Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnnn0BBj_c

Loving this trailer. The part where Link stares at all of his perfect scores...!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild - going for Calamity Ganon while playing flight mini game breaks the world

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-going-for-calamity-ganon-while-playing-flight-mini-game-breaks-the-world/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bdTezkeHc

I think they'll fix that in the next patch.

****. That's a pretty game breaking bug! Granted, the chances of it occurring are very, very slim (in that in a open world game this size, it's close to impossible to imagine someone doing this as a QA test case!) but that could really ruin someones day/life if you didn't have an earlier save or played a while before going back to Ganon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Got back playing this last night and today after a couple of days on hiatus. Found a few more shrines, finally found the last Great Fairy. Found more Korok seeds, one being at literally the "pinnacle" of the game. I've over 320 but still no idea where to go with them or who to give them to. Haven't done any Divine Beasts yet either. Found a memory, a good few new minor bosses. Even when you're not doing much, there still seems to be quite a bit happening. I've nearly 100 shrines found, just shy of it. Must beat the Major Test Shrines and that Island. Oh and I found the tailor for Tarrey Town. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Found more Korok seeds, one being at literally the "pinnacle" of the game. I've over 320 but still no idea where to go with them or who to give them to. Haven't done any Divine Beasts yet either.

I won't spoiler it for you, but you should take a stroll out the road from Duelling Peaks towards Kakariko village, over the Owlan Bridge and up the hill to the right. You might meet someone there who will show you the value of Korok seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All.

I am a couple of hours into this on the Wii U and had a quick question... I have been told to go to the Village by the King but can I take my sweet time and explore the Landscape or is there a time constraint between missions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All.

I am a couple of hours into this on the Wii U and had a quick question... I have been told to go to the Village by the King but can I take my sweet time and explore the Landscape or is there a time constraint between missions?

There's no time constraint at all, you can do as you please! I believe there are people here who had played for 200 hours before heading to the village!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Hi All.

Just do what you want when you want.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    There's no time constraint at all, you can do as you please! I believe there are people here who had played for 200 hours before heading to the village!

That was me. My advice though having done that is go to the village as soon as possible, otherwise you're locked out loads of subquests, memories, shrines and certain creatures won't appear otherwise. Then there's the album, that's all I'll say.

pasta-solo wrote: »

Great! Thanks...

That was me. My advice though having done that is go to the village as soon as possible, otherwise you're locked out loads of subquests, memories, shrines and certain creatures won't appear otherwise. Then there's the album, that's all I'll say.

Sorry... so go to the Village early then or I'll lose out on content? goes against early posts...

if I go you the village now, can I back track to the early areas to explore?

• Advertisement

Sorry... so go to the Village early then or I'll lose out on content? goes against early posts...

You don't have to go but it is beneficial in a lot of ways. Otherwise you'll be doing a lot of backtracking later. Some things I can't say without spoiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I started mass effect last night, I'm sure it is a decent game, but good lord did it bore me to tears.
    I think this Zelda has broken other games forever more(for me anyways) , it's pure and utter perfection!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally went and killed my first divine beast(Ruta), I've had it since launch but I've been too busy looking for shrines and just exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It goes against other posts using Sligeach as the poster child for not visiting the village. As such, it makes more sense to listen to him than them. His is the light and the way that they've only read about...

Personally I would play up until an old friend marks 4 waypoints on your map, then do as you please. That's the point at which you have access to all basic game mechanics, quests and whatnot, and the point at which the game stops spoon feeding you, but opens the buffet for you to pick and choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Am still pottering around with 4 hearts I am currently getting my ass handed to me by the woodland stable, I have found 16 shrines only have been to the island and got out of there as fast as I could the game is a look of fun doing nothing just exploring, found the epona theme popping up to be fun I need to dig out my link amiibo that horse is awesome.

Banjo wrote: »
    It goes against other posts using Sligeach as the poster child for not visiting the village. As such, it makes more sense to listen to him than them. His is the light and the way that they've only read about...

