Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Banjo wrote: »
    STOP! Telling him it's a peninsula was enough of a clue!

You can save a bit of time using Cryonisis platforms to push and guide. Or at least you can tell yourself it's saving time but by christ it's a chore.

Stasis, a sledgehammer and some tactical swimming left me with a 5 minute peninsula job, handy out. Didn't even have to kill a moblin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I just pegged it round the edge of the water

Did I hear mention of a Silver Lynel? Are they a step above the White Maned Lynels or is that someone just calling them Silver?

nightmare

you need to be skilled up on Flurry attacks which I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Attempting flurry attacks aginst lynels is usually the time the left stick clicks causing Link to crouch and then die, instead of jump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Me: Eventide Island is annoying me a bit I think I'll go do a story mission and come back to it.

Game: lol go fight a Lynel to get the shock arrows you need for the divine beast.

I was pretty crap at flurry attacks but I'm a lot better now! I thought I'd Beat him 1st go but a surprise fireball knocked me right off the mountain top. I was half way climbed back up when the fecker shot me at great distance with a shock arrow. They really don't like being challenged.

• Advertisement

^^^
    You don't have to fight it if it doesn't know you're there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

:D

I can't help but feel that they put that prerequisite in front of the Zora beast, and put the Zora beast closer to Kakariko than the other 3 as a brick wall to bash your 3-heart head off so that if you haven't already figured out that this isn't Bulletstorm, you'll eventually get it or give up.

By perfecting the flurry this early, you may have just locked yourself on a course that will see you complete the game in about 45 minutes with no Koroks found. You have my condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It doesn't actually say fight the thing, just go round collecting the arrows! You can find on the ground and on trees and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd hundreds of shock arrows by the time I got to him. I've over 400, a lot of treasure chest hunting. I didn't have to farm at all for them. I haven't used any in the game but will have to when I do that Divine Beast. It's the same story for the ice arrows, don't think I've used any.

Just remembered, I did use 1 electric arrow to make the shrine appear on the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have one ancient arrow went into Hyrule Castle once and got right back out, still on 4 hearts time to start doing shrines.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd hundreds of shock arrows by the time I got to him. I've over 400, a lot of treasure chest hunting. I didn't have to farm at all for them. I haven't used any in the game but will have to when I do that Divine Beast. It's the same story for the ice arrows, don't think I've used any.

Just remembered, I did use 1 electric arrow to make the shrine appear on the mountain.

Fond of fighting Lynels? I tend to challenge all the Lynels I meet, ended up using Shock Arrows as my standard for a little while as I'd so bloody many.

I think the Zora may also be 'first' as Mipha's Grace is so OP, IMO far more so than the rest of them.

Divine beasts are nothing compared to Lynels.

:D

I can't help but feel that they put that prerequisite in front of the Zora beast, and put the Zora beast closer to Kakariko than the other 3 as a brick wall to bash your 3-heart head off so that if you haven't already figured out that this isn't Bulletstorm, you'll eventually get it or give up.

By perfecting the flurry this early, you may have just locked yourself on a course that will see you complete the game in about 45 minutes with no Koroks found. You have my condolences.

Eh.. scuse my but I have SIX hearts thank you very much :D

I've been playing since launch and I'm only this far in the story so I thought it might be time to move on a bit. I have a terrible habit of just... going for walks. I don't fast travel anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Great game for an ol' stroll
    fixxxer wrote: »
    Eh.. scuse my but I have SIX hearts thank you very much :D

I've been playing since launch and I'm only this far in the story so I thought it might be time to move on a bit. I have a terrible habit of just... going for walks. I don't fast travel anywhere.

I used to avoid fast travel... but then things happen. You complete an armour set and want to see what the set bonus is, but it's 1:30am and you have work and the nearest fairy is half a map away. Or you find a new member for the Tarrey Town crew and you want to know where to go next as soon as possible. Or you've just climbed to the top of a gorge, a Yiga swordsman belts you and hits you off the edge before you've recovered, you manage to glide onto the side of the cliff but then it starts raining and you fall into the lake below with 1 red sliver of endurance left, and you think "**** it." Before you know it you've forgotten your horses names and there are areas of the map with 1 shrine and no koroks found...

