Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Got your nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

New secret treasure chest in Lost Woods after v1.1.1 update!

fúckin april fools.. almost had me...
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This game is insane! I remember when I used to....watch tv....! I think I'm actually cooking more in Zelda than I'm doing in real life :O

And I'm still only 1 beast in. Think I had my first Zelda dream too. Yeah gotta cut back from the 6 hour sessions!!

6 hours myself today and debating whether to play while Match Of The Day is on too...

Birneybau wrote: »
    6 hours myself today and debating whether to play while Match Of The Day is on too...

I did and got the Master Sword while I was at it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Zelda:Breath of the Wild Patch 1.1.1 frame-rates tested Docked/Undocked Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5vhikphzLg

Huh. If you stand in an open field during a heavy storm wearing metal armour, you can be struck by lightning. I don't know why I'm surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

fixxxer wrote: »
    Huh. If you stand in an open field during a heavy storm wearing metal armour, you can be struck by lightning. I don't know why I'm surprised.

Metal bows, shields and weapons also have that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

lDfWpwT.jpg

Amazing! :o

^^^ Seen that in the castle for one of the Korok seeds where you donate to the statues. Dropped an egg and got back a hard boiled egg.

I think my save file may be corrupted or something. I'd mentioned before about the dragons, been looking for ages, I've played well in excess of 150 hours. So I grew impatient of not finding Farosh, scoured everywhere and seen an article of where to find them. Followed the instructions to a T and nothing happens. It's not just that either, this evening I was at something that I checked afterwards was supposed to be a memory but again nothing happened. Maybe that will be triggered later but Farosh is dead in my game, he doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Started a new game last night but deliberately playing counter-intuitively. Ploughing straight into battles where I would have normally snuck around, taking routes to objectives I wouldn't have done ordinarily, using equipment I wouldn't have used before.

It's a different experience completely. I'm finding things I didn't before, using tactics that seem mad. Most creatures can't swim so I'll be using water more effectively. As soon as the Monster Shop appears, I'll be trading in for that spring hammer again :) Even took out the stationary Guardians on the Plateau with a Boko Shield.

Took out an entire camp of enemies in one set of attacks with bullet time with the bow. Swooped down, took out the bow and sniped all three in slow motion and hit the ground amongst their bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Rhyme wrote: »
    Started a new game last night but deliberately playing counter-intuitively. Ploughing straight into battles where I would have normally snuck around, taking routes to objectives I wouldn't have done ordinarily, using equipment I wouldn't have used before.

It's a different experience completely. I'm finding things I didn't before, using tactics that seem mad. Most creatures can't swim so I'll be using water more effectively. As soon as the Monster Shop appears, I'll be trading in for that spring hammer again :) Even took out the stationary Guardians on the Plateau with a Boko Shield.

Took out an entire camp of enemies in one set of attacks with bullet time with the bow. Swooped down, took out the bow and sniped all three in slow motion and hit the ground amongst their bodies.

I actually bought the spring hammer, didn't think it was that good and dropped it in a shrine.....should I have done that!? :confused: I bought the Moblin mask and Lizalfo mask as well and they didn't seem to work at all? I think yer man is a bit of a messer ;-)

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The Bokoblin mask definitely works. I was messing with it on Sunday. Running around a Boko tree house trying to find a way in, they kept getting their ? / Curious trigger when they saw me but it never turned into ! / Alert. I was running around in plain sight, they kept triggering because they resumed looking around and spotted me again.

Don't know if the Bokoblin mask only fools Bokoblins, i.e. it's feck all use in a mixed group , or if you can fool a Bokoblin with a Moblin mask.

@Sligeach, re: The dragons - go after Naydra first, there should be no problem finding that one if you've never found it before.
    The initial encounter is a fixed event. Climb up mount Lanayru, bring arrows. Lots of arrows. Stamina potions help too if you like to consider your shots for a while before you take them, and then miss. I'm assuming there are thermal underpants somewhere in the game but if, like me, you don't have any you can equip a fire wand or flaming sword to keep you warm. It's not a quick or easy climb but you can make it all the way up without drawing your weapon and just using bombs to clear a path (the drop is usually on your right, so aim a little to the left - Lizalfos don't pack parachutes.
    - maybe if you can find one the others will start following their routines?

Hey, anyone notice that if you kill a Lizalfos stal and take it's arm as a weapon, when you throw it it comes back to you like a Lizalfos boomerang? I love this game...

Banjo wrote: »
    @Sligeach, re: The dragons - go after Naydra first, there should be no problem finding that one if you've never found it before.
    The initial encounter is a fixed event. Climb up mount Lanayru, bring arrows. Lots of arrows. Stamina potions help too if you like to consider your shots for a while before you take them, and then miss. I'm assuming there are thermal underpants somewhere in the game but if, like me, you don't have any you can equip a fire wand or flaming sword to keep you warm. It's not a quick or easy climb but you can make it all the way up without drawing your weapon and just using bombs to clear a path (the drop is usually on your right, so aim a little to the left - Lizalfos don't pack parachutes.

