Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pumped many hours into this and won't be going near Ganon for a good while, don't think I could deal with the withdrawals :P Just enjoying climbing up cliff faces and seeing what's on the other side at the moment. Even though I don't mind the joy con grip at all and it works completely fine for me as the controls, the split joy cons is absolutely absorbing as a way to play the game. I'm sure the Pro Controller is a great way to play the game of course but I've enjoyed not having to purchase it yet. I even find my reactions better in tight battles using the joy cons this way. Just being able to play a game like that is a mini revolution in itself, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That girl who protects the flower bed is legitimately terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

jos22 wrote: »
    enjoy all the rain in Ireland till the dlc comes outs.

same just finished off ganon. having the master sword and 4 beasts made this the easiest Gannon fight in any Zelda.

odd how the 5 main bosses were lot easier to kill than some of the min bosses in the over world.

I think it's because the in-dungeon bosses are closer to 'Zelda bosses' with stages of battle, telegraphed moves, learnable attacks etc. The ones out in the world require figuring out techniques, using the terrain, picking your battles etc. Even those battles become 'Zelda bosses' with enough work though*... just more so than the in-dungeon bosses.

*Hinox has a weak eye and it's wooden armour can be set alight, Molduga eats bombs and has a weak-underbelly, even Lynel can be predicted as their attacks cycle and can be prompted by giving them enough space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Only beat 1 Lynel, then met a blue one, and got destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where do you find the Lynels?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »

In your nightmares mostly. Your deepest darkest nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Still haven't been able to kill a Lynel in combat. I killed one inside a Colosseum type yoke by throwing bombs down on him from above. Took me about 25 mins but I killed him. Seriously need to learn how to fight, with the parry and dodge and flurry etc..

fixxxer wrote: »
    In your nightmares mostly. Your deepest darkest nightmares.

At the edges of the map, "here be monsters".

...in fact, I think one of the only ones that isn't close to the edge of the map is the one in the Colosseum. Speaking of which, if you're nearing the end game and are looking to stock up on weaponry and supplies;

Working the colosseum from top to bottom in stealth nets you a few good shields, some elemental weapons and some royal weaponry.

Working the route to the Zora kingdom in reverse nets you a pile of arrows from unsuspecting Lizalfos and some good weapons in stashes along the way, including a Royal Claymore if you've beaten enough of the Divine Beasts.

North-West of the Gerudo Desert, where there was a shrine that blanked your radar with a storm, the Lizalfos there have some really good bows.

Once you've beaten enough Divine Beasts, silver bokoblins and moblins will start to spawn with good weapons. They have a ton of health so getting those weapons can be difficult. Bombs and heavy attacks can disarm them so you can scoop up the weapons and be on your merry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm dying to give the Minecart sky-lift a go but I can't get up Death Mountain yet... I might see if I can jerry-rig one with a metal box and a metal door.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/video_one_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_player_has_discovered_the_ultimate_way_to_paraglide

God damn it, it's been a month and I still haven't gone after a 2nd Divine Beast. Need to get the finger out...
    Unlocked my final tower yesterday, and found that I'm not exploring as much as I used to, now instead I'm trudging through semi-familiar wilderness trying to find something or other that I saw once before and am convinced is just behind that hill or a little further along this river. The sense of wonder is fading, and maybe that means it's time to stop fecking about and save the world.

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm dying to give the Minecart sky-lift a go but I can't get up Death Mountain yet... I might see if I can jerry-rig one with a metal box and a metal door.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/video_one_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_player_has_discovered_the_ultimate_way_to_paraglide

Sounds like something from Trine. Will have to look when I get home.
    God damn it, it's been a month and I still haven't gone after a 2nd Divine Beast. Need to get the finger out...

Spacing them out is grand, saves the fresh challenges for when you're going to enjoy them more. The abilities you get afterwards make exploring and battling more productive as well. If you've not already, I'd go for the Rito one. It was my favourite, fun dungeon (think the Sandbird from Mario Sunshine) and a interesting (but easy) boss. The ability you get afterwards is very very useful too.

I never felt rushed going through the game at my own pace. I even put off the final battle a few times as there were things I wanted to do beforehand and didn't regret the delay.

• Advertisement

Made it to the Island. must go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Finally beat the Yiga Clan hideout last night, having pulled most of my hair out.

Boss incredibly easy to defeat. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

keane2097 wrote:

Behind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

safetyboy wrote: »
    Made it to the Island. must go back.
    Lost_Logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fixxxer wrote: »
    Climbing mountains in the rain and I saw this beautiful view.