Speaking of Horses, I know that conventional wisdom says you can't register them but I was hoping that Kilton's saddle might be made for Skeletal horses 'cause I can't seem to put it on anything else, so after bagging my first one from outside the northern maze I rode hell for leather for the nearest stable but it was starting to get bright. As I pulled up by the desk it ticked over to 5am and the horse crumbled. Is that supposed to happen when you reach a stable with one, or was it the 5am thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

As I pulled up by the desk it ticked over to 5am and the horse crumbled. Is that supposed to happen when you reach a stable with one, or was it the 5am thing?

5am is the 'dawn' time. Same for anything undead from what I know. Kilton ups sticks at 4am I believe but that's understandable, man has to get home :)

Actually, I'd be curious if undead equipment turns to dust at dawn, like the arms you can use as weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I used to avoid fast travel... but then things happen. You complete an armour set and want to see what the set bonus is, but it's 1:30am and you have work and the nearest fairy is half a map away. Or you find a new member for the Tarrey Town crew and you want to know where to go next as soon as possible. Or you've just climbed to the top of a gorge, a Yiga swordsman belts you and hits you off the edge before you've recovered, you manage to glide onto the side of the cliff but then it starts raining and you fall into the lake below with 1 red sliver of endurance left, and you think "**** it." Before you know it you've forgotten your horses names and there are areas of the map with 1 shrine and no koroks found...

Speaking of Horses, I know that conventional wisdom says you can't register them but I was hoping that Kilton's saddle might be made for Skeletal horses 'cause I can't seem to put it on anything else, so after bagging my first one from outside the northern maze I rode hell for leather for the nearest stable but it was starting to get bright. As I pulled up by the desk it ticked over to 5am and the horse crumbled. Is that supposed to happen when you reach a stable with one, or was it the 5am thing?

That's supposed to happen. You can't stable that horse.

That saddle is for a larger horse that you find elsewhere. I think it's in the Tabantha Highlands.

chrislad wrote: »
    That's supposed to happen. You can't stable that horse.

That saddle is for a larger horse that you find elsewhere. I think it's in the Tabantha Highlands.

The big horse is in Faron.

Does the monster saddle not go on regular horses? I'm pretty sure I kitted Stranger out with it and a Mohawk, badass looking horse.

Or how do I go about obtaining this new saddle.

I have that horse, the lady won't touch him.
    Don't blame her. He's a red head....

Ah I don't have the big horse yet, I forgot you can't change anything of his.

No idea then so, maybe its for Lynels?

• Advertisement

The big horse is in Faron.

Does the monster saddle not go on regular horses? I'm pretty sure I kitted Stranger out with it and a Mohawk, badass looking horse.

Or how do I go about obtaining this new saddle.

I thought the description for the monster saddle says it won't fit a normal size horse? I assumed it was for the big one. I've not bothered too much with the horses. I know there's the royal saddle, and the one you win for beating a time in one of the south stables, but I've not gotten the latter yet.

Ah I don't have the big horse yet, I forgot you can't change anything of his.

No idea then so, maybe its for Lynels?

Wait... is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nope, you can't tame Lynels, let alone register them!!!

fixxxer wrote: »
    Wait... is that possible?

You can mount them but they can't be tamed :D

There's a Henny Youngman "my wife is like a Lynel" joke in there somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I find stunning the lynels with an arrow to the face, followed by mounting them, (Easy Banjo!) and backstabbing till they throw me off works pretty well!

That's when they're at a distance of course, when they're near, the dodge and flurry blows works wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Saw a video last night that implied that you can also use Stasis on them once you've upgraded it, just like the Guardians. Haven't tried it myself yet.

You can. It lasts for about 2.5 milliseconds. :)

It takes longer to aim the stasis so I find that ruins any benefit to using it.

I'm kind of stuck on the idea now of rolling in to town on the back of a silver Lynel :D Beyond epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You can mount them but they can't be tamed :D

I know the type.

Advertisement