Hey, anyone notice that if you kill a Lizalfos stal and take it's arm as a weapon, when you throw it it comes back to you like a Lizalfos boomerang? I love this game...

I found Naydra on Mount Lanaryu. Haven't bothered looking for it after curing it. Had a bit of a look for Dinraal, can't find it but it's Farosh that I spent a week looking for before using a guide and still nothing. I've over 100 bomb arrows from collecting, 600+ regular arrows and all the necessary armour for whatever weather. I've enough stamina too. 2 full wheels I've found is enough for most tasks coupled with speed climbing armour.

Ya I heard about the arm coming back though I haven't tried it myself. Still haven't got to meet whoever is supposed to grant extra weapon slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Whats the name of those sea creatures that spit rocks at you? Has anyone encountered the ones on land that suck air in and blow it back at ya?
    Try throwing something rusty at one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Riding a bear through the snowlands has been my highlight in this game, I haven't laughed at something in a game so much in a long time!
    I've three side quests and the final battle to do, think I'll go korok hunting to extend the game.... I don't want it to end!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

madmoe wrote: »
    I actually bought the spring hammer, didn't think it was that good and dropped it in a shrine.....should I have done that!? :confused: I bought the Moblin mask and Lizalfo mask as well and they didn't seem to work at all? I think yer man is a bit of a messer ;-)

Thanks,
    M
    The spring hammer activates on the final swing and has to fully connect. It's pretty funny but isn't excessive (they fly a bit but not into the sun a lá Team Rocket). It does f-all damage though.

The masks work until your first attack but are really only useful for getting through an area and (maybe) sneaking the treasure. The other enemies keep on looking at you so it's not like you can pick them off one by one with great ease.
    The_B_Man wrote:
    Whats the name of those sea creatures that spit rocks at you? Has anyone encountered the ones on land that suck air in and blow it back at ya?
    Try throwing something rusty at one of them...
    Octoroks.

The land ones are annoying (the rusty weapon trick is cool) but the 'fake treasure chest' ones are very annoying. Bit of a Dark Souls enemy :)

Banjo wrote: »
    The Bokoblin mask definitely works. I was messing with it on Sunday. Running around a Boko tree house trying to find a way in, they kept getting their ? / Curious trigger when they saw me but it never turned into ! / Alert. I was running around in plain sight, they kept triggering because they resumed looking around and spotted me again.

Don't know if the Bokoblin mask only fools Bokoblins, i.e. it's feck all use in a mixed group , or if you can fool a Bokoblin with a Moblin mask.

I just strolled up with my Lizalfo mask and cold weather clothes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Riding a bear through the snowlands has been my highlight in this game, I haven't laughed at something in a game so much in a long time!
    I've three side quests and the final battle to do, think I'll go korok hunting to extend the game.... I don't want it to end!

I only sussed out that you can actually do that yesterday, I was in stitches for ages after, I had seen bears early on in the game but not again until yesterday :

xMTxdwP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Other highlight was other half playing it on her switch, and all I heard was 'it fkn rains more here than Dublin'

• Advertisement

Is it easy to get pictures off the switch? I have a lovely rainbow picture but the social media version it shared is quite small.

Is it easy to get pictures off the switch? I have a lovely rainbow picture but the social media version it shared is quite small.

I don't know, I'm not sure that it is. That's the great thing about Miiverse on Wii U. I can share nice shots like the one below very easily.

WVW69kMyomMPXJt1Fd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On the Switch you can open the album, click the Screenshot and then click "Post" - not sure where it posts it to as I haven't really bothered my arse doing it.

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't know, I'm not sure that it is. That's the great thing about Miiverse on Wii U. I can share nice shots like the one below very easily.

Oh its easy to share them on the Switch too, just it seems to share a small file version. I'm wondering if there is a larger file still on the Switch or if what you share is all there is. An image I shared on Facebook was only 35kb in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh its easy to share them on the Switch too, just it seems to share a small file version. I'm wondering if there is a larger file still on the Switch or if what you share is all there is. An image I shared on Facebook was only 35kb in size.

http://gameranx.com/features/id/94212/article/nintendo-switch-how-to-take-and-share-screenshots/

Seem to be able to copy it to a Micro SD and plug it into a PC.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Patch 1.11 Switch/Wii U Frame-Rate Tests!(Digital Foundry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

That one I took came off Twitter, never checked the size of it though I assume it's tiny...

If you get it full size off the SD that isn't so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just finished it there. Now what am I supposed to do with my life?

Climbing mountains in the rain and I saw this beautiful view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Just finished it there. Now what am I supposed to do with my life?

enjoy all the rain in Ireland till the dlc comes outs.

same just finished off ganon. having the master sword and 4 beasts made this the easiest Gannon fight in any Zelda.

odd how the 5 main bosses were lot easier to kill than some of the min bosses in the over world.

Advertisement