Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Rhyme wrote: »
    You can see one of the Great Fairies from
    the Tower south of the Rito village. Nestled into a mountain.

Added spoiler tags to that, as nobody wants to see that if they've not found it yet! Someone at a nearby stable gives a pointer to the location of that one, along with money towards helping her out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    Added spoiler tags to that, as nobody wants to see that if they've not found it yet! Someone at a nearby stable gives a pointer to the location of that one, along with money towards helping her out!

Whoops. I'm going to blame the sun frazzling mi brane meets.

I can also blame the fact that I found that Great Fairy in a similar fashion.
    Climbed that tower and went "huh, what's that thing?"
    Did too much exploring and not enough 'questing' during my play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I had a similar experience - I got the clue about the
    bridge and tower, and watching the shadow at mid-day or whatever it was
    but thought "it's the middle of the night, sure I'll just climb the tower and unlock it to kill some time, then I'll come back and find the fountain after. Sure enough, mystery solved...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just thinking about it, I think I'd hints given to me for each of the 4 great fairies.

If you want Banjo, send me a PM with the two you've already got, and I'll try to give a vague-ish hint about where area to talk to someone for a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The stuff of nightmares.
    05_tinglesoutfit.jpg

Now I get Banjo's gimp suit reference. *shudders*

Edit: I hadn't seen the post on pg.127.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm glad Hero's mode wasn't in it from the start as it would have made exploring less natural and also would have missed out on certain things that I only saw retreading somewhere I'd been before. Not that I would have paid for just that either, but included in a pack of things it's a nice option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Young fella dying to know how to get the clock to show in 12 hour format.
    Eg 9.26 PM instead of 21.26

I completely stumped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Settings > Date and time > toggle the 24 hour format switch

Settings > Date and time > toggle the 24 hour format switch

Thanks - don't see that on the switch though.
    System settings > System > Date and Time only gives
    Synchronise Clock via Internet
    And
    Time Zone

No toggle switch?

long_b wrote: »
    Thanks - don't see that on the switch though.
    System settings > System > Date and Time only gives
    Synchronise Clock via Internet
    And
    Time Zone

No toggle switch?

Sorry, got mixed up and was posting in completely the wrong thread!

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Just thinking about it, I think I'd hints given to me for each of the 4 great fairies.

If you want Banjo, send me a PM with the two you've already got, and I'll try to give a vague-ish hint about where area to talk to someone for a hint.

Cheers, just found one by accident while searching for something else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

re. Zelda DLC: I'm not sure i can take any more Zelda. I mean, class game and all that, but it's a f?cking epic. Kinda takes it out of you having played through it, if anyone feels the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

manual_man wrote: »
    re. Zelda DLC: I'm not sure i can take any more Zelda. I mean, class game and all that, but it's a f?cking epic. Kinda takes it out of you having played through it, if anyone feels the same way?
    Nope, I went from this master piece to mass effect anticlimax, just made me savor my time with zelda all the more!

long_b wrote: »
    Young fella dying to know how to get the clock to show in 12 hour format.
    Eg 9.26 PM instead of 21.26

I completely stumped :(

You have to change your regional settings to US for this

Aye. That was one of the reasons I just went ahead and defeated Ganon, even though I had 10 or 15 shrines left (fcuk the Korok, no way I'm getting all those little sh1tes). I wanted to finish the game while I was still enjoying it; before it wore too thin and it became an effort to play.
    Irishbrick wrote: »
    Nope, I went from this master piece to mass effect anticlimax, just made me savor my time with zelda all the more!

To be fair, any game played after this is at a risk of anticlimax. Maybe that's why I don't like the Prey demo...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Aye. That was one of the reasons I just went ahead and defeated Ganon, even though I had 10 or 15 shrines left (fcuk the Korok, no way I'm getting all those little sh1tes). I wanted to finish the game while I was still enjoying it; before it wore too thin and it became an effort to play.

