Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah now Sligeach, those click bait sites.... again.... dang, I thought you had changed!

It's just that cutscenes with text move along quicker because of localised language differences.

As opposed to the subtle Switch bashing that the headline suggests.

Like I've said countless times before, I just post the news. You don't like the headline? Well colour me shocked. :) The article explains why and for speed runners every second counts. And it's hardly Switch bashing, it's mild ribbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I agree with you, but that is one hell of a click-baity headline they put up!

Funny though from some videos, it looks like on occasion, while the initial game loading is miles quicker on the Switch, the Wii U loads quicker than the Switch between areas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Like I've said countless times before, I just post the news. You don't like the headline? Well colour me shocked. :) The article explains why and for speed runners every second counts. And it's hardly Switch bashing, it's mild ribbing.

You know, you can edit the link and you, yourself be more specific about the content of the site.
    Until then, we end up feeding these click bait merchants by following the links.
    So, please Mr Sligeach, if that is your real name, better, smarter linking!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR9vgyh1jQqleo5pBC-blkm6iTD8-O3vWX8wP9n6VtUFA6V_AUYA

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm very annoyed. My copy from Amazon never showed up so I had to get a refund and reorder it. Now to wait again and hope it shows up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I'm very annoyed. My copy from Amazon never showed up so I had to get a refund and reorder it. Now to wait again and hope it shows up this time.

Ascendia strikes again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Beat it there, got the full ending as well as
    the Hylian Shield and my star on the save file.

Grand so.

Roll on the DLC and Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

98 hours clocked into this game so far. being delaying the Ganon battle, while I do a bit more exploring . I know if i beat Ganon I prob just stop till the dlc drops

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I love this game. Love it.

But jeez Louise the voice acting is poxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I love this game. Love it.

But jeez Louise the voice acting is poxy.
    Absolutely shocking, zelda sounds like a south park character!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

any good recipes you stick buy? 5 banana's is a good one.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »

Whatever I was doing, 1 Hearty Durian cooked to make a full heal +3 bonus hearts. I was doing it at the house you can buy and furnish in Hateno (mine was fully furnished if that makes a difference).

Cooked a bunch for the final fight and ended up using none of them.

From Faron Tower (jungle tower), look North East and you'll see some Lizalfo's jumping around. The mini plateau they are on is chock full of Hearty Durian's. Just climb the small trees to get them.

Did a few of the 5 Bananas recipe as well for the strength buff for the final fight but didn't end up using them either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Ascendia strikes again?

How'd you guess? Now it's going to overlap with Persona 5 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Cook that during a blood moon!

My favourite recipe is:
    Hearty Radish x4
    Big Hearty Radish

Gives you full recovery + 17 temporary hearts!! :p:p

Apparently 5 Hearty Durians is a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

My copy finally arrived, the peasant Wii U version. There's probably nearly a Game ​of the Year edition out at this stage! :D

• The music is doing my head in now...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The music is doing my head in now...

Which tunes or just in general?

I barely notice it, just ambience. The plinky-plinky battle music is annoying but I suppose it's supposed to put you on edge.

I have to say, I love the 'cold' music when the air is clear. Reminds me of glinting ice and barren wilderness. Amazing.

Going to start again and play around in the opening area with the skills I've acquired along the way. While I might get in a few hour every few days, this will be a much more muted play through, might play one day out of three for an hour, not really for progress. Secretly a delaying tactic until more games come out that I want to play.

• Rhyme wrote: »
    Which tunes or just in general?

I barely notice it, just ambience. The plinky-plinky battle music is annoying but I suppose it's supposed to put you on edge.

I have to say, I love the 'cold' music when the air is clear. Reminds me of glinting ice and barren wilderness. Amazing.

Going to start again and play around in the opening area with the skills I've acquired along the way. While I might get in a few hour every few days, this will be a much more muted play through, might play one day out of three for an hour, not really for progress. Secretly a delaying tactic until more games come out that I want to play.

I was doing a dungeon last night, it was the same string of music on repeat over and over for the full hour. I ended up muting the switch altogether.

Same with the music in the shrines. It's the same tune over and over.

Might sound wingy but the music cannot be turned off in the options menu and to be fair it's an integral part of the game.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I was doing a dungeon last night, it was the same string of music on repeat over and over for the full hour. I ended up muting the switch altogether.

