Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

4 Divine Beasts down, recently bought a Lynel mask and dark tunic from Kilton.

Lots of stuff to do before Ganon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Birneybau wrote: »
    4 Divine Beasts down, recently bought a Lynel mask and dark tunic from Kilton.

Lots of stuff to do before Ganon.

If you get the rest of the Dark Link set from Kilton, walk into any village and people cower in fear. It's great. Glowing red eyes and faster running speeds at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

What does the Lynel mask do, I just got it and walked in the coliseum and he battered me to bits again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

safetyboy wrote: »
    What does the Lynel mask do, I just got it and walked in the coliseum and he battered me to bits again

Read the description - Equip it to blend in with Lynels, but don't linger too long. Those beasts are smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You can walk right past them, might get a preliminary shot in, but not for just wading in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Important question: Has anyone attacked a chicken yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »

No. I know better from previous Zelda games that's asking for trouble.

Likewise, but I still want to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CastorTroy wrote:

Yes.

Don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yes.

Don't.

Can't you throw them at Lynels?

Edit : hey! I was stuck at gerudo Oasis. Bored, i fed a dog a lump of meat. He ate it and made a horsey 'widdly-wing' noise, the bonding noise. Subsequent meat had no effect but he started following me. Can we make non-wolf-link friends?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Can't you throw them at Lynels?

Edit : hey! I was stuck at gerudo Oasis. Bored, i fed a dog a lump of meat. He ate it and made a horsey 'widdly-wing' noise, the bonding noise. Subsequent meat had no effect but he started following me. Can we make non-wolf-link friends?

Some dogs lead you to treasure. Dog-friendship is its own treasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CastorTroy wrote:

The only way to successfully exterminate a chicken is to bring one to death mountain and throw in lava.

You can attack chickens near enemy's and they will swarm in and attack the enemy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Grassey wrote: »
    The only way to successfully exterminate a chicken is to bring one to death mountain and throw in lava.

You can also use them to glide if you jump off a cliff holding one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

After the Lost Woods WRECKING my head the past few nights I finally passed it and got the nice shiny thing at the centre ;-) Doing the side quests in there and the shrines and then it's off to Death Mountain for my final divine beast!!

In the middle of the Gerudo beast. It's a lot of fun. I'm quite enjoying the environmental control puzzles that the Beasts represent, and I definitely think I've done them in the right order (so far Zora, Rito, Gerudo) in terms of the complexity of those controls.

Lost Woods - did you figure out the trick or just brute force your way through? It's quite possible to make it through without figuring it out, I was literally barking up the wrong tree with a couple of my theories but managed to fudge it all the same. Twice!

Decide to post link so as not to spoil things for the 5 people who haven't seen Lion King.
    Lion King spoiler inside

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9HaAuuXoAEovH7.jpg

:pac::(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Zelda: Breath of the Wild Update 1.1.2 Makes For A More Pleasant Gaming Experience

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/zelda_breath_of_the_wild_update_1_1_2_makes_for_a_more_pleasant_gaming_experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

In the middle of the Gerudo beast. It's a lot of fun. I'm quite enjoying the environmental control puzzles that the Beasts represent, and I definitely think I've done them in the right order (so far Zora, Rito, Gerudo) in terms of the complexity of those controls.

Lost Woods - did you figure out the trick or just brute force your way through? It's quite possible to make it through without figuring it out, I was literally barking up the wrong tree with a couple of my theories but managed to fudge it all the same. Twice!

I literally tried everything and then decided to have a quick peek online for some tips as I was so frustrated! Of course the first tip I came across worked! Was kinda annoyed me dropping wood and lighting it via torches didn't work :-( Also tried climbing to the tops of the trees and gliding from one to the other but that didn't work either. Without the tip I would have never figured it out myself, I was like how the hell are you supposed to know that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Think I'm gonna restart the game wasted so many weapons taking down smaller enemies I am still having fun exploring the game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Koroks are barstewards!

Think I'm gonna restart the game wasted so many weapons taking down smaller enemies I am still having fun exploring the game though.

There's always more weapons to be had. Running the Coliseum from top to bottom or Zora Valley in reverse will provide a ton of good weapons, shields, bows and arrows.

The Northern part of Gerudo Desert provides tough enemies with really good bows.

Get far enough into the game and silver Bokoblins and Moblins appear with Royal weapons, some of the best standard weapons there are.

That golf game is annoying..

That golf game is annoying..

Gave it another go last night, even hit it through the tiny gap. Couldn't get it to stick. I can get the direction down most of the time but the distance seems to change drastically (6 strokes with the hammer one time seems to be too much and then too little another time).

Gave up and did something fun instead (rode a bear, did some snowball bowling, opened up the bulk of the map and killed a Lynel).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My focus at the moment is leveling up all my gear! I've done most of it - Just need to do the Soldiers Gear, and I think the Climbing Gear, and maybe one or two individual pieces.

Found myself browsing the boutique in the Gerudo market thinking "That would look great on me in red". I do believe I need to get into my thermals and take a long walk around Hebra to think about where life is taking me...

Found myself browsing the boutique in the Gerudo market thinking "That would look great on me in red". I do believe I need to get into my thermals and take a long walk around Hebra to think about where life is taking me...

I got my Zora gear dyed the same colour as Prince Sidon.

Onanist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Rhyme wrote: »
    Gave it another go last night, even hit it through the tiny gap. Couldn't get it to stick. I can get the direction down most of the time but the distance seems to change drastically (6 strokes with the hammer one time seems to be too much and then too little another time).

Gave up and did something fun instead (rode a bear, did some snowball bowling, opened up the bulk of the map and killed a Lynel).

I managed to kill 2 Lynels in hand to hand combat in the space of like half an hour, and then with my new found confidence, I went for lucky number 3 (which was actually only a short walk from number 2) and he obliterated me. I didn't have a hope, even though I used multiple meals that gave me full health + 20 temporary hearts each time! Some Lynels are obviously tougher than others.

I"m curious as to why they're so angry though. Like I never did anything to them, but as soon as you walk near them, they just attack you without even talking to you! Like maybe if they spoke to Link for a few minutes, they'd see he's a nice bloke and maybe become friends and put all "attempting to aggressively murder you" stuff them. Maybe take a few anger management classes or something, coz they seem to be just mad angry the whole time. Rough childhood perhaps? Or possibly crushing loneliness from being out walking around all day, with no sign of a Lyneless? :(

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I"m curious as to why they're so angry though. Like I never did anything to them, but as soon as you walk near them, they just attack you without even talking to you! Like maybe if they spoke to Link for a few minutes, they'd see he's a nice bloke and maybe become friends and put all "attempting to aggressively murder you" stuff them. Maybe take a few anger management classes or something, coz they seem to be just mad angry the whole time. Rough childhood perhaps? Or possibly crushing loneliness from being out walking around all day, with no sign of a Lyneless? :(

I'd love to see one lured to other enemies or NPC's to see if they're as pissed off with them as they are with Link. Lynel's tend to be pretty isolated so who knows.

I know they're grand with wildlife, no aggression there :/

• Advertisement

just got through the
    forgotten temple
    Lost 3 shields parrying and was afraid to break my Hylian shield. how tough is the Hylian shield.

Advertisement