Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

picking this up today... but old controller in bits... will this work with Zelda

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4455558.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

safetyboy wrote: »
    Cant even get this Coliseum Lynel half down, he's battering me senseless I have the 4 Divine beasts loads of good weapons full of dinners. Just one slap each time and I'm down. I keep tapping the right analogue stick and zooming in when I try to aim my bow its getting annoying.

Have you upgraded your armour? Do you have the Barbarian set? If you do things right, you can beat it in less than a minute. Depends on the colour. I even beat a couple of grey or is it white Lynel's I think. They were tougher but that was some time ago and I was weaker. What meals do you eat? I can still remember the first encounter with Lynel. Oh the carnage, I was like a rag doll torn asunder in all of 3 seconds.

sticker wrote: »
    picking this up today... but old controller in bits... will this work with Zelda

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4455558.htm

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

All mine are silver Lynel now I have 2 sets of barbarian gear. I beat a lynel last week in less than 2 minutes without getting hit, this chap is hell on hooves, one wack of anything and 15 hearts gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    I've two divine beasts done and have used Mipha's grace several times, or should I say it's saved me several times! The thing is I have Rivali's power as well but don't have a clue how to activate it? Does it happen automatically?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

is the colosseum by any chance a shrine-like challenge with a lot of rain involved? Cause I think I found it but the weather got in the way of me making the prerequisite deliveries....

Having unlocked the full map, the joy of exploring has given way to the frustration of "Where the hell was that thing I saw a few weeks ago? I could have sworn it was around here..." whether it's the Goron brothers endurance challenge or Rito village. And then along the way finding new stuff and rediscovering my joy :D

How does the Vah Medoh boon work? I'm seeing 3 charges... when they're gone, how long does it take to recharge?

Edit : Re - above - you hold Jump down and it charges, then let go. You'll hear a noise to let you know you've done it.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    is the colosseum by any chance a shrine-like challenge with a lot of rain involved? Cause I think I found it but the weather got in the way of me making the prerequisite deliveries....

Having unlocked the full map, the joy of exploring has given way to the frustration of "Where the hell was that thing I saw a few weeks ago? I could have sworn it was around here..." whether it's the Goron brothers endurance challenge or Rito village. And then along the way finding new stuff and rediscovering my joy :D

How does the Vah Medoh boon work? I'm seeing 3 charges... when they're gone, how long does it take to recharge?

Edit : Re - above - you hold Jump down and it charges, then let go. You'll hear a noise to let you know you've done it.

I'll give that a try this evening ;-)

This Lynel is getting a beating tonight if its the last thing I do, need to get some one handed weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Hey look faron tower, my stamina gauge isn't high enough to climb this tower, how annoying. Hmm, how about these covers on the ground, I'll shift these hey look now there's a upward air flow so I can fly up with the parasail, fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I've two divine beasts done and have used Mipha's grace several times, or should I say it's saved me several times! The thing is I have Rivali's power as well but don't have a clue how to activate it? Does it happen automatically?

Thanks,
    M
    Jump, keep jump button held in, (link will crouch automatically) let go and you'll fly up into the air!

Like I said earlier, nearly 200 hours into the game, a month after I started and I finally went to see Impa this evening. Oh boy! Should have done that at the start. It's held me back in a huge number of ways by leaving it so late. I had no idea that's how you get the camera, compendium, some new armour, helps with those tech labs, upgrades the Shiekah Slate in a number of ways, bombs, stasis, access to some shrines. Been to so many locations and nothing happened, now I've to go back.

I wonder if I can see Farosh now. Must try that out in a bit.

• Advertisement

Gave up on Silver Lynel. Going around slapping guardians about like they were bokoblins, Stasis is so handy pity I had never used it earlier in the game.

Sure enough I can see Farosh now. Locations I've been to previously where nothing happened now make sense when I go back. Side quests are popping up. It's like a veil has been lifted. I'm the world's worst photographer, trying to catch up, so any shot will do for the compendium.

sligeach wrote: »
    Like I said earlier, nearly 200 hours into the game, a month after I started and I finally went to see Impa this evening. Oh boy! Should have done that at the start. It's held me back in a huge number of ways by leaving it so late. I had no idea that's how you get the camera, compendium, some new armour, helps with those tech labs, upgrades the Shiekah Slate in a number of ways, bombs, stasis, access to some shrines. Been to so many locations and nothing happened, now I've to go back.

Ah jaysus, Sligs - I know you have a perverse compulsion to be contrary at the best of times but that's taking the biscuit, dunking it in some obstinate tea and balancing it very delicately on the chip on your shoulder. A month? A MONTH???? Begs the question of how you knew about memories if you hadn't been told in-game... have you been reading spoilers?

Just thought - Have you done any of the Divine Beasts? If so, I don't know if you get a second chance to take photos of the bosses. I'm not saying you *have* to start over, but you own 2 copies of Star Fox Zero just because of the sticker on the front, I'm not sure you'll be able to let that go... Someone get the kettle on and buy some Jaffa Cakes - Intervention!
    safetyboy wrote: »
    Gave up on Silver Lynel. Going around slapping guardians about like they were bokoblins, Stasis is so handy pity I had never used it earlier in the game.
    Stasis! Of course! Damn it... just ploughed through my first Major Test of Strength last night... the reward? A bloody knights bow which I couldn't pick up on account of the 5 other knights bows in my inventory. Thanks for nothing you damned scabby monk!

