Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo wrote: »
    Got my glow in the dark "you're dead meat, Laruso!" armour and upgraded it. Was curious what the 'disguise' set bonus would do till the sun went down and the moon came up. Disclaimer : you don't turn into zombie link! Still, hand effect for wandering at night.

Stal Hinox! Holy crap!

The Lynel mask definitely works, wandered past 2 of them last night on my newly acquired giant horse (I love you, Ganoninho!) I'd prefer they'd made it a female Lynette mask so you could have those awkward bugs bunny moments where he's tripping on his own heels and blushing but hey, that's what DLC is for...

Amazing how big this game is. Wandering through areas I thought I'd explored in my first week, finding koroks all over the shop... I pity the poor bastard who has to direct the inevitable sequel...

I thought I had seen all there was, in terms of landmarks, then I stumbled across a stable I'd not visiting before with a couple of missions. I'm at 38/42 for the Shrine Quests (but I think I completed a couple before getting the mission, so I don't think I can get the mission now - the main one being the 7 Gerudo Heroines one. I did that first, and the person supposed to give you the mission doesn't give it out now), and about 60/72 on the other missions. I have about 8 to find out of those 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Quick question - I shot a lynel with an ancient arrow and he disappeared in a blue flash. No usual explosion, no body parts or other loot. Is he dead? Or is the sneaky fooker just waiting to pop out of some hyrule limbo and have his bloody revenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Xofpod wrote: »
    Quick question - I shot a lynel with an ancient arrow and he disappeared in a blue flash. No usual explosion, no body parts or other loot. Is he dead? Or is the sneaky fooker just waiting to pop out of some hyrule limbo and have his bloody revenge?

Lynel is the devil, he will always come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Those last three amiibos are gonna be hard to find online or in store, wonder is it time to give up on them like I did on the guardian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Grassey wrote: »
    The only way to successfully exterminate a chicken is to bring one to death mountain and throw in lava.

Actually throwing a cucco into Death Mountain in Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QGG9Z65qHk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Xofpod wrote: »

Huh, I tried this out too. It seems ancient arrows one hit kill most non-Ancient enemies. You get no rewards (it's like they teleport them out of the world) but they are not something that I would either tend to have a lot of, and if I did have those arrows, I wouldn't use them on non Ancients (I save my pot lid for that now! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Huh. The first boss was really easy. That was unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

it goes back to before the final fight and continues as normal

I found that part really strange I have to say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sligeach wrote: »
    Actually throwing a cucco into Death Mountain in Breath of the Wild

I just threw one into the river in kakariko and it didn't come back.

I tried feeding the cucco's to see if they would lay an egg. They didn't eat anything. Thought they might as you can feed other animals like dogs and horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was looking at the DLC for Summer - the trial cave and "hard mode" - wondering what Hard Mode might entail. Bumping up the damage the bad guys do or take seems pointless, considering you can mitigate most of it with fairies, meals, Mipha etc. and by summer we should all be parrying and sneakstriking with the best of 'em. I wonder would they introduce the need for sleep and meals, with penalties for skipping either?
    Maybe go a step further, limit your inventory space, making meals and ingredients perishable (where elixirs are not) so you can't walk around with a bag like the larder of a hotel kitchen and pause a fight with the lord of darkness to scarf down your 3rd bowl of radish stew? Sleeping rough would be risky and have only a limited healing effect, scaling up for camps, beds, hotels. Maybe the longer you're awake the less of your stamina wheel replenishes with every expenditure. It would make your house in Hateno a haven rather than a gold sink, Tarrey Town would suddenly be an oasis of calm rather than an island of regret (She should have been mine, damnit, mine!), stopping to break bread with traveling merchants who didn't have a quest to give you or arrows for sale would be worth while. And if you eschew all that, you'll be halfway up a mountain, leaping from handhold to handhold when your concentration fails or your weak arms give out, when hunger forces a sudden stamina wheel drain or tiredness triggers a slip...

Had to do the 2nd blue torch run last night, it's just MEAN. As soon as I got it done, the projected weather for the day completely changed. All the storms that were blowing in from the coast suddenly disappeared and it was Sesame Street sunny days all the way. BASTARDS!

If you're about to be struck by lightning and you only have 1 metal item - a sword - equipped, can you throw it just before the lightning hits and have the lightning hit the sword in flight / as it lands on a Moblin? Or does it count as an unequip and just reset the lightning target? Why can't you throw shields like Captain America? There's a boomerang mechanic in the game for god's sake!

Huh. The first boss was really easy. That was unexpected.

Which one was that?

Found them all fairly easy, tbh. Although I found the second phase of
    Thunderblight Ganon
    a bit of a chore (it just dragged on and on).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Banjo wrote: »
    I was looking at the DLC for Summer - the trial cave and "hard mode" - wondering what Hard Mode might entail. Bumping up the damage the bad guys do or take seems pointless, considering you can mitigate most of it with fairies, meals, Mipha etc. and by summer we should all be parrying and sneakstriking with the best of 'em. I wonder would they introduce the need for sleep and meals, with penalties for skipping either?
    Maybe go a step further, limit your inventory space, making meals and ingredients perishable (where elixirs are not) so you can't walk around with a bag like the larder of a hotel kitchen and pause a fight with the lord of darkness to scarf down your 3rd bowl of radish stew? Sleeping rough would be risky and have only a limited healing effect, scaling up for camps, beds, hotels. Maybe the longer you're awake the less of your stamina wheel replenishes with every expenditure. It would make your house in Hateno a haven rather than a gold sink, Tarrey Town would suddenly be an oasis of calm rather than an island of regret (She should have been mine, damnit, mine!), stopping to break bread with traveling merchants who didn't have a quest to give you or arrows for sale would be worth while. And if you eschew all that, you'll be halfway up a mountain, leaping from handhold to handhold when your concentration fails or your weak arms give out, when hunger forces a sudden stamina wheel drain or tiredness triggers a slip...