Personally I would play up until an old friend marks 4 waypoints on your map, then do as you please. That's the point at which you have access to all basic game mechanics, quests and whatnot, and the point at which the game stops spoon feeding you, but opens the buffet for you to pick and choose from.

OK thanks for advice... Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Irishbrick wrote:
    I started mass effect last night, I'm sure it is a decent game, but good lord did it bore me to tears. I think this Zelda has broken other games forever more(

This plus 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Went and fought Calamity Ganon yesterday, didn't look at all like I'd expected, very interesting looking! Like that it tells me on the quests / side quests / shrine quests screens how many I've done and how many there are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

if you have killed ganon yet, there a dlc out this summer with new dungeons and gaurdians are easy to kill with gaurdians gear and weapons and the blue fire is close to akkala tech lab to your left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lighting the furnace at Akkala Ancient Tech Lab almost broke my spirit. It kept ****ing raining meaning I couldn't light my torches and i got hit with a blood moon in between as well. Infuriatingly brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Lighting the furnace at Akkala Ancient Tech Lab almost broke my spirit. It kept ****ing raining meaning I couldn't light my torches and i got hit with a blood moon in between as well. Infuriatingly brilliant.

I kept on having to run around and backtrack to finish that bit. Ended up lighting as many of the covered torches as I went so that when I inevitably had to run, I could return to one of those rather than the furnace. Ended up sliding down a cliff near the stable and walking back up the hill rather than dodging enemies.

Nothing to be done about the rain though :/

I'm loving the game... hugely nostalgic to the original atmosphere. But do any of you feel a tired sense of repetition in the shrine model in terms of using health or stamina in a very slow method...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Rhyme wrote: »
    I kept on having to run around and backtrack to finish that bit. Ended up lighting as many of the covered torches as I went so that when I inevitably had to run, I could return to one of those rather than the furnace. Ended up sliding down a cliff near the stable and walking back up the hill rather than dodging enemies.

Nothing to be done about the rain though :/

Well yes, I did that but it must have rained on and on about five times during the route from the source to the tech lab. Then having to fight all the moblins again :(:(

I'd wonder if either of the DLC packs will have rainproof climbing gear :)

Be just as game-breaking as the Divine Beast abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Game needs a hookshot/longshot for grappling, paraglider is class but that zora domain is evil, evil I tells ya

Game needs a hookshot/longshot for grappling, paraglider is class but that zora domain is evil, evil I tells ya

Maybe even as a weapon so the blade of the hookshot wears down so you can't just use it all over the place. Firing it at stone wears it down faster than wood and it bounces off metal targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Upgrade the climbing gear fully, while it doesn't help with the raid, does reduce the amount of stamina required to do the 'jump climb' - and it's not the worst grind to get leveled up either. That's reserved for the Barbarian gear, which is the last set I have to upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Found a shrine at lake Kilsie, tiny crack in the cliff, no Idea how to get in..

safetyboy wrote: »
    Found a shrine at lake Kilsie, tiny crack in the cliff, no Idea how to get in..

If that's the one I think it is, there should be an up-draught nearby. Take it up and you'll see another up-draught and a string of them going from a tiny island, up a cliff face etc and eventually a bombable wall leading into a cave and into where that shrine is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got my glow in the dark "you're dead meat, Laruso!" armour and upgraded it. Was curious what the 'disguise' set bonus would do till the sun went down and the moon came up. Disclaimer : you don't turn into zombie link! Still, hand effect for wandering at night.

Stal Hinox! Holy crap!

The Lynel mask definitely works, wandered past 2 of them last night on my newly acquired giant horse (I love you, Ganoninho!) I'd prefer they'd made it a female Lynette mask so you could have those awkward bugs bunny moments where he's tripping on his own heels and blushing but hey, that's what DLC is for...

Amazing how big this game is. Wandering through areas I thought I'd explored in my first week, finding koroks all over the shop... I pity the poor bastard who has to direct the inevitable sequel...

Advertisement