Ah jaysus, Sligs - I know you have a perverse compulsion to be contrary at the best of times but that's taking the biscuit, dunking it in some obstinate tea and balancing it very delicately on the chip on your shoulder. A month? A MONTH???? Begs the question of how you knew about memories if you hadn't been told in-game... have you been reading spoilers?

Just thought - Have you done any of the Divine Beasts? If so, I don't know if you get a second chance to take photos of the bosses. I'm not saying you *have* to start over, but you own 2 copies of Star Fox Zero just because of the sticker on the front, I'm not sure you'll be able to let that go... Someone get the kettle on and buy some Jaffa Cakes - Intervention!

Where did you get that from? I'm not being contrary. Sorry if it comes across like that. I'm loving every moment of the game. I was trying to do things my way, wasn't aware that meeting Impa was so pivotal. I know of memories because the internet likes to spoil things. Even headline articles and photos spoil certain parts. And besides, the memories section is there in the games menu. The game lets you beat it whatever way you like. I've been to the castle and every room, been up to Ganon long ago, could have beaten him too but I want this game to go on forever.

I haven't fought any Divine Beasts, have only really set up 2 of them without actually going near them. Goron and Rito, and a little bit of Zora.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm also doing that in fairness. Not 200 hours worth of game, but I'm only going to Impa now cos I read what Sligeach said.

Where did you get that from?
    If you have to ask, you won't accept my explanation :D But it was supposed to be a light-hearted comment, please abandon any existential examination it may have triggered.
    I haven't fought any Divine Beasts, have only really set up 2 of them without actually going near them. Goron and Rito, and a little bit of Zora.

Phew! There's a guy at work came in boasting about how he took down the Zora boss that was giving me so much trouble, and all the things he'd done since then - the kinds of things that trigger an autosave, you know? - and I shared my hilarious story about how the zora boss kept cheating but I'd eventually beaten it only to realise I'd forgotten to take a photo and had to fight him all over again.... and the guy's face went white :D

Remember kids - keep a fairy in your pocket and always take a photo first, swing your sword second!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've met Impa but I've not even made it to the Zora homeland. I'm bad but not as bad as I thought I was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is there a reason to take photos of the bosses, other than 100% completion?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Ah fk, never even thought to take a photo the god damn bosses, balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

They sell photos in Hateno Research Lab don't they? Might sell boss photos as well (for a huge fee I'm sure).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can you not just teleport up to them and take a photo afterwards?

Once you finish a dungeon you can't go back - there's a warning just before you activate the main terminal. Also, if you finished it, you vanquished the boss, and I don't think a Bloodmoon brings them back.
    Lads is there a reason to take photos of the bosses, other than 100% completion?
    Is there a reason to earn money, other than exchanging it for goods and services? 100% Completion! Anything less is 0%!

If they sell the photos in the lab I'll be very disappointed. Theys has gots to be earned!

I guess in theory you could use the Shrine tracker to locate another of the boss once you have a photo... which would shut the bloody thing up since there isn't another one to locate?

They sell photos in the Akkala Tech Lab. I think it's 100 rupees for 1 and it's random apart from picking which category you want it from.

Just found Mozo Shenno's shrine from the clue. Was casting about cursing the little bollix that sent me there. It's not here! There's nothing here! And then I saw it. Brilliant bit of world design!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

If you have to ask, you won't accept my explanation :D But it was supposed to be a light-hearted comment, please abandon any existential examination it may have triggered.

Phew! There's a guy at work came in boasting about how he took down the Zora boss that was giving me so much trouble, and all the things he'd done since then - the kinds of things that trigger an autosave, you know? - and I shared my hilarious story about how the zora boss kept cheating but I'd eventually beaten it only to realise I'd forgotten to take a photo and had to fight him all over again.... and the guy's face went white :D

Remember kids - keep a fairy in your pocket and always take a photo first, swing your sword second!

I'm on my thrid divine beast and never took a photo of the previous 2 bosses :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Speak of the devil, I just met Farosh there on my lunch break.

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm on my thrid divine beast and never took a photo of the previous 2 bosses :confused:

Third divine beast done last night and no pics of any of them so far.....ooops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

To those worrying about missing photos, don't worry. The easy solution is...

...play the game through a second time. It wont even feel like a chore, you'll want to do it :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    To those worrying about missing photos, don't worry. The easy solution is...

...play the game through a second time. It wont even feel like a chore, you'll want to do it :)

Erm.....yes!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was working on the assumption that he was taking the p*ss out of his workmate to wind him up, and you don't actually NEED to take the photos. Is this a real thing? IF so, as I said above, can you not just go visit them afterwards and take a photo? I know you can with the Zora one...

I teleported over to it but couldnt get too close or I was sent back. But you can still get within photo distance!

Advertisement