Totally spoiled by the horrible HUD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

chrislad wrote: »
    Totally spoiled by the horrible HUD :)

Switched to pro-mode very early on while still on the plateau having seen numerous people online suggest it.

Was definitely the right decision and have never looked back. Makes the game feel much more immersive.
    I think exploring and occasionally losing your way is one of the best things about this game and you're often rewarded for doing that.

I know myself that with the full HUD enabled i'd feel much more rigid in my approach to playing it and be more inclined to head to points A B and C on the map, making it more like completing a checklist as opposed to going by my field of view.

Map's only a click away if needed.;)

Never battle a Lynel from a distance, you gotta go full on flurry and dodgy. I'd say even dark souls players have nightmares of the Blue Lynels in the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Switched to pro-mode very early on while still on the plateau having seen numerous people online suggest it.

Was definitely the right decision and have never looked back. Makes the game feel much more immersive.
    I think exploring and occasionally losing your way is one of the best things about this game and you're often rewarded for doing that.

I know myself that with the full HUD enabled i'd feel much more rigid in my approach to playing it and be more inclined to head to points A B and C on the map, making it more like completing a checklist as opposed to going by my field of view.

Map's only a click away if needed.;)

I was exactly the same. It was much more enjoyable without being constantly reminded that I had things to do!

Only found the Coliseum last night. Heading towards 200 hours gameplay and never knew of it or that it was just off the Great Plateau. I took down a Red Lynel Richie. That's enough for a full second round of Barbarian armour upgrades which should make things even easier. I actually took him down with a flawless victory. That never happened before.

sligeach wrote: »
    Only found the Coliseum last night. Heading towards 200 hours gameplay and never knew of it or that it was just off the Great Plateau. I took down a Red Lynel Richie. That's enough for a full second round of Barbarian armour upgrades which should make things even easier. I actually took him down with a flawless victory. That never happened before.

Same as you there. I realized I'd just been heading east the whole time so went back to the original starting point to look around from there. The highlight was definitely being chased across an open grass field by Guardians while on the back of an uncooperative horse who got pissed off if he ran too fast :-/

• Advertisement

At the Coliseum now getting slapped around by Silver Lynel, this is the toughest Ive came at yet in the game, I've knocked a Bokoblin off the shelf too so he's down there taking me from behind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

safetyboy wrote:
    At the Coliseum now getting slapped around by Silver Lynel, this is the toughest Ive came at yet in the game, I've knocked a Bokoblin off the shelf too so he's down there taking me from behind too.

Too funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All

is it possible to play this on my WiiU and have my son play a second save of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not sure you can on WiiU (somone else has my copy and said "I don't think so" when asked) but there's always a way - plug a memory key in, move your save game to it, power down, remove the memory key. Far as I remember the Wii U will always favour USB storage over onboard if a clash exists, so plug the memory key in to access one game, pull it out to access the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If they're playing on a different user profile, then there should be no problem with separate save games.

Star Lord wrote: »
    If they're playing on a different user profile, then there should be no problem with separate save games.

Thanks. Not sure how this works, so create a new profile for my son?

Not sure you can on WiiU (somone else has my copy and said "I don't think so" when asked) but there's always a way - plug a memory key in, move your save game to it, power down, remove the memory key. Far as I remember the Wii U will always favour USB storage over onboard if a clash exists, so plug the memory key in to access one game, pull it out to access the other.

OK Thanks...

Cant even get this Coliseum Lynel half down, he's battering me senseless I have the 4 Divine beasts loads of good weapons full of dinners. Just one slap each time and I'm down. I keep tapping the right analogue stick and zooming in when I try to aim my bow its getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

sligeach wrote: »
    Only found the Coliseum last night. Heading towards 200 hours gameplay and never knew of it or that it was just off the Great Plateau.

I havent that many hours played myself, but I've a decent amount.
    I went exploring for ages and found some village or ruins or something. I looked up and was like "Woah, whats that big thing??" only to realise it was the Great Plateau. I must have gotten turned around in my exploring and ended up right back at the start. I thought I was over nearer the castle or death Mountain!!
    But that's how I discovered a way to double the size of the map.....Explore from the other direction! It's like a mirror mode! :P

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All

is it possible to play this on my WiiU and have my son play a second save of the game?

At the main Wii U menu click the top left corner where the Mii character is and create a new user for your son.

Advertisement