Had to do the 2nd blue torch run last night, it's just MEAN. As soon as I got it done, the projected weather for the day completely changed. All the storms that were blowing in from the coast suddenly disappeared and it was Sesame Street sunny days all the way. BASTARDS!

If you're about to be struck by lightning and you only have 1 metal item - a sword - equipped, can you throw it just before the lightning hits and have the lightning hit the sword in flight / as it lands on a Moblin? Or does it count as an unequip and just reset the lightning target? Why can't you throw shields like Captain America? There's a boomerang mechanic in the game for god's sake!

Not being able to fast travel when in danger and not being able to access the food menu during a fight would be two things worth considering.

Anyone know what the Cave of Trials is supposed to be?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Cave of Trials is supposed to be?
    My guess is that they'll take Eventide Island, Escape from New York and every Lynel that ever walked into a hairdresser and said "give me the do that Def Leppard said no to" , stick it in a blender and then limit your health.

Edit : That Dorkly video of throwing a Cucco into Lava is fun. Anticlimactic, sure, but the journey, oh the journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Had a weird experience the other night. I felt a bit like Oisin returning from Tír na nÓg!

So I went up a certain mountain and met a certain Lord of said mountain. And as I tend to do, I fell off the cliff, but only a few metres. So I found meself on the side of the mountain in a kind of recessed area, still on my white magical steed, and discovered a big rock that needed to be moved (korok!). I didn't wanna get off me horse but the need to get that korok seed was overwhelming, so of course, I hopped off to move it. It was only when I turned around that I noticed me horse had disappeared into thin air before I could get down the mountain and register him. I sat up the top of that mountain for about a week with me log fire, waiting for him to return, but alas I've yet to find him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The_B_Man wrote: »
    It was only when I turned around that I noticed me horse had disappeared into thin air before I could get down the mountain and register him. I sat up the top of that mountain for about a week with me log fire, waiting for him to return, but alas I've yet to find him again.

Can't register him :( nor the bear, stag or skeleton horse but not for lack of trying.

Skeleton horse is class caught one but no more, great details

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno if it was here or talking to someone else but maybe hard mode is constant rain and lightning. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dunno if it was here or talking to someone else but maybe hard mode is constant rain and lightning. :)

It better not be jebus that would be torture beyond torture

So, defeated Ganon at the weekend and have been doing other bits since! Then Impa popped into my head this evening and I said I'd head back to her to hear what she now has to say and it's the same bloody thing as before, WTF!? This happen to everyone??

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    So, defeated Ganon at the weekend and have been doing other bits since! Then Impa popped into my head this evening and I said I'd head back to her to hear what she now has to say and it's the same bloody thing as before, WTF!? This happen to everyone??

Thanks,
    M

Have all memories? If my memory is correct, she talks in a loop until you do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just.... wow
    From our very own BGOllie too!

Rhyme wrote: »
    Have all memories? If my memory is correct, she talks in a loop until you do that.

Not all.... will set out to get them now!

Just 8 shrines left. Though I still haven't done any of the Divine Beasts. I've collected 40% of the Kook seeds, that's something I won't 100% nor very few will either. And I've found all the memories. Didn't know THAT shield could break. Hasn't happened but only found out it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

sligeach wrote: »
    Just 8 shrines left. Though I still haven't done any of the Divine Beasts. I've collected 40% of the Kook seeds, that's something I won't 100% nor very few will either. And I've found all the memories. Didn't know THAT shield could break. Hasn't happened but only found out it can.

You can pick it up again in tarrey town after you've acquired it I believe

So I heard.

Just found Malanya some weird
    Horse Fairy
    Never even heard of her. Interesting

safetyboy wrote: »
    Just found Malanya some weird
    Horse Fairy
    Never even heard of her. Interesting

Just hope that you've been good to your horsies up until now.

I was bricking it when I found her first as I'd ridden horses off cliffs, killed them with arrows, burned them alive, zapped by Guardians and even threw a Rusty Claymore through one horses face.

Found the lord of the mountain with maxed out stamina and he still bucks me the pup.

• Advertisement

Winners don't do drugs, but I never saw Serena Williams on the back of the Lord of the Mountain. Quaff potions! Quaff like the wind!

(Wait, did "On the back of the Lord of the Mountain" just become a euphemism for getting pregnant???)

God damned Yiga Clan. They're like bloody IS. You clear out the cave network, feckers are still everywhere and taking out the leadership just makes them stronger and better equipped... I'm just picking apples, you bastards. Let me be!

BTW, when you get jumped in the wild, are they still
    crazy for bananas or has their thirst for revenge drowned their hunger for the Yellow Dragon?

Advertisement