Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sweetie wrote: »
    So you can get hit by lightning anywhere if you've equipped any metal weapons yet your wooden weapons get destroyed in Goron city even if unequipped!? Whats that all about?

Mine never burned. Think they're shown as smoking just so you know not to equip them, the same way the metal ones show electricity during lightning.
    Though in Gerudo City
    if you get the helmet, lightning won't harm you. I got it and ran around in a lightning storm with loads of metal equipped. It worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In regard to that spoiler,
    can you use yourself as a lightning rod in combat to get free AoE attacks on any fool who stands too close?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I spent an hour trying to climb a mountain with the wrong clothes and the wrong meals cooked.
    It was fantastic!

I climbed up to here in Zora's Domain in the p1$$ing rain only to be greeted by nothing but an empty pond. It took ages, slipping all the time, no Revali's Gale. Don't think you're meant to be up here until something happens. What a waste, but I got a photo. :mad:

WVW69kQMSJ4hH_xE3T

:)

Yeah that pond drove me mad when I found it first. It's so round! It's clearly meant for something! Where's my shrine quest! Where's my submerged blocks for building a path to a sunken chest with a sword I don't need in it? Where's my giant korok? There can't be a perfectly round empty patch in the middle of the map for NOTHING! This isn't the Witcher!

It's purpose will become clear enough once you stop fighting the urge to play the game "properly" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Mine never burned. Think they're shown as smoking just so you know not to equip them, the same way the metal ones show electricity during lightning.
    Though in Gerudo City
    if you get the helmet, lightning won't harm you. I got it and ran around in a lightning storm with loads of metal equipped. It worked perfectly

ahh, so they don't that's great. Pity I stowed them somewhere and have forgotten now!

I was talking to my cousin about this game today and he was amazed I haven't done any cooking yet. That kind of stuff bores me. I'm only as far as the beginning of the quests for the three divine beasts and trying to get into the place for the fourth one, done about 40 shrines and all the towers. I've crafted some arrows and bought and upgraded outfits though.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah that pond drove me mad when I found it first. It's so round! It's clearly meant for something! Where's my shrine quest! Where's my submerged blocks for building a path to a sunken chest with a sword I don't need in it? Where's my giant korok? There can't be a perfectly round empty patch in the middle of the map for NOTHING! This isn't the Witcher!

It's purpose will become clear enough once you stop fighting the urge to play the game "properly" :D

It really did drive me nuts. I'd constantly come back to it and try to scale it, especially when I'd get an extra piece of climbing armour or a portion of extra stamina. Finally squeezed up there with 2 full wheels of stamina and the full climbing rigout. Talk about an anticlimax. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Where are people finding climbing gear?

fixxxer wrote: »

I remember 2 at least were in Shrines. 1 I found early on in the game in a chest in a shrine but in a sneaky location, that was the bandana. Then another I think was in a chest, ages later, after beating a Major Test of Strength shrine. The third piece I think is a reward from a subquest. You can buy them in a certain town after you complete a series of challenges if you can't find them all otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

fixxxer wrote: »

I think the three pieces are all in shrines. I'd actually advise googling it because IMO they make the exploration in the game more fun so the earlier you get them the better.

I think the three pieces are all in shrines. I'd actually advise googling it because IMO they make the exploration in the game more fun so the earlier you get them the better.

Traversing with that complete set and a fair whack of stamina does indeed make things so much easier, when it's upgraded a couple of times for the added bonus. Still, I probably didn't complete the set until about 200 hours into the game. I've maxed out all the main armour sets, and all the lesser sets except the shock proof armour, 1 away from the max but I don't see the point as it's barely used except for Farosh farming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It looks really good in red too, which is the main draw. Fashion Souls Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Just finished off my last beast, up at death mountain. Glad to be seeing the back of the steamy mess!! Might go try and defeat some lynels before taking on ganon.

Best game ever? Surely right up there.

I'd swear Nintendo are downgrading the Wii U version with each update though :D had some almost unplayable slowdown moments with the big lugs on the way up death mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Finally got that darn blood moon shrine.

had some very wierd jitters walking on the ridge north-east of the Lost Woods. Nothing else around me but every now and again it was freezing and showing a wheel. Very strange. Maybe somewhere someone was punching a Moblin.

Regarding my question earlier about a certain item of clothing - You can! I had a go last night. Doesn't do much damage - it's less than a bomb - very slow to repeat and requires crackerjack timing. It's not really a great weapon in that respect but it does stun everyone in a small AOE and sets fire to grass briefly (didn't catch an updraft but wasn't really trying) so while I wouldn't depend on it it's a handy bonus if you find yourself in the middle of a mel?e.

