaking. I only managed to play for 40 minutes before being torn away from my Wii U, so then spent a lot of yesterday daydreaming about getting to play it again last night...so much fun!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FLAME HAIRED CENTAUR THING

You mean Lynel?

Hellllllloooooo is it death you're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Put countless hours into this game. I paraglide over from Rito village over to a ledge back on the mainland. As i land, for the very first time, i see a big fúck off grizzly bear right in front of me. Briefly shat myself before pummelling him with arrows and collecting the meat. I love this game. Just regret not getting a quick snap of the big fella with the camera first

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That is Death incarnate. Came across him early on and got destroyed by him in seconds. His name is Lynel (Richie). Finally beat a couple of them this evening. One out on the plains and the other in Hyrule Castle. I think I could probably beat the game. I've still barely scratched the surface. I've got the Sword and Shield but still haven't met Impa or beat a Divine Beast, and a milllion and one other things. Explored pretty much all of the castle, got up to the Sanctum, fought what I guess is the first incarnation but then reset the game. Want to do so much more before I complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Star Lord wrote:
    Yup. I'd originally spawned her on the plateau, so no way to get her down from there! Took a few days trying, but eventually got her again, and registered her!

Thanks, I'm just going to spam amiibo for the next few days i think?

You think the Red maned lynel is bad? Wait till you get to the Tabantha snowfield and get one shotted at 14 hearts by a ridiculously powerful one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

CliCliW wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm just going to spam amiibo for the next few days i think?

You think the Red maned lynel is bad? Wait till you get to the Tabantha snowfield and get one shotted at 14 hearts by a ridiculously powerful one :(

Met him last night. not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

safetyboy wrote:
    Met him last night. not a good look.

I spent an hour dying to him the other night before i just gave up. The hitbox on his club is just too big to even sidestep effectively.

Lynel ye say? I ran towards him because I assumed he was a story character.

Who's that?

*runs waving*

Hello! HeNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLY

I actually wasn't doing too bad until I realized All my gear was broken and I'd hardly made a dent in his health bar :-/

Lynel ye say? I ran towards him because I assumed he was a story character.

Who's that?

*runs waving*

Hello! HeNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLYNOTFRIENDLY

I actually wasn't doing too bad until I realized All my gear was broken and I'd hardly made a dent in his health bar :-/

Ah! You met him coming in the gate then?

I saw him through the gate looking like he was waiting for me. deliberately (and cleverly) looking like a character you should talk to

Genius positioning Nintendo :)

• Advertisement

Ah! You make him coming in the gate then?

I saw him through the gate looking like he was waiting for me. deliberately (and cleverly) looking like a character you should talk to

Genius positioning Nintendo :)

That's exactly what I thought. Very good psychology if they meant it :D

Zelda Breath of the Wild: Wii U has one BIG advantage over Nintendo Switch version

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/785175/Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Wii-U-Nintendo-Switch

Only began exploring the Herba area in depth last night, came across the big f' off labyrinth! Thankfully got into the shrine (climbed up top, took it from there).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You're better off exploring the labyrinths, as there's usually pretty good weapons, and chests with 100-300 rupees in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Still not found 1 memory. so annoying.

Star Lord wrote: »
    You're better off exploring the labyrinths, as there's usually pretty good weapons, and chests with 100-300 rupees in them!

Usually no room for more weapons anyway.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Still not found 1 memory. so annoying.

Did you try looking under a rock? ;)

Finding_Korok.png

Star Lord wrote: »

Found a few alright. I'm a wealthy Hyrulian.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »
    That is Death incarnate. Came across him early on and got destroyed by him in seconds. His name is Lynel (Richie). Finally beat a couple of them this evening. One out on the plains and the other in Hyrule Castle. I think I could probably beat the game. I've still barely scratched the surface. I've got the Sword and Shield but still haven't met Impa or beat a Divine Beast, and a milllion and one other things. Explored pretty much all of the castle, got up to the Sanctum, fought what I guess is the first incarnation but then reset the game. Want to do so much more before I complete it.

Hehehe

Lynel Ritchie

Hello? Is it me you're looking f...ah f*ck!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Zelda Breath of the Wild: Wii U has one BIG advantage over Nintendo Switch version

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/785175/Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Wii-U-Nintendo-Switch

Ah now Sligeach, those click bait sites.... again.... dang, I thought you had changed!

It's just that cutscenes with text move along quicker because of localised language differences.

As opposed to the subtle Switch bashing that the headline suggests.

Advertisement