Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Blood moon on Eventide Island is just unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When I fought a Lynel in Hyrule castle, I dodged when he charged at me, then since he ran into the wall, I was able to mount him and hit him repeatedly before he shook me off.

So finally defeated Ganon. Good fun, if a little easy.

About the ending...
    Thought it was rubbish, even with the "true ending". Wife was watching me play, and she just looked at me "is that it"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've never been impressed with the ending of any Zelda game. Ending is never important to me. It's the 100/200 hour gameplay thats important to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So finally defeated Ganon. Good fun, if a little easy.

About the ending...
    Thought it was rubbish, even with the "true ending". Wife was watching me play, and she just looked at me "is that it"?

Huh. I didn't even realise there was more than one of what you had spoilered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just finished my first Divine Beast, Ruta. Kinda sad really :(

fixxxer wrote: »
    Just finished my first Divine Beast, Ruta. Kinda sad really :(

r-lee-ermey-hey-you-mr-emotional-quit-crying-man-up.jpg

There aren't words to accurately describe how much I hate Octoroks in this game. Their range is ridiculous. Came across a forest up north somewhere that was full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

There aren't words to accurately describe how much I hate Octoroks in this game. Their range is ridiculous. Came across a forest up north somewhere that was full of them.

A forest is one thing, the lake/river ones are just outright bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A forest is one thing, the lake/river ones are just outright bastards

Lake Hylia is a disaster

• Advertisement

Decided to do Ganon. Enjoyable if a bit easy.

Link is definitely the most blue-balled character in video game history. They all want a piece of him in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Decided to do Ganon. Enjoyable if a bit easy.

Link is definitely the most blue-balled character in video game history. They all want a piece of him in this one.

Dlc content that dispels the Kiddie tag once and for all? You'll never look at a stick of goat butter the same way!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Banjo wrote:
    Dlc content that dispels the Kiddie tag once and for all? You'll never look at a stick of goat butter the same way!

Have to say I've never seen any zelda games as being for kids. I do believe Nintendo has misjudged its target audience over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 1 Detailed

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Tingle outfit! :P

I like the sound of the 'Hero's Path' mod and the Korok Mask. Trial of the Sword should be a good challenge too. Impressive content for a Pack 1.

Tingle_Outfit.jpg
    HardMode.jpg?download=1

New update incoming as well. It adds Dual Audio.

Starting today, players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], with a different language used for on-screen text by downloading a free software update. To enable this feature in the Wii U version of the game, players will need to download a Voice Pack from Nintendo eShop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I look forward to playing LoZ: Breath of the Wild in the original Klingon!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know people had their doubts, but I think Pack 1 on its own looks like it's worth 20 bucks. When you consider that Pack 2 will be another big content update, it's really good value for money.

Hard mode does sound hard - it sounds like NG+ in Borderlands (tougher enemies, new enemies, more loot), the travel medallion sounds useful, the hero's path sounds great, the Korok will make finding those things less painful, the trials sound great... what's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, this is a lot more substantial than I'd thought it would, and I'm one of those fools who's already stumped up for it. I've got the (albeit useless) Switch tshirt to show for it! :D

If that's pack 1, I can't wait for what the already more substantial sounding pack 2 will include!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Much of this feels too late or should be free. Korok Mask? Too late by the time it comes out, don't need it and I've found over half of them. Hard Mode? A line of code changed possibly. Hero Medallion? Too late, not needed and should be free.

The 2nd pack will be better.

• Apparently new patch released to allow language changes in-game

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hard mode sounds much more than a line of code, dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Does anyone know the release date of the first DLC? Language update is live now right?

Hard mode sounds like a pan of ****e, I was disappointed with the difficulty of the game, instead of challenging fights, you just have enemies who take off over half your health per hit while you stand there breaking swords off them until they decide to attack again.

Boring. Re-gen health will just make it worse.

I like the look of the rest of the DLC though, especially Hero's Path.

I don't know why, but I was really hoping for some kind of sky bike with balloons and pedal-powered fans. So I'm disappointed.

A lot of that stuff is too little too late though - What's the point of the Tracker if you've been playing for 200 hours and aren't likely to go back? Same for the Korok mask - I'm no longer aimlessly wandering, and I *can't* because I no longer get the "I wonder what that is" feeling, it's been replaced with "I've climbed that tree before.... haven't I?". If the tracker is populated immediately with your last 200 hours of gameplay, that's a different kettle of fish though.

Tingle armour looks vile. But it's good to have a Day-Gimp suit to go with my luminous Night-Gimp suit.

I wonder if you can shoot out one of the balloons on the Bokoblin sky-platforms and watch them slide off the edge?

Hope "Hard Mode" has more enemies with a bit of cop-on, like those Lizards who catch your boomerang and throw it back at you. Bokoblins that can parry/disarm you? Octoroks that spit Moblins?

Banjo wrote: »
    Tingle armour looks vile. But it's good to have a Day-Gimp suit to go with my luminous Night-Gimp suit.

tenor.gif

You, sir, have won the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Banjo wrote: »
    If the tracker is populated immediately with your last 200 hours of gameplay, that's a different kettle of fish though.

As far as I understand, Hero Mode works retroactively for the last 200 hours of gameplay. :)

That's the only possible way it can make sense.... but then if they're already tracking those stats, why isn't it in the game already? Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Look.... I've found 2 of the great fairies and the horse fairy, and for all of them I was given a tip on how to locate them. I have no clue where to find the remaining one (or is it 2?) - I'm not asking where to find them, please don't tell me... but do let me know if I should have received a pointer from a village or stable. (But don't tell me which village/stable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I got one pointer before I found one, one afterwards (as a side quest) and nothing else (I think). For the final Great Fairy (I found anyway) you can't miss if you're doing all the shrine quests I wasn't looking for it/expecting it and had 90+ hours sunk in the game.

Is there a way on Switch to pull up the stats on how long I've been playing it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You can see one of the Great Fairies from
    the Tower south of the Rito village. Nestled into a mountain.

• Advertisement

Is there a way on Switch to pull up the stats on how long I've been playing it for?

I think the profile settings tell you your rough playtime, like "200hr+ played" kind of stuff, there's no full activity log unfortunately.

Advertisement