To be fair, any game played after this is at a risk of anticlimax. Maybe that's why I don't like the Prey demo...
    Try horizon zero dawn, I'm enjoying the absolute hell out of it! Really impressed! Obviously no Zelda, but nothing is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Okami, available on lots of formats is an excellent cool down game to play following Zelda.
    The Darksiders games too, apparently, though they are a little too much like a DMC/GoW game for me.
    Or, just look to the likes of Mario Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion.
    All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Would I be CRAZY to restart BotW? I played a good bit in March, nothing on the switch in April and tried to go back last night. No idea what or where I was to go. Such a big game to start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I can never remember what I was doing when I play it. I generally just go for a wander and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would I be CRAZY to restart BotW? I played a good bit in March, nothing on the switch in April and tried to go back last night. No idea what or where I was to go. Such a big game to start over.

Can just check your log and it should give you an idea.

I think I'll move back to playing Life is Strange on PC. Finished episode 1 before Zelda came out. Or maybe The Last Guardian

• Advertisement

This is like the bit in a Viet Nam movie before 90% of the squad gets wiped out.
    "What are you gonna do when you get home from Hyrule?"
    "Dunno man. Maybe I'll finally beat the E4 in Pokemon Moon."
    "Aaaaaaw yeah. With the Dhelmises and the Lycanrocs?"
    "You know that Kahili wants my Toucannon!"
    <clinks beer> "I heard dat!"

....ten minutes later....

"Oh jesus! MEDIC! Hold on man! Hold on! We're getting you out of here, we're getting you home - you're gonna sit on that champions chair, you're gonna get to register your Primarina. I'm pretty sure the doc can reattach your face... MEDIC!!! Oh **** man, that guardian did a number on you... and your pot lid is completely ****ed.... No! Don't you flash back to a memory! Open your eyes..... open your eyes...."

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

While a Zelda-esque version of Adagio For Strings plays?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've actually taken what's coming up to be a 2 week break.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Try horizon zero dawn, I'm enjoying the absolute hell out of it! Really impressed! Obviously no Zelda, but nothing is!

Find it hard to even play Horizon Zero Dawn after Zelda. No fault of the game, thought it would be awful but was pleasantly surprised but it's just not a patch on Zelda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

A few quick questions.

Is there any way to drop weapons, shields, etc. without having to enter the menu?

After I take aim with the bow, is there a way to re-sheath it without having to waste an arrow?

Is there any way to complete the motion control shrines with regular controls? The first one killed the pacing of the game for me.

Just press B to cancel aiming the arrow.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Find it hard to even play Horizon Zero Dawn after Zelda. No fault of the game, thought it would be awful but was pleasantly surprised but it's just not a patch on Zelda.

I'm playing both right now. Horizon is a high quality game but it's interactivity and traversal are nowhere near good enough when compared to Breath of the Wild.

The typical response to that would be "yeah, but that's not what the game is about". But the beauty of Zelda is that it's not really 'about' those things either. Nintendo just realised that you cannot have an open world full of dead environments.

A contributor on another forum I frequent made the point that as good as Horizon is, the minute to minute traveral isn't much more advanced than Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 (just look at Aloy's jump). Okay, there's some Uncharted-esque climbing sequences but those are very specific; Aloy cannot move like that on the ground, so to speak.

That was one of my early criticisms of the game upon release, so you can imagine how I feel about it after playing Breath of the Wild for 7 days straight.

I'm not usually a fan of comparing games in such a direct fashion because it ignores the various nuances at play, but other open world games should be compared to Zelda. It's the kick up the ass they all needed.

Cheers. It's crazy to think I've put about 15 hours into the game and still didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Paleblood wrote: »
    A few quick questions.

Is there any way to drop weapons, shields, etc. without having to enter the menu?

After I take aim with the bow, is there a way to re-sheath it without having to waste an arrow?

Is there any way to complete the motion control shrines with regular controls? The first one killed the pacing of the game for me.

right bumper to throw away your main weapon, I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sweetie wrote: »
    right bumper to throw away your main weapon, I think

Left thumbstick to go get it again, when you fling it by mistake.

Advertisement