Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

safetyboy wrote: »
    just got through the
    forgotten temple
    Lost 3 shields parrying and was afraid to break my Hylian shield. how tough is the Hylian shield.

Is that the one you're supposed to glide through with piles of Guardians shooting from all directions? That place is madness. Heart didn't stop pounding for ages after getting though it.

The Hylian shield is the toughest in the game but does break, 90 defence I think (can be re-bought from a guy from Tarrey Town, once you get it up and running).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'd love to see one lured to other enemies or NPC's to see if they're as pissed off with them as they are with Link. Lynel's tend to be pretty isolated so who knows.

I know they're grand with wildlife, no aggression there :/

I wonder could u coax a guardian into a Lynel's domain? I've seen a fight between a Guardian and a Stone Talus on Youtube, so I wonder could it be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Is that the one you're supposed to glide through with piles of Guardians shooting from all directions? That place is madness. Heart didn't stop pounding for ages after getting though it.

The Hylian shield is the toughest in the game but does break, 90 defence I think (can be re-bought from a guy from Tarrey Town, once you get it up and running).

Yeah but I killed all but the last 2 as I didn't want to break the Hylian shield.

I have Tarrey town up and running and its the most expensive town on the map. dunno why I helped them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I got **** lucky and managed to glide, crawl, dodge my way to the shrine!! Was thinking about walking back out and taking them on but then I got sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

madmoe wrote: »
    I got **** lucky and managed to glide, crawl, dodge my way to the shrine!! Was thinking about walking back out and taking them on but then I got sense!!

It would be a great source of Ancient parts as the stationary ones have a lot less health. Glide, arrow, glide, sword, bam... lotso parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

It would be a great source of Ancient parts as the stationary ones have a lot less health. Glide, arrow, glide, sword, bam... lotso parts.

Very true! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've done that area both ways, going in and coming out (after warping there)
    Is much harder going out, due to the placement of the guardians. Easier to tackle them one by one on the way in.
    Gave it another go last night, even hit it through the tiny gap. Couldn't get it to stick. I can get the direction down most of the time but the distance seems to change drastically (6 strokes with the hammer one time seems to be too much and then too little another time).

Hint:
    Move the ball further back before hitting it...
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The Lost Woods music is just fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Just did my 2nd beast last night, the bird(elephant was first). In no hurry with this, such a fantastic game.

Have bumped into a few of those mad lynel yokes. Twice I stood at a distance thinking I was grand. Then wham, electrocuted! You need to get high strength electro protection? Or just never stand still?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

Just did my 2nd beast last night, the bird(elephant was first). In no hurry with this, such a fantastic game.

Have bumped into a few of those mad lynel yokes. Twice I stood at a distance thinking I was grand. Then wham, electrocuted! You need to get high strength electro protection? Or just never stand still?

the item you get from the bird makes the rest of game, so much easier,

the elephant was the final one for me,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Getting closer and dodging is the best tactic. Eventually, he will retreat and try to get arrows or fireballs, best to just run at him, and get him to stop. The difficult ones are the ones with the lances. Big reach and they do a very hard to avoid dash attack. You need to be good with the bow and get them in the head to stun them. As I type that, I imagine the upgraded Stasis would be good for avoiding some attacks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just got the Switch and BotW as a present this evening. Reverse positioning of A and B is killing me on menu screens at the minute.

Also think i might have set the record for fastest death by running straight out of the resurrection shrine and off the cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

You certainly are......an Eager Beaver!!!

BOOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Finished this tonight, genuinely cried at the ending what a game, i think this is what people felt at the end of ocarina of time back in 98. this is gonna be the same as then.

I refuse to finish it..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I refuse to finish it..
    Me too, I'm korok hunting now with only final battle left!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

After spending over a month trying to find some sort of clothing based solution to the "bursting into flame" problem, I finally stopped thinking like an open world paragliding freedom loving wild man and did what the game wanted me to do. Jesus, all the time I wasted...

When you beat Ganon, is that it? You have to start over? or can you continue that game to mop up Koroks and Shrines?

where is the rest of the zora clobber?

Assuming you mean the head and foot pieces
    if you swim up the waterfall behind Zoras domain and veer slightly left, heading towards the other side of the mountain where there's another waterfall down to Akkala, there's a small lake with what looks like a collapsed bell tower in it - there's a chest in there. I think you get the other piece from the girl who asks for a photo of a lynel. Remember, it has to be one of *your* photos, it's not enough to have the Compendium entry from a photo you've deleted. One of them gives you an attack in water I think. If you've found 2 or more Great Fairies you can upgrade the set twice to gain a stamina penalty reduction when sprinting in water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Banjo wrote: »

When you beat Ganon, is that it? You have to start over? or can you continue that game to mop up Koroks and Shrines?

it goes back to before the final fight and continues as normal

• Advertisement

Assuming you mean the head and foot pieces
    if you swim up the waterfall behind Zoras domain and veer slightly left, heading towards the other side of the mountain where there's another waterfall down to Akkala, there's a small lake with what looks like a collapsed bell tower in it - there's a chest in there. I think you get the other piece from the girl who asks for a photo of a lynel. Remember, it has to be one of *your* photos, it's not enough to have the Compendium entry from a photo you've deleted. One of them gives you an attack in water I think. If you've found 2 or more Great Fairies you can upgrade the set twice to gain a stamina penalty reduction when sprinting in water

Have all fairys, mountain gear etc, only rocking the zora wetsuit didnt really think i needed anymore, now i'm just collecting as much as I can.. found I nice cave in the mountains with 3 chests and a load of good weapons. I wonder do they respawn at the blood moon??

BTW fuuu that god damn silver Lynel.. I will not give up until I put that pup into space.

Had 3am finishes the past 2 nights, this game......why you so goooood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

BTW fuuu that god damn silver Lynel.. I will not give up until I put that pup into space.

Came across him when I glided onto the plain and he popped up. Took me a fair while to beat him, his attacks can be savage and rapid.

I have noticed some glaring stalls, usually when fighting big lugs, since the latest update. Wii U version got a downdate? :D

Happens on switch, undocked at least, as well. Noticed that too. Hit a moblin hard enough, the world feels it.

I thought I was lord Muck with my Lynel mask until he slapped me across the coliseum for the 50th time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

it goes back to before the final fight and continues as normal

From what I've read (not done it yet myself!) it also gives you your completion percentage on your saved game too. Which includes all 900 koroks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's not right how much fun cooking is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - going for Calamity Ganon while playing flight mini game breaks the world

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-going-for-calamity-ganon-while-playing-flight-mini-game-breaks-the-world/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bdTezkeHc

I think they'll fix that in the next patch.

Advertisement