Wandered in to the castle for the first time. I think I went in the wrong way, ending up in the Dining hall. Some nice gear in there though, in amongst the crap, and having Ol' Faithful in it's fully powered up state at all times is nice. Ended up chickening out when I got locked in a room with a Lynel. Still haven't fought one of those guys man to man. (Man to Mane?)

re:Climbing armour - it seems to make you move faster but also deplete your wheel faster so you save time but don't extend your reach. Could be wrong, suspect I am, but for all the climbs where I feel I need it I tend to end up forced into the Thermal gear instead. In terms of the shrines, one of them you may have missed in the opening few hours of the game - you pass it on the way to Kakariko and it's not very far off the beaten path. I say that like you're some sort of fool for missing it, I walked straight past it on my first day off the plateau! The other two, well you get a pointer to one in Hateno Village though it'll take you a while to get to it, and if you've wandered out to the coast at any point you've probably seen the third. At least 1 of them is a major test of strength so as handy as the upgrade bonus is I'm not sure how practical it is to get the full set early in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hasn't fought a lynel mam to man! Pffft, you're no true legendary hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where does one find the rougher type of lynel? Have killed a couple of the weaker versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

re:Climbing armour - it seems to make you move faster but also deplete your wheel faster so you save time but don't extend your reach. Could be wrong, suspect I am, but for all the climbs where I feel I need it I tend to end up forced into the Thermal gear instead.

True, it just gives you "Climb speed up".
    When all three pieces are equipped and level 2 or better, you also get "Climbing Jump Stamina Up", which means you can climb faster and further (perhaps not further than just climbing, but it helps.)

Yeah, that's when it really shines. 2 1/2 stamina wheels plus level 2+ climbing set = spiderman. Really think they need some sort of "climb in the rain" perk though.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where does one find the rougher type of lynel? Have killed a couple of the weaker versions.

There's a silver one out on the big tall islands in the Lanayru Sea.

Zelda BotW Glitch - The Master Sword has returned to the forest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54vafqL6Pw

You can glitch the game by making it fire out a tidal wave of arrows.

• Advertisement

Finally squared off with a lynel. It was over a lot quicker than I'd thought it would be, and I kept bumping into things and mishandling my weapon but once I found my rhythm I was able to frantically beat out a few flurries and then clean up the mess.

Next stop : Death Mountain!

once I found my rhythm I was able to frantically beat out a few flurries and then clean up the mess.

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just got all the memories. Back to ganon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just to be sure safetyboy:
    Did you get the last memory, the super secret one?

Just 4 shrines left, 2 of which will become available when I beat the remaining 2 Divine Beasts. Finding the other 2 shrines will be tough, the last few I've found have been all as a result of completing tasks, so the Shiekah shrine finder has been useless.

Found about 20 new Korok seeds and added a bit more to the compendium.

And I completed the horseback archery mini game, both levels. Used bomb arrows for the 23 out of 25 requirement, a bit excessive but using a Savage Lynel Bow with x5 shots is awesome and destructive. It's a tough mini-game. But the rewards look well.

Plus, I scanned an amiibo for the first time, scanned Smash Bros. Link for Epona. I don't like how this has been handled. Ye know my views. That's the only way to get that horse and is essentially paid DLC.

2 months later when I think I'm nearly done, I keep finding stuff. Might try dying armour in the next play session.

In fairness Epona is not the best horse in the game. What will really do your nut is when you get frustrated that she doesn't quite look right and you twig why, then realise you need another amiibo :) Also, the same paid DLC also gets you the twilight armour set, and various perks in other games. If anything I'm coming to appreciate them as the only digital content Ninty have done right. And if you don't agree, try fitting your WiiU copy of Mariokart into your switch!

Now to get back to my Too Hot For Hyrule adventures. Hers was the timeless beauty of a Tuscan sunset or a walnut atop a Waldorf salad. She lay their, legs akimbo, waiting for for me to fulfil her. I thrust my weapon deep into it's sheath, reaching out a hand to envelop her glistening orb and I felt her melt like the inside of a choc-ice on a hot summers day. This, this was the moment - I was deep inside her shrine but I withdrew, and everything went white...

Ya, Epona doesn't look right but I also couldn't tell you exactly why. Without looking it up, it's possibly the mane, don't remember it being snow white. Is there a better horse than Epona? Don't answer that please, it's rhetorical. The stats are impressive and no need for training.

I find it very frustrating that you can't check a horses stats without registering it, which usually requires you to also delete an existing horse. Maybe it's intentional, so you are expected to get a feel for it's speed or strength while taking it but the differences are too subtle for me. Best I've found, caught and tamed on spec is 4-3-4 but I'll take Straylite or Taraji over Epona any day. I worked for them.

Is it wrong to want crafting (arrows at least) and farming in the dlc? My home is an oversized locker for a handful of weapons I'll never use, I want more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Had my first venture towards hyrule, took on about 7 guardians :D was carnage! God bless you ancient arrows. Rip my trusty steed lucky, got caught in the crossfire :(

Also took on a lynel, the silver one, wrong place to start right? :D

Is there anything to gain from beating those lunatics besides pride? Not sure I could be arsed!

I did want one of their hooves for the korok village quest though...

• Advertisement

Had my first venture towards hyrule, took on about 7 guardians :D was carnage! God bless you ancient arrows. Rip my trusty steed lucky, got caught in the crossfire :(

Also took on a lynel, the silver one, wrong place to start right? :D

Is there anything to gain from beating those lunatics besides pride? Not sure I could be arsed!

I did want one of their hooves for the korok village quest though...

They have good weapons and shields you can take from them.

Advertisement