Same with the music in the shrines. It's the same tune over and over.

Might sound wingy but the music cannot be turned off in the options menu and to be fair it's an integral part of the game.

Legit complaint, game music can be divisive, especially when it's designed to have an affect on the player. I found the dungeon and shrine music sort of meditative, helped me think but did get frustrating when a shrine was proving difficult for other reasons (hammer golf).

I played a lot on the couch or in bed so I had to turn down the music a bit so my other half couldn't hear it. She found most of the music, without context, to draw attention, distract and even annoy*. Some of the bigger tunes got her looking over my shoulder as the music had drawn her in.

*the moaning of groaning of shop-keepers and Great Fairies did her head in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Stable music is killing me, Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin
    I'm now 4 beasts done and 110 shrines..... I don't wanna finish this game, havent even touched Horizon Zero Dawn or Mass Effect yet, know full well both will ultimately be a disappointment after BOTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

1 Radish, 1 meat and 1 hyrule herb

Full recovery + 4/5 bonus hearts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

anybody know if there is a way to find memories with the seeker thing? is it possible to take a picture of the guy that give you the clues and seek him out, ive no idea where he went to test it out and i tried taking a picture of the memory glow thing but it doesnt recognise it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just polished off Ganon there, about 82 hours in total. 82 shrines, 190 koroks, all the Divine Beasts and the Master Sword.

All that and there are still several things I still dont know/haven't found in this game yet!

Probably gonna put it aside and wait for the first DLC, see what it brings. Though there is a high possibility I will pick up a Switch before the 2nd, meatier DLC arrives so can do it all again :D

Spent at least half an hour if not an hour in the snow up in the northeast looking for a shrine. Turned on the sensor after it having been off for the most part. It's beeping and it's near a cliff with some updraft winds blowing. Can't bloody find it. I bet there's something sneaky about it, like an entrance to a cave way off somewhere else. Very frustrating.

Still haven't found any of the dragons either(though I now know the general areas they're in thanks to a gossip book I read in the game). Only found the 3rd Great Fairy this evening.

There's a cool trick so that you can carry 11 fairies. At the Great Fairy location there's normally 4 fairies floating around but if you've already got I think 3 or maybe it's 4 fairies they won't appear. So say you start from scratch. Collect the 4, go to the next Great Fairy location. Hold 2 in your hand and the fairies should appear. Gather them, go to the next location after that, hold 5 in your hand, then gather again. I think you can end up with 11 or maybe 12. Fairies are a great help for when you die. You can use them in your cooking and then gather more for just normal use. Haven't done that though as it's cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have activated 5 towers now still only 4 hearts, 5 blue nightshade is a great stealth recipe has been very useful outrunning the damned guardians. Am going after a weapons and armour upgrade, who ever said insomnia was a curse has never played this game it's a death sentence. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Seems to be an update out for BOTW and from early impressions online it seems to fix a lot of the framerate drops in certain areas quite substantially.

• Corholio wrote: »
    Seems to be an update out for BOTW and from early impressions online it seems to fix a lot of the framerate drops in certain areas quite substantially.

:) Hurray!

Actually enjoyed last nights session. Felt like I actually accomplished something when I finished the first Devine beast.
    Thought I wouldn't get the mobile use out of the switch either but I was wrong. So comfortable as a handheld.
    Grand I can get an hour sesh in while she watches ****e on tele

Corholio wrote: »

Ya, I remember reading some time ago that some tech guys said the framerate issues weren't because of the limitations of the hardware but because of bugs in the game and no I don't mean grasshoppers or drsgonflies. :D I suppose the randomness should have been a giveaway.

The only frame-rate issue i've seen is in Korok Forest. I'll head back now and see if its any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Have 3 of the DB done now and just got the
    Master Sword

Also have the full map opened up but I don't think I want to go near Hyrule Castle yet.

The bird DB was far more enjoyable than the desert one although I completely brute forced my way past the boss at the end with a mix of elixirs and heavy duty weapons!

• Advertisement

The desert was a nightmare of puzzles. I've 3 beasts down and one open ready to battle but I'm gonna leave him be and potter about for a while.

Advertisement