Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I don't know if there's a reward for 100% completion of the compendium, but I knew that 99% completion would drive him nuts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was working on the assumption that he was taking the p*ss out of his workmate to wind him up, and you don't actually NEED to take the photos. Is this a real thing? IF so, as I said above, can you not just go visit them afterwards and take a photo? I know you can with the Zora one...

I teleported over to it but couldnt get too close or I was sent back. But you can still get within photo distance!

Not the boss...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....

F*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....

F*ck.

Pray for lynel....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

Does anyone else not bother with horses? I prefer to run around, gliding and climbing. Horsey was just slowing me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Sarn wrote:
    Does anyone else not bother with horses? I prefer to run around, gliding and climbing. Horsey was just slowing me down.

Caught one, wouldn't go where I wanted it to, gave up. That was 100+ hours ago.

I am disappointed that when you knock a bokoblin off a bear the bear doesn't maul him. I was all set up ready and waiting for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sarn wrote: »

I had one for the first few days. Grew to love him, didn't want him to get hurt.

Put him in the stable, been wandering on foot ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You all got a time machine what with the dlc and all no one has 100% yet, muah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sarn wrote:

Ever since Fable killed my dog I make a point of avoiding attachment with animal side kicks. Can't cope with that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

fixxxer wrote: »
    Sarn wrote:

Ever since Fable killed my dog I make a point of avoiding attachment with animal side kicks. Can't cope with that again.
    Thanks for reminding me of that, wipes tear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Sarn wrote: »

I cant, literally on a horse for 2 minutes, and the camrea does a 360 constantly in case i miss something. Much prefer on foot.

Killed the lynel at the snowy mountain tonight flawlessly. Wanted to head to the top as i ran away before and knew there had to be something good up there, so thought it was about time to take it. Pulled off flurry's like nothing, wasnt to hard once you figure his attacks, they just seem to take alot of hits.

Havent been playing as much as i should, was 2 weeks before tonight. In the middle of third beast and i'm enjoying taking my time with it.

Just finished yiga hideout and will trek on sunday with a take away and some beers.

Just a note guys, try and keep at least one flame sword amd ice sword, helps alot against the opposite weather. I've a 2 hander of fire and two 2 handers of ice. Brilliant weapons in the high 30's with there effects.
    Also trying to lay off the 13 hearts sword till the end as i like the destructable weapons idea.

(*tried to keep spoiler free as i dont know the tags on mobile*)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

About the photos of the bosses, I think you see them again, in the run up to the end game, so don't fret about missing a one time opportunity to photograph them!

What I've learned is to photograph the mini guardians in the trials of strength, as they're not all the sam...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    About the photos of the bosses, I think you see them again, in the run up to the end game, so don't fret about missing a one time opportunity to photograph them!

You only see them in the run up to Ganon if you've not faced them before :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I do things @R$€; ways. I've 24 Shrine pieces sitting here that I really should convert into 6 extra hearts. I don't know why I haven't, maybe it's because I've 15 hearts and it'll start a new row. There's also all the "Strong Test of Strength" shrines that I can now beat but haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I've uncovered the whole map and finished the four divine beasts but I've only found 51 shrines. I don't know how some of you have found over 90!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Killed Ganon the other night. Probably didn't the guts of 150 hours so far. Think i had 84 shrines at that point.

This is simply the best game I've ever played. To put that time into a game is unheard of for me these days. It speaks to the ease of use that the switch provides.

I've been thinking about what could be done better or what annoyed me about the game. The worst thing i can think of is the lack of the normal music when you open chests. That probably sounds laughable but the game really is that good.

Absolute classic and it's such a shame more won't play it.

Other gutting thing is of course the thoughts of how long it will take Nintendo to make another Zelda game. Here's hoping they use the same assets to release a new one in maybe two years. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Lads I've uncovered the whole map and finished the four divine beasts but I've only found 51 shrines. I don't know how some of you have found over 90!

lot of them are out sight, need to look
    behind stuff, under stuff,
    and some become active as part of quests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

SK1979 wrote: »

Other gutting thing is of course the thoughts of how long it will take Nintendo to make another Zelda game. Here's hoping they use the same assets to release a new one in maybe two years. :-)

I'm hoping the dlc will feed the Zelda need

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

My game is gone insane, pretty much every night is a blood moon, and when you're trying to get farosh's fang, and a blood moon hits and he disappears... Quite fkn annoying! I've had seven blood moons in two hours this morning, and had nine in two hours last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Irishbrick wrote:
    My game is gone insane, pretty much every night is a blood moon, and when you're trying to get farosh's fang, and a blood moon hits and he disappears... Quite fkn annoying! I've had seven blood moons in two hours this morning, and had nine in two hours last night!

This has happened to me. I thought that the further into the game the more blood moons. I've had several in the same hour. Then things settled down for a few days. It's really random

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I had a Blood Moon before at 4AM just sprang out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Sarn

Finally got around to getting my first Divine Beast. Having 14 hearts, the M sword a mountain of lightning arrows and a fully upgraded slate made it relatively easy. Far easier than my first lynel half an hour earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Just finished gerudo beast. Wow hella frustating, the camel itself was tricky with the last points on top. I was stuck for a while on what to do. Boss waa a great fight best yet for me.
    Rito next but i'll be a while as ive stuff to explore along the way.

Has anyone cone across the lord the wood yet?

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Has anyone cone across the lord the wood yet?

Up on the mountain that glows a creepy green every few nights. He's rideable as well.

Best throw a bomb down there amongst the Blupee's and rake in the cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Managed to get his pic before, but never managed to mount it yet (oh matron, etc!)
    It managed to spot me each time (despite being in the stealth gear)

The giant horse on the other hand is mine, was delighted at being able to register it!

Managed to get his pic before, but never managed to mount it yet (oh matron, etc!)
    It managed to spot me each time (despite being in the stealth gear)

The giant horse on the other hand is mine, was delighted at being able to register it!

If you glide in from above and behind, it tends not to see. If you land right beside it, you have a split second to hop on or start walking home.

That massive horse has to be one of the weirdest things. Can't gallop but gives a great view of the landscape as you saunter by. I think I rode it from where I caught it, boarded it in a stable and never rode it again. The skeleton horse is just as weird but for different reasons and the Lord of the Wood is just odd.

Ye I got that fella as well. Beast of a yoke!
    I also managed to resurrect my dead horse that I accidentally threw off a cliff. I found
    the horse fairy
    and gave him a carrot and now I've my best horse back.

Of course, then I got into a scrap with a gang of bokoblins on horseback and one of the little gowls shot me horse, and killed it again! So now I've to go back and resurrect him again. It's getting embarrassing at this stage!

Ye I got that fella as well. Beast of a yoke!
    I also managed to resurrect my dead horse that I accidentally threw off a cliff. I found
    the horse fairy
    and gave him a carrot and now I've my best horse back.

Of course, then I got into a scrap with a gang of bokoblins on horseback and one of the little gowls shot me horse, and killed it again! So now I've to go back and resurrect him again. It's getting embarrassing at this stage!

Seeing and hearing horses die is the most heart-breaking thing in the game.

That said... a lot of horses seem to die around Link. I led a merry chase of Bokoblins on horseback into long grass on the cliffs above Tarrey Town and set it on fire. Barely got out myself but they all cooked nicely :/

I'd say that horse meat would cook nicely, with a bit of Hyrule herb and some radishes.

• Advertisement

I'd say that horse meat would cook nicely, with a bit of Hyrule herb and some radishes.

Now that would be an interesting conversation to have with the Horse God with horse-meat grease all over Link's face.

"you have treated your companions... oh... oh God."

Advertisement