Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Some of the giro control shrines are possibly the worst use of motions I've ever used, I nearly broke my wrist while doing the Tota Sah Shrine, absolute torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

safetyboy wrote: »
    Some of the giro control shrines are possibly the worst use of motions I've ever used, I nearly broke my wrist while doing the Tota Sah Shrine, absolute torture.

Did you get a weird drift when using the motion controls? What started out reasonable had me twisting at weird angles and when the controller was set down the puzzle was way off its original starting point.

You would be easier rolling around the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I have to agree. They are rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

In one of those, the mazy one, I actually flipped the maze upside down and used the smooth back of it :D

• Advertisement

Right. I'll have to do some of the Divine Beasts this evening as most other things are done. I know of 2 shrines that I can't access that I'm sure are blocked until they're beaten and I'm betting there's 1 hidden on Death Mountain beyond that bridge. Same with Fangs & Bone guy. Still the same 3 items as the start but I know he has better things than a mop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Have just finished my second divine beast, Vah Naboris. Absolutely excellent dungeon but found the boss fight a bit disappointing.

I still can't get over the scale of the damn thing. Said I'd leave the beasts for a while after the first one but then ended up needing a break from random exploring!

Kinda bored of exploring now, still have calamity ganon and silver Lynel to have a go at.

Does anyone know if the
    spring-loaded hammer
    from Kilton break? Don't wanna waste Mon if it does.

Edit: I'd say it does. I bought it and tried using it and it lost its sparkle after 1 use. Unless it recharges like something else which I doubt. Time to reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the
    spring-loaded hammer
    from Kilton break? Don't wanna waste Mon if it does.

Edit: I'd say it does. I bought it and tried using it and it lost its sparkle after 1 use. Unless it recharges like something else which I doubt. Time to reset.

Judging by the cost of it, if you hit enough enemies into water/off cliffs and harvest their precious precious organs. You'll have more than enough Mon by the time it breaks. Might even profit.

Once you buy the
    Dark Link
    gear and the masks, most monster parts are only good for selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That Friday feeling

C93nY-EW0AA-jVg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It definitely breaks Sligeach, went through my first one doing one of those pinball type stasis bashing shrines :D

How To Ride A Guardian Through The Sky - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx0Hu9nzVwU

I LMAO. Yes dear, that is an octopus you see flying through the air on a raft. What's so strange about that?

sligeach wrote: »
    How To Ride A Guardian Through The Sky - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx0Hu9nzVwU

I LMAO. Yes dear, that is an octopus you see flying through the air on a raft. What's so strange about that?

I ****ing love this game. Went to Goron City about four hours ago to do my next Divine Best and when picking up a Stone Smasher discovered at last that I wasn't supposed blast ore about with a bomb. I'd been craving up about losing gems and luminous stones falling off cliffs. Still haven't started the main quest again as I'm happily mining away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

is this game better than bloodborne and the dark souls games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Found a shiek amiibo today in my stash thought I'd swapped it for Sonic a long time ago must have gotten my wires crossed, first tap got me shieks mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

impossible to make comparison I think. very very different games but Bloodboure is without doubt my favourite game but absolutely adore the new Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well I died a lot if that's what you mean. :)

Just beat Ganon this evening. Great game!

Whoever thought it was a good idea to use L3 to duck needs a slap. Dunno how many times I died or nearly died due to ducking instead of jumping out of the way. It's like games that use R3 to reload. "Steady, steady. Nearly got the head... Ah for feck's sake, why are you reloading?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well I died a lot if that's what you mean. :)

Just beat Ganon this evening. Great game!

Whoever thought it was a good idea to use L3 to duck needs a slap. Dunno how many times I died or nearly died due to ducking instead of jumping out of the way. It's like games that use R3 to reload. "Steady, steady. Nearly got the head... Ah for feck's sake, why are you reloading?!?"

Down for whistling is the worst thing about the game. Lost count of the amount of times I was sneaking up on an enemy camp and accidentally pressing down and EVERY enemy for miles knows where I am

Just beat calamity out of boredom, lynel is still the worst Nightmare in the game. Nothing else interests me a on the switch which is sad, i think its time to say goodbye switch xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Totally different games, i own blood and ds but if ur able to pick this up then 100% do it. You'll enjoy it. Brillant game, if your not sure hit youtube and see what you think. Seeing as you posted in the thread your thinking about it. A very good 50-60 quid you'll spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Just beat calamity out of boredom, lynel is still the worst Nightmare in the game. Nothing else interests me a on the switch which is sad, i think its time to say goodbye switch xx

Yeah but us guys on the wii u playing will wish we had a switch cause of smash brothers/mario kart, New Metroid...Every raimbow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Totally different games, i own blood and ds but if ur able to pick this up then 100% do it. You'll enjoy it. Brillant game, if your not sure hit youtube and see what you think. Seeing as you posted in the thread your thinking about it. A very good 50-60 quid you'll spend.

Given how much of the game is wandering around going "oooh! What's that?", how well does Youtube convey the experience? I'd have thought watching someone else play (at least, someone who can't hear you shouting "Check out that suspiciously large tree!") would be deathly dull. On the other hand, the Chicken video is hilarious but doesn't convey what the game is about.
    (aside from that moment when the Yiga swordsman appears out of nowhere in the middle of a storm, laughs, draws his sword and gets hit by lightning - that is EXACTLY what this game is all about, the sum of inter-system relationships being so much greater than their parts).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Down for whistling is the worst thing about the game. Lost count of the amount of times I was sneaking up on an enemy camp and accidentally pressing down and EVERY enemy for miles knows where I am

But your horse can't hear you from 10 metres away :)

That's actually the worst thing about the game for me. I didn't use the horse generally as it was too damn inconvenient to have to go to a stable if I left the horse somewhere else, or teleported.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

chrislad wrote:
    That's actually the worst thing about the game for me. I didn't use the horse generally as it was too damn inconvenient to have to go to a stable if I left the horse somewhere else, or teleported.

Why... Why would you leave him? He's your friend!!

Smotherwing%20Butterfly%20Location-thumb-688x387-597418.jpg

This thing has to the biggest pain in the hole to collect. Even with the sensor on, half the time it's telling me to jump into the lava. I now just buy them from Beedle, it's not worth the hassle. I don't know how people would enjoy playing this game in handheld mode on the Switch. It must be a nightmare to see any insect? I don't really like playing games like this on the gamepad. I have played some of it on the gamepad but only for certain things or if there's something on TV I want to watch while playing. I like it for 2D games but not 3D games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fixxxer wrote: »
    Why... Why would you leave him? He's your friend!!

No, he's a pain in the ass who can't climb mountains! I only use the horse if I'm just messing around and want to listen to that really nice Zelda theme that comes on when you're horse riding.

A red mane one. Pansy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

That's how I beat the
    hinox on eventide island
    , don't think I'd try it with a lynel